How's my diet look?

donjob

A little background: 24 years old 5'10" 168 pounds. started lifting seriously last half of deployment in afghanistan, went from 150 to 158 by the time i got home. got lazy after getting home and drinking heavily (psychological problems). Got back into lifting and staying healthy this past January. quit drinking. starting weight back at 150. Gained those ten pounds back fairly quickly naturally. gained a couple more off epistane in 3 weeks. 3 weeks into test e cycle and up to 168 and growing. I'm definetly doing something right but just wanted some feedback on my diet and any tweaks i can make.

0510 - one scoop muscle juice, half scoop syntrax whey protein, 10oz whole milk

0630 - gym

0745 - 1 heaping scoop muscle milk with 8oz 1% milk

0830 - 2 protein pancakes; 10g protein each around 230 calories each plenty of carbs

1030 - either leftover steak, couple lean burger patties or chicken. if no leftovers then coldcut sandwich with whitewheat bread and mustard. 1 apple

1230 - 1 coldcut sandwich with whitewheat and mustard, sometimes a couple eggwhites

1430 - musclemilk from store

1600 - 1 scoop musclejuice with either half scoop whey or one serving peanutbutter, 10oz whole milk

1900 - dinner, chicken and white rice, burger on toasted whitewheat or steak with 2 baked potatoes

2100 - 1 scoop muscle juice with either whey or peanutbutter and 10oz whole milk

2130 - sleep

*also getting about 1 gallon of water throughout the day, no sodas, occasionally sweet tea if i grab chickfila for dinner

any input is appreciated guys thanks you

also taking fishoil, milk thistle and calcium with shake in morning. joint support and magnesium before bed

I think whats working is your having lots of meals split up fairly evenly. I think I counted 9. That more than me. I'm a 6 a day guy.

From my own personal experience, I've done the majority of my meals a shake bc its easier and what I learned is that they are what we buy them to be supplements. When I switched to the majority of my meals natural wholesome meals, my gains doubled in speed and I felt better.

I'd recommend dropping a few of those shake meals and replacing them with some chicken and brown rice or fish and brown rice or something. I can't remember how much fat MM has in it but I think its alot but pay attention and make sure your getting enough fat.

Postworkout for gainers, I'd recommend straight WPI and about 60 grams of carbs or so especially if your training natty.

Just my $0.02

i'm a marine infantryman with a family to boot so finding the time to replace those shakes with whole food would be very hard. i am making sure i'm buying good protein powders though and not any cheap crap. you get what you pay for. the muscle juice is a no shit gainer, it has a ton of carbs and good fats in it. the muscle milk is just for postworkout at work since it mixes easily in a shaker bottle. the muscle juice has to be blended. also i love fish but don't think it would be very good leftover and microwaved the next day so i'm pretty much stuck with deli meats or leftover chicken or beef for lunch.

i'm a marine infantryman with a family to boot so finding the time to replace those shakes with whole food would be very hard. i am making sure i'm buying good protein powders though and not any cheap crap. you get what you pay for. the muscle juice is a no shit gainer, it has a ton of carbs and good fats in it. the muscle milk is just for postworkout at work since it mixes easily in a shaker bottle. the muscle juice has to be blended. also i love fish but don't think it would be very good leftover and microwaved the next day so i'm pretty much stuck with deli meats or leftover chicken or beef for lunch.

I know how tough it is to have a family and eat right. I grill a shit load of chicken at one time and it usually lasts 4 days. (I don't like eating chicken older than that) I usually microwave the next day and it seems to be working. I do the same with rice but I freeze my servings in containers. Wife gets a little pissy but I ignore her like a good husband does.

Looks good to me. Meal frequency IMO is over rated unless you need the space to eat the food. Just keep it consistent. The body will adapt. So if you go doe like 2hrs with no food just eat more next time. People have done oil shooters in between meals to help push the calories over the top. Not saying you should as you seem to be doing quite well regardless. :).

Back