How much can you bench press??

ey' chief, it may take you some time to realize it, but this site is a forum in which the members all have and show respect for one another. I think that thru a dual baseball/football career that i may probably understand the potential catabolic effects of to much cortisone on the human body. And before you attempt to be a computer tough guy and tell me i need to "man-up", i think you need to grow up. Know who you are dealing with before you make a statement that makes you look like an idiot. Maybe while your at it you could give me some advice on trt/hrt. I'd love to be emblazened with your great wealth of knowledge!

LMAO!! Your a fucking trip chip!!:bash:

ey' chief, it may take you some time to realize it, but this site is a forum in which the members all have and show respect for one another. I think that thru a dual baseball/football career that i may probably understand the potential catabolic effects of to much cortisone on the human body. And before you attempt to be a computer tough guy and tell me i need to "man-up", i think you need to grow up. Know who you are dealing with before you make a statement that makes you look like an idiot. Maybe while your at it you could give me some advice on trt/hrt. I'd love to be emblazened with your great wealth of knowledge!

Lol, caught me off guard.

Let me try this again my sensitive friend.
As you know Cortisone will weaken tendons near the injection site, as a lifter this is asking for trouble.

I would hate to see people reading the posts of a once great athlete and thinking it is OK to use cortisone in such a way. It's a bandaid approach and you should get it fixed...IMO.

Do you take testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? Would you be able to take your regular Cortisone shots if you were not on TRT?

Peace

now 335lbs but the most ever was 455lbs when i was in college playing football and 225 rep was at 32 at my pro day i did 28reps but the scout took about 4 from me due to not locking out. and i do have proof the nfl still have those stats! pm and i will tell you how to look them up!

I am doing 170-180 pounds. Before I couldn't do that much. If I only press one or two times I can go over 200.

I'm naturally pretty strong but with the weightlifting I've been doing I've increased my bench press.

I could probably do more by now but there were times I stopped lifting weights for a while. I am hoping I can stay lifting weights steady so I can bench press over 200 a whole bunch of times.

if your tryin to bodybuild you shouldnt be worried about how much you bench anyways. I cant even bench 315 for one but am bigger than guys who can bench over 400 for reps.

Heres a clue BENCH DOES NOT AFFECT SIZE VERY MUCH AT ALL. And its way over hyped

Also you always see guys focused on their flat bench. You rarely see anyone start off with incline bench cuz they dont wanna tire out and look bad on flat. I was told by a guy who benched 565 raw to always do incline bench first on chest day, that its your bread n butter. I really didnt sit and argue with him about why, he just said so many people focuse on flat bench and dont realize how important incline is.

I posted in this thread 2 wks ago and my 1rm was 225(weak)
I did chest today and 205 3sets of 6
i dunno were that put me at for max but its more than 2 weeks ago.Progress

Yeah, it was legit. I had just graduated from college a few months prior, and Vernon Gholston and Jake Long had just repped 225x37 in the NFL Combine. Wanted to see if I could beat the strongest guys my age heading to the NFL. I could, but I only made to it Div 3 for football. So they're making a little more $ than me :eek:

Guess you have some big endurance in the pecs, thats a supposed max of something like 535.

I thought asking how much you bench was a stupid high school thing that everyone eventually got over. Guess some people still care bout it.:bash:

lol...its kinda like asking how many chicks you banged.

EXACTLY! your on point bro.

Bodybuilders should not care how much they bench anyways.

What is funny is that when i benched the most, i was smaller than i am now.

Bench is not the be all to end all exercises.
To me its worthless in helping to build your chest out

EXACTLY! your on point bro.

Bodybuilders should not care how much they bench anyways.

What is funny is that when i benched the most, i was smaller than i am now.

Bench is not the be all to end all exercises.
To me its worthless in helping to build your chest out

Totally agree couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

Back