Impressive Hairloss Products Site

Good post!I've read studies on azelaic acid that shows an almost 100% inhibition of 5AR (http://www.xandrox.com/azelaic.htm) but am not sure if in the scalp only.My concern is if I start my cycle while using this product,it somehow reduces my gains due to excessive DHT inhibition. Same with finasteride.

"100%" studies and real world results are very different...I've had no luck with it apart from red hot skin.

DocJ said:

I don't know of how much use the azelaic acid and green tea will be. Azelaic acid is one of those 'test tube' performers, but almost everyone I've talked to that've used it for an extended period of time didn't notice much in the way of results. I would also be leary of how effective topical finasteride would be.

Flutamide is an excellent anti-androgen however. Probably more effective than spironolactone (which I currently use). And minoxidil is what it is---most will notice atleast a small increase in overall thickness with dedicated use.

I would suggest giving the flutamide a go. That combined with an internal such as finasteride/dutasteride along with minoxidil would be just about all one could do to combat hair loss without resorting to surgical procedures.

Currently, I use topical spiro and minoxidil along with dutasteride 3x per week, and I must say that I am satisfied so far with the dutasteride (I've been using it almost six months and have not suffered the sexual sides that plagued me while using finasteride). My hair has stabilized and even thickened up a bit.

Good Luck

hehateme flutamide sounds like it has some nasty sides...if this was taken topicaly could you be sure the same sides wouldn't be exhibited ?

Lucky13 said:
hehateme flutamide sounds like it has some nasty sides...if this was taken topicaly could you be sure the same sides wouldn't be exhibited ?

Let me preface this by stating that I'm not a doctor or pharmacist.

But I don't believe the majority would have a problem with systematic absorbtion from using flutamide topically. I can't say this with 100% certainty, but from what I've gathered from doing my own research on hair loss sites, message boards, etc., most people seem to be 'in the clear', with a very few that've discontinued use do to supposed systematic sides. I surmise one would have to try it and be on the look out for possible side effects. But this holds true for every medication/drug that is consumed/applied.

you guys no whats really great for thinning hair? a product called toppik.
it makes your hair look thick again. i do a quick putty style, add the toppik, then use hairspray to hold it all down. it doesnt do well when you get it wet but other than that it looks great and stays on for over 24 hours. it looks so good even this chick cutting my hair couldnt tell i had it in.

http://www.folica.com/toppik.htm?s_cid=gg_kwd9261

Warmachine said:
you guys no whats really great for thinning hair? a product called toppik.
it makes your hair look thick again. i do a quick putty style, add the toppik, then use hairspray to hold it all down. it doesnt do well when you get it wet but other than that it looks great and stays on for over 24 hours. it looks so good even this chick cutting my hair couldnt tell i had it in.

http://www.folica.com/toppik.htm?s_cid=gg_kwd9261

I have tried DermMatch (another concealer) in the past and it worked frightenlingly well. LoL

I would only use a tiny bit after showering and comb it through thoroughly (I still have quite a bit of hair). I would be careful not to get any on my scalp. It thickened up the overall appearance of my hair.

I've tried not to use it much as of late, as I want to get an accurate assessment of where I am with my dutasteride treatment. But it is an excellent product for those who still have a good deal of hair and just want to thicken things up a bit.

HeHateMe said:
I have tried DermMatch (another concealer) in the past and it worked frightenlingly well. LoL

I would only use a tiny bit after showering and comb it through thoroughly (I still have quite a bit of hair). I would be careful not to get any on my scalp. It thickened up the overall appearance of my hair.

I've tried not to use it much as of late, as I want to get an accurate assessment of where I am with my dutasteride treatment. But it is an excellent product for those who still have a good deal of hair and just want to thicken things up a bit.

i fucking love it. i wont leave my house with out it in. it works so well all my buddies thought my hair grew back for real!
I told them that cocaine did it lol.

i use spiro and have been working on making my own spiro. I want to try to add duta or finastride to it but am still researching that. Ive heard from the mods on hairtalk.com that they noticed an improvment from it.

does any one know where i can get powdered or capsuled finastride.

also on dr lees website site he said flutamide is very powerfull but he doesnt sell it because its not aproved in america.

if some one can find out where to buy powder form or spiro, flutamide and or duta finastride then we can all just stir into into cetaphil cream and use a lot more for pennies. We might have to buy in bulk but if some one wants to mediate it they can get it for free.

Warmachine said:
i fucking love it. i wont leave my house with out it in. it works so well all my buddies thought my hair grew back for real!
I told them that cocaine did it lol.

LoL

As Rick James would say...

Cocaine is a helluva drug!

he hate me? can u show some some research on flutamide working topically? i read on hair loss talk .com that it only works systematically and that if it did work topically it would only be if enough was used that it was affecting you systematically.

i want to make my own spiro/ finastride or dutride topical combo? does any one have any research on topical finastride?

i heard that 3 to 6 capsules of dutastride in 60ml would be the ratio for topical dutastride and that octyl salicate at5%wich can be bought at lemelange.com will increase the absorbtion 10 times. all this info is on hairlosstalk and hairloss help.com. It should be put in cetaphile cream.

green tea extract is suppost to be tried and true also. I think i might just buy my spiro instead of trying to make it and then i just throw some duta and finastride in their. maybe with this octyl salicate shit. damn i hate this shit.

i need some help with the research im going nuts trying to figure this all out

Last edited:
doc cj i like that product. the only thing i dont like is the monoxidil because it causes shedding in some people and only grows back vellus hair what every those are. im sure u know that thou since u already use it. let me go research this monoxidil shit now lol.

Back