Injection site soreness

hughes

Just wondering if this is normal.Took my first shot of cyp/eq monday night, shot into right glute. Took all precautions and injection steps. Woke up monday night, right ass cheek swolen a bit around injection site and sore, no redness. Couldn't sit today right glute was so sore. Is this normal?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Yeah Bro it’s normal to have some soreness. Just rub the injection spot for a few minutes after injection to get the oil spread out. That always helped me. Now if it gets red and hot to the touch that’s different.

No redness or hot to the touch, just really sore and swollen. Could I have been too rough with the pin cause I can barely sit or bend over?

The best thing to do is move to a new area. Make sure that you are injecting into the Dorsogluteal muscle. If you are low on your injection this may cause pain as well. When you inject are you pulling back on the plunger to check for blood? If you inject into a blood vessel it will cause pain. Also note that if you don’t rub the area to help spread out the oil it can cause pain.

The next time you inject do the following:

You should always use a 22 or 23g 1.5 inch needle. At least this is what I have always used.

Clean the area
Inject the needle all the way in with one motion
Pull back on the plunger to check for blood
If no blood squeeze the plunger slowly until all is administered
Pull out the needle in one motion
Wipe the area again with alcohol pad
Rub the area with your fingers for two to three minutes

This is kind of the standard for an injection of an oil based supplement. Hope this helps Bro. No matter where you inject just make sure you follow these simple steps.

Thanks for the tips guys. Pain is going away slowly but I have a hard sore swollen lump where I injected, any opinions on what and how to get rid of this?

Back