Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Steroids

ForeverBulkin

Friend of mine has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and wants to start taking gear. I searched on google what it is and based on what I saw, its as if he is committing suicide if he does this. He wont listen to me and hes one of my best friends. Is their a chance that taking gear wont effect his condition or will he be a ticking timebomb if he decides to use gear

My father had cardio myopathy and it was what he eventually died from at 66. I would strongly discourage your buddy from taking gear. In his weakened condition gear will only add undue stress to an already weakened heart. Gear and a heart condition is bad news.

Cardiomyopathy and steroids I would think would definetly be a mistake, BUT lifting moderate to heavy weights would be even more disaterous. When lifting weights, a persons BP rises (pressure) which actually causes the direct stress to the heart. To consume any gear would of course require lifting, hence the stress on the heart. Throwing any AAS on this would of course amplify the problem. He shouldn't not just cycle, but should extremely limit his lifting to low intensity, if any at all. Long walks, swimming, biking, etc. should probably be his focus. Just my .02 on the condition.

Cardiomyopathy and steroids I would think would definetly be a mistake, BUT lifting moderate to heavy weights would be even more disaterous. When lifting weights, a persons BP rises (pressure) which actually causes the direct stress to the heart. To consume any gear would of course require lifting, hence the stress on the heart. Throwing any AAS on this would of course amplify the problem. He shouldn't not just cycle, but should extremely limit his lifting to low intensity, if any at all. Long walks, swimming, biking, etc. should probably be his focus. Just my .02 on the condition.

Agreed and the combo of steroids AND lifting moderate to heavy weight well that would be a death sentence.

steroids will make any muscle grow.. the heart is a muscle.. with normal users its usually not a problem unless you start adding high levels and long bouts of gh..

there are many many complications that can come from your friends decision.. i highly recommend they leave it alone

Thanks for the replies guys. He does 0 cardio and lifts heavy every time we go to the gym. He says he has to go twice a year to his cardiologist so hopefully if anything happens they will be able to detect in beforehand.

Back