Humalin vs Humalog: An Intelligent Debate

Thank you very much Ironmaster, I really appreciate you taking your time to answer so many questions, I just would not jump into long-acting slin without your guidance. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm grateful and honored to have you on our board from time to time.

Now wish me luck!! :D

The Almighty said:
Doc, so have you decided on a final course of action?

Yeah, I'm going to run the N and log for the first ten weeks of the cycle. I will quickly ramp up to 10IU of log (because I feel comfortable with it) and slowly work my way up with the N, possibly to 15IU, but I'm just gonna play it by ear and see how I feel, but I'm sure I'll end up somewhere between 10-20IU. I'm going to try injecting both of them togther postworkout, but if I feel that's too much, I'll shoot the N an hour later. I will be working out in the morn of course. As far as shooting on days I'm not working out (meaning I will be working) I'll have to see how often I can get a meal or shake in at work and how I feel with the N. I'm sure that even if I do end up doing that, I won't be trying it till 4-5 weeks in. I plan on carrying glucose tabs and a premixed dextrose/maltodextrin drink just to be safe. I'm planning on eating every 1.5 hours (on days I can, meaning not working) so I don't think I'll have a problem on those days. I'm just gonna take it slow and listen to my body. :)

Oh and I will be on gear, test, nandro pp (helps with insulin sensitivity), and d-bol for the first 6. That is if my guy comes through. :rolleyes: Stupid war......not that I'm unpatriotic or don't support it, just messes up international packages.

ironmaster, I beg to differ in your opinion that the carbs should be consumed 15 minutes before a humalog injection. My own experience is that my own insulin reduces bgl greatly within 15 minutes of carb consumption and humalog, for me takes 15 to 20 minutes to really get going.
I find that I only need 7g of dextrose per IU of log if taken approx. 15 -20 minutes after injection.
Of course everyone has different insulin sensitivity and results vary a great deal from person to person, so I suggest trying with a blood glucose meter at first.

Back