If the pro BBs quit AS all together...

Powerhouse9

What size do you think Ronnie Coleman would be if he quit all AS and did a post cycle recovery cycle, then just trained naturally? Would he still be a freak after 2 years off, what do ya think he would look like?

Powerhouse9 said:
What size do you think Ronnie Coleman would be if he quit all AS and did a post cycle recovery cycle, then just trained naturally? Would he still be a freak after 2 years off, what do ya think he would look like?

Have you seen Tom Platz lately?

--dnb

None of them are that tall, they hover around 5'8" to 6'. And they are coming in at 260 or more. How much muscle do ya think they would lose? What do you think is the biggest thing they do to make that jump? At my best I've weighed 226lbs and wasn't close to cut. Just take obscene amounts of gear like 4,000g's a week. And how do they avoid the scar tissue when most don't ever come off? Anybody know the secrets of the pros?

here are some heights that I pulled out about a month ago for a friend. Indeed, not many top bb are over 6'. I should have got the weight of them. But you know, they are really heavy.

Darrem Charles 5'8"
Ron Coleman 5'11"
Chris Cormier 5'9"
Porter Cottrell 5'6"
Kevin Levrone 5'9"
Mike Matazzaro 5'10"
Tom Platz 5'8"
Lee Priest 5'4"
Shawn Ray 5'7"
Jay Cutler 5'9"
Milos Sarcev 5'11"
Nasser Elsonbaty 5'11"
Jean-Pierre Fux 5'11"
Craig Titus 5'9"
Flex Wheeler 5'9"
Dorian Yates 5'10"
Dexter Jackson 5'6"
Dennis James 5'8"
Frank Zane 5'9"
Don Youngblood 5'9"
Oleg Zhur 5'5"
Dany Padilla 5'2"
Gunter Schilerkamp 6'
Rolland Kickinger 6'4"
Arnold Schwarzenegger 6'2"

secret for scar tissue ? hard to say. use small needle, go in slowly, inject slowly, massage well the area, use all the possible sites, make go rotation, have somebody (like a nurse) that knows well how to do it and where to do it... they have to take care of themselves.

I put oil on specific spots on my body after my showers, so I can keep my skin hydrated and flexible, so I don't get stretch marks. I use also a skin lotion with E vitamin before going to bed. It helps a lot your skin. The pros must use some of those skin lotions too.

anyway, as long as i don't get as freaky as Paul Dillett, I should be alright.

I just saw Jay and Gunter guest pose together at the New England BB Championships. These guys are incredibly huge. Not just their bodies. Their whole structure, heads, hands, everything. Gunters hands are as big as three of mine. These guys would be huge men w/o aas. Maybe 50-60 lbs lighter, but still huge. Great genetics for size.

Paulie R said:
I just saw Jay and Gunter guest pose together at the New England BB Championships. These guys are incredibly huge. Not just their bodies. Their whole structure, heads, hands, everything. Gunters hands are as big as three of mine. These guys would be huge men w/o aas. Maybe 50-60 lbs lighter, but still huge. Great genetics for size.

That might be due to the growth. Yeah I just saw Jay and OMFG he is a freak of nature. yeah they would keep there size but not has vascularity and density.

Just look at Dorian Yates he was a freak, he's just a normal guy now, well his not what he used to be.

JohnnyB

Powerhouse9 said:
What size do you think Ronnie Coleman would be if he quit all AS and did a post cycle recovery cycle, then just trained naturally?

Post cycle recovery? LOL! I seriously doubt that people who have been on for as long as he has will ever fully recover no matter what they do. But in response to your question, I think that if AS were eliminated from bodybuilding, everyone would be 40-50 lbs lighter, and there would no longer be any white guys in the top 10.

No longer any white guys in the top 10? This is BB not boxing. How can you say there wouldn't be any white guys in the top 10?

fatchops said:
That might be due to the growth. Yeah I just saw Jay and OMFG he is a freak of nature. yeah they would keep there size but not has vascularity and density.

If you mean GH, I agree, I think that's what gives them such large hands and heads and what not.

And I don't think there would be any white guys ever NEAR the top ten if there where no gear in BBing PH9. All you need to do to know this is see a large group of young white and black men....a large portion of those black guys will be better developed (w/o serious training or gear) than most young white males after years of serious training and some cycling. Plus they just look better anyway, I think this is true of many the pros too, just think of dexter, flex, sergio, etc... Then think of some of the best white guys, dorian, jay, etc... I don't think they look anywhere near as good asthetically (but granted they're almost all getting pretty freaky by that stage).

BTW I hope no one takes offense to this, and this is not meant in any way to take away from any of the hard work and dedication of those black guys or any on this board. I just think that genetically they are much better suited to BBing and tend to have a better "look".

I hope that doesn't discourage any white newbies with competitive aspirations though, it just my 2 cents. I think bbing is just about improving yourself and doing the best with what your mom and dad gave ya.

I remember reading an article about football that stated black men have more muscle per lb of bodyweight when compared to white men. But they were not the best when it came to this stat, Somoans had the most muscle in regard to to percentage of bodyweight. The article was talking about an influx of somoan football players in the colleges out west.

Doc Banner said:
And I don't think there would be any white guys ever NEAR the top ten if there where no gear in BBing PH9. All you need to do to know this is see a large group of young white and black men....a large portion of those black guys will be better developed (w/o serious training or gear) than most young white males after years of serious training and some cycling. Plus they just look better anyway, I think this is true of many the pros too, just think of dexter, flex, sergio, etc... Then think of some of the best white guys, dorian, jay, etc... I don't think they look anywhere near as good asthetically (but granted they're almost all getting pretty freaky by that stage).

This is a difficult subject to discuss without appearing to be a racist. BUT, I work in a live music venue/bar, 300 capacity, and I observe people in groups every night. When we have a show that draws a black crowd, there are always a lot of really, really big guys there. Some are trained, some are ex-jocks, and many are just naturally huge. I just do not see that percentage of truly large individuals in white crowds.

For whatever reason, I refuse to speculate on the possible causes, the black American gene pool produces a disproportionate number of huge, strong, genetically-gifted men. On the other hand, I also see a lot of black men who are skinnier and scrawnier than any white guy.

--dnb

I agree with the last three posts. Please note that I am a white guy, so this is not a case of trying to pound my chest over my racial superiority. Also, the main reason black guys would do better in bodybuilding is not because there aren't any big white guys. Just look at the World's Strongest Man competition. Those guys are mostly white, and they are huge by any standard. So if you speak purely in terms of putting on mass, I don't think the blacks would have a huge edge over whites. The place where many blacks seem to have an advantage is when it comes to being huge with very low bodyfat. There are exceptions, but it seems that for the most part white guys are either huge or cut, but rarely do you see really big white guys that are natural and in addition to being huge have the cut look that comes from having naturally low bodyfat.

Mr. dB said:
This is a difficult subject to discuss without appearing to be a racist.

It was not racist at all I don't think, and I hope no one took it that way. Mearly an observation. I wish I had the genetics of most black guys.

African Americans that originated from a certain part of Africa have more fast twitch muscle fibers and lower levels of sub-q fat than white people do. Therefore, they have an advantage in building muscle and staying lean... thats a genetic fact gentleman... and if you think about it- it really seems to make sense.

bros , maybe its just the deep south but where i come from the big boys come in white or black , on my mothers side of the family ive got 13 male cousins and at anywhere from 250-300 im about 3rd smallest , redneck farm boys lol , i saw one of my cousins pull a 289 motor out of a mustang by hand and no i dont bullshit about feats of strength just look at my other post , we all grew up hauling hay , splitting wood and doing general hard work and we are all blessed/cursed with big appetites , i get tickled when i read about taking eq to help with appetite or guys complaining about not being able to eat enough , i can honestly say that if i didnt care about getting any bigger than i am i could take in 8000-10000 calories a day without force feeding myself , some of you bros who cant gain weight may hate me , but i dont like you either :D

Lift Chief said:
African Americans that originated from a certain part of Africa have more fast twitch muscle fibers and lower levels of sub-q fat than white people do. Therefore, they have an advantage in building muscle and staying lean... thats a genetic fact gentleman... and if you think about it- it really seems to make sense.

There were many studies done about this.

One conclusion that often came about why Afro-americans tend to have a bigger muscularity is because when they chosed slaves to import from Africa to America, they took the strongest ones. How did they know ? By looking at the black men that had the most muscles and the less fat. Then, they were making them working hard. Only the thoughest ones could survive. So they were the one who were reproducing. And so on. Over generations, they gathered a pool of genes with tremendous capacity when it comes to muscle building with a low fat.

Another study that has been done was about the swimmers. At the olympic games, you don't see many black people doing swimming competitions. Why ? They came to some conclusions:
1) The Afro-americans had too heavy muscles so they had more trouble in water.
2) The Africans don't have many pools where they could practice and train to become better, like the Australians.

My 0,02$ on that one.
my English teacher made us read many books about black people history... and as I just love jazz music (and wished to be a big black fat guy grooving behing his double-bass) I learned a lot of their history through their music... nyway ;)

DADAWG said:
bros , maybe its just the deep south but where i come from the big boys come in white or black , on my mothers side of the family ive got 13 male cousins and at anywhere from 250-300 im about 3rd smallest , redneck farm boys lol

Yeah, what is the deal with you redneck farm boys? A female friend of mine (who grew up on a farm) once told me that I have the body of a farmer. I was like WTF?! Then she explained that it was supposed to be a compliment.

xtinct said:
Yeah, what is the deal with you redneck farm boys? A female friend of mine (who grew up on a farm) once told me that I have the body of a farmer. I was like WTF?! Then she explained that it was supposed to be a compliment.
it is a compliment rednecks dont lift weights they lift vehicles and farm equipment:D

bassmanjp said:
There were many studies done about this.

One conclusion that often came about why Afro-americans tend to have a bigger muscularity is because when they chosed slaves to import from Africa to America, they took the strongest ones. How did they know ? By looking at the black men that had the most muscles and the less fat. Then, they were making them working hard. Only the thoughest ones could survive. So they were the one who were reproducing. And so on. Over generations, they gathered a pool of genes with tremendous capacity when it comes to muscle building with a low fat.

Another study that has been done was about the swimmers. At the olympic games, you don't see many black people doing swimming competitions. Why ? They came to some conclusions:
1) The Afro-americans had too heavy muscles so they had more trouble in water.
2) The Africans don't have many pools where they could practice and train to become better, like the Australians.

My 0,02$ on that one.
my English teacher made us read many books about black people history... and as I just love jazz music (and wished to be a big black fat guy grooving behing his double-bass) I learned a lot of their history through their music... nyway ;)

An evolutionary theory as you've suggested would take thousands of years... not a few hundred.

It simply has to do with genetics relating to the part of Africa where they originate from.

Back