I found a sled.

BronzedGoddess

I love racist crackers!!!
This morning I went to the high school track to run bleachers. Lo and behold 2 sleds were next to the long jump pit. So how often should I drag this thing? 3 times a week sound good? Thanks in advanced.

blackbeard said:
i thought you were a pro at this??? lol
here are some good ideas :)
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72716
The last time I pulled a sled I was 17 and I ran with it. If I start out like that I will kill myself. I guess I should have used the search function first. My fault. Thanks for the link, but I want more of a "power" workout. Short bursts. I'll start out 100 meters 8 times. I'll do 3 times a week. Guess I answered my own question.

Thanks.

The sled I pulled in high school had a shoulder harness instead of a waist harness.
sled100.gif

sledforward.jpg

BronzedGoddess said:
The last time I pulled a sled I was 17 and I ran with it. If I start out like that I will kill myself. I guess I should have used the search function first. My fault. Thanks for the link, but I want more of a "power" workout. Short bursts. I'll start out 100 meters 8 times. I'll do 3 times a week. Guess I answered my own question.

Thanks.

how about pulling the sled 100 feet short rest then return
add more weight and repeat..
keep repeating until you think youve had enough :)

blackbeard said:
how about pulling the sled 100 feet short rest then return
add more weight and repeat..
keep repeating until you think youve had enough :)

I'd agree with this too. If you're going with 100m, pulling the sled becomes more of a cardiovascular endurance exercise than simply working on explosion. I know that simply running 100m is a sprint, but pulling a weight that long becomes more of a test of cardiovascular output ability than muscular explosion.

SpikeyLizard said:
I'd agree with this too. If you're going with 100m, pulling the sled becomes more of a cardiovascular endurance exercise than simply working on explosion. I know that simply running 100m is a sprint, but pulling a weight that long becomes more of a test of cardiovascular output ability than muscular explosion.
but you would consider this anaerobic as apposed to aerobic right? I guess that's what I should have said. I'm not looking for an aerobic workout, I'm looking for more of a HIIT workout. Once I'm in better shape I do plan on running 100 meters with it, but that's later on.

Thanks BB and Spikey.

BronzedGoddess said:
but you would consider this anaerobic as apposed to aerobic right? I guess that's what I should have said. I'm not looking for an aerobic workout, I'm looking for more of a HIIT workout. Once I'm in better shape I do plan on running 100 meters with it, but that's later on.

Thanks BB and Spikey.

Yeah. That would develop anaerobic endurance (guess I shoulda specified that) more than aerobic, although pulling a sled 100m would definitely test your body's ability to take in and use oxygen too. It depends on your goals really, if you're just looking for power and explosion like most of these PL guys, then I see no need to go farther than 30-40yds (assuming you're doing this on a fb field). It's all just dependent on your goals.

SpikeyLizard said:
Yeah. That would develop anaerobic endurance (guess I shoulda specified that) more than aerobic, although pulling a sled 100m would definitely test your body's ability to take in and use oxygen too. It depends on your goals really, if you're just looking for power and explosion like most of these PL guys, then I see no need to go farther than 30-40yds (assuming you're doing this on a fb field). It's all just dependent on your goals.
I get you. I guess power was the wrong word too. I'm not looking for explosiveness (it's not that hard to catch my kids yet) but I am looking for workouts more like my old track workouts. I'll eventually work up to running quarter repeats hopefully by the end of the summer.

thanks again spikey.

iron addict said:
Sled are NOT made to run with. Trust me, if you want more of a HIT stsyle WO, you don't run, you just add weight. Here is more info on sled pulling:

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116

The sled section was just put-up and there is a LOT more info on sled pulling spread on the board. Do a search.

Iron Addict
When I was a sprinter we ran with them. The thought of dragging a sled around like a mule bores me to tears. I respect your opinion, but I'm just doing this for an alternate cardio activity and I figure I'd mimic my old off season track workouts to get back in shape. But thank you for the link I will check it out.

ETA: I don't have the option to keep adding weight. I only have the weights that are on the sled already and I'm not buying any.

Last edited:
So I was humbled tonight. The sled had 50 lbs on it and I struggled to pull it 4 times for about 50 meter each way. How I was able to sprint 100 meters with 45 lbs in high school is beyond me. Granted today was leg day so my legs were already fried.

You PL guys pulling this thing for 15-20 minutes is pretty hardcore. Guess y'all aren't all fat and lazy after all.

BronzedGoddess said:
When I was a sprinter we ran with them. The thought of dragging a sled around like a mule bores me to tears. I respect your opinion, but I'm just doing this for an alternate cardio activity and I figure I'd mimic my old off season track workouts to get back in shape. But thank you for the link I will check it out.

ETA: I don't have the option to keep adding weight. I only have the weights that are on the sled already and I'm not buying any.

Load the thing up and lets see how bored you get:D

Everyone gets out of life what they put in. Don't bother speninga few bucks on some plates--why bother--sorry, had to be sarcastic there:D

IA

iron addict said:
Load the thing up and lets see how bored you get:D

Everyone gets out of life what they put in. Don't bother speninga few bucks on some plates--why bother--sorry, had to be sarcastic there:D

IA
I just sold 225lbs worth of plates to Play it again sports so the hubby isn't going to let me go out and buy some more, but I was TOAST with the 50lbs I used yesterday.

I should appologize for comparing y'all mules ;) That crap was hard.

Back