I have a BIG sweating problem!

Carter 15

Im 6'1 about 185 pounds and i love to play sports and workout about 3 times a week. No matter how much in shape i am, my sweating is uncontrollable. For example, this afternoon (about 90 degrees btw) i was playing basketball with some complete strangers and about 2 hours later, my whole white t-shirt was soaked in sweat, while their shirts barely had a drop.
I dont mind sweating, but in public it gets real embarrasing. People know me as "The Monster" cuz of the things i can do, but now i think "The Monster" is something I look like after an excercise. Sometimes i can just be walkin in 80 degree weather and i sweat all around my collar-bone.
It sucks when people (mostly girls) come up to you and want to see you play a sport, and then after, your a big blob of stinky sweat. My reputation is growing in the town im living in, so i have to prove that i am a good athlete. To make it more clear, when me and my friends excerise, sometimes they just stare at me and say "Damn, you sweat like triple mine!" People tell me i should see a doctor about this, but i would like to know what you guys think.
Please, i would really like to excercise in public without carrying a towel with me. :toilet:

Last edited:
Sweating your ass off after only 2 hours of basketball?

That's nothing. Everytime I do cardio, I sweat for an hour after Ive finished and it's a full blown sweating. Doesn't bother me though.

I have the same problem, I sweat alot its just genetics. I read somewhere that there is some sort of laser surgery that they zap a nerve or something that helps. I don't know but I do know how embarresing it can be to sweat alot. Chicks do dig it in bed thats the only upside.

here is my prediction. you are early high school age. people call you the monster because you went through puberty before the rest of the little narrow asses. that also explains why you are better in sports than everyone else. men sweat. alot. in a few years after all of the other guys nuts drop, you won't be out of the ordinary.

Just wait until you sweat on mildly warm days, through your pants and shirt just SITTING. When I workout, its far worse.

back_sweaty.jpg

Mudge said:
Just wait until you sweat on mildly warm days, through your pants and shirt just SITTING. When I workout, its far worse.

back_sweaty.jpg
Yeah it sucks doesn't it?

If you think that's bad, I come home from work everyday with my socks soaking wet because my feet sweat like crazy. Although, apparently unlike you, I don't start to stink when I sweat. In fact, most women I know seem to like the way I smell when I'm a bit sweaty. Hah. Anyway, the only thing I would recommend for you is to make sure you're getting plenty of fluids, seeing as how you're expelling so much fluid through your skin.

Yeah I don't stink either, and like I said chicks do dig it in bed, matter of fact I love it when your going at it with a chick and her back starts to sweat.

Blah...why are people so afraid to sweat!? I find it cleansing...Okay, maybe not so much, but if I walk out the gym and my clothes are dry, I'm disappointed in myself...And it absolutely gets on my nerves when people at my gym start bitching to me about how warm it is in there and that they're sweating...It's a gym...you're supposed to sweat!! Plus, I've heard the quicker your body produces sweat, the better shape you're in...

I have the same exact problem. I don't give a shit if I sweat when working out or playing sports, thats completely normal. But I live in FL so it's extremely humid. I can just walk around, even at night, when then sun is down and I still get soaken shirts, it's gross. I get in my car, drive 15 min to work w/ the ac on, and I get out and my lower back is soaked.

Carter 15 said:
Im 6'1 about 185 pounds and i love to play sports and workout about 3 times a week. No matter how much in shape i am, my sweating is uncontrollable. For example, this afternoon (about 90 degrees btw) i was playing basketball with some complete strangers and about 2 hours later, my whole white t-shirt was soaked in sweat, while their shirts barely had a drop.
I dont mind sweating, but in public it gets real embarrasing. People know me as "The Monster" cuz of the things i can do, but now i think "The Monster" is something I look like after an excercise. Sometimes i can just be walkin in 80 degree weather and i sweat all around my collar-bone.
It sucks when people (mostly girls) come up to you and want to see you play a sport, and then after, your a big blob of stinky sweat. My reputation is growing in the town im living in, so i have to prove that i am a good athlete. To make it more clear, when me and my friends excerise, sometimes they just stare at me and say "Damn, you sweat like triple mine!" People tell me i should see a doctor about this, but i would like to know what you guys think.
Please, i would really like to excercise in public without carrying a towel with me. :toilet:
Ha, I walked into the gym last night and one of the guys I know (that I havent seen in 2 years) asked if I just went running, before starting to work out. I genetically have more sweat glands than most people. I'm hot most of the time.
Once my buddy was sitting on the floor against the wall, I came and sat by him like a foot away and he says "holly shit, I can feel the heat coming off you". I'm like a walking heater. Plus, I have a high metabolism.

i sweat something serious its all about genetics for the most part my grandparents sweat and did sweat alot and so i mean i can walk outside and sweat....however i don't stink by other peoples standards, now my standards are different the slightest smell i get and think its me i hate it out in public like walking or haning out but in the gym and playing sports who cares...ain't that the point of sports? just cowboy up man and have no shame in your game...the more you sweat the more it makes it look like you bust your ass 110% of the time!

The only thing that bothered me was how much i sweat in public, i sweat more than the other guys. Some guys i play sports with are like in their mid 20's and i sweat far more then them. What bothered me was the football varsity coach, he said i sweat more than anyone on his team (we are-were-seniors) and he told me it would be a good idea to see a doc.

Bullshit, i sweat more then "normal" But me and a BB friend talked about this and it has to be something with the more muscle you carry the more you sweat?
When i do cardio it runs of me, only thing you can do is to get used to it.

Mudge said:

back_sweaty.jpg

Beat me to it, but MILDLY WARM? Try sitting around in class when it's 65 in the classroom and 45 outside, and sweating your balls off. Or today, I had to walk from one class to another, not even halfway across a very small campus (94 outside, not too hot really), started sweating, and by the time I finally stopped producing sweat 30 minutes later, I'd soaked thru a T-shirt, undershirt, and my shorts. Talk about embarrassing..........I don't even bother trying to wear khaki pants/shorts at ANY point in the year, no matter what season it is, b/c I sweat so bad, and I can only wear gray shirts (other than to workout) when it's freezing outside and I layer clothes, so that the layers soak it up before it shows thru.

Carter 15 said:
The only thing that bothered me was how much i sweat in public, i sweat more than the other guys. Some guys i play sports with are like in their mid 20's and i sweat far more then them. What bothered me was the football varsity coach, he said i sweat more than anyone on his team (we are-were-seniors) and he told me it would be a good idea to see a doc.

It's embarrassing, I know. I would just suggest drinking a shitload more water to keep yourself well hydrated, especially this time of year.

Vennom96 said:
I have the same exact problem. I don't give a shit if I sweat when working out or playing sports, thats completely normal. But I live in FL so it's extremely humid. I can just walk around, even at night, when then sun is down and I still get soaken shirts, it's gross. I get in my car, drive 15 min to work w/ the ac on, and I get out and my lower back is soaked.

Bro, I feel ya there. I'm soaked every day in the time it takes me to walk to my truck (15 feet down a flight of stairs) and turn the AC on in there. If any body has hyperhydrosis in this forum, it's gotta be me.

Carter 15 said:
No matter how much in shape i am, my sweating is uncontrollable.

That's because the sweat response increases in both speed of onset (how soon you start sweating) and output (how much you actually sweat) as an adaptation to heat and exercise. It's part of the whole heat acclimation process, and is considered a positive adaptation from a health standpoint, although not as much of one from a personal view, lol.

Back