Injection sites

90lb_wuss

Alright...I'm tired of poking myself in the butt. It's getting old and 1.5in needles (by recommendation of the pharmacist and endo) don't feel all that great either.

Right now I'm using 23ga, 1.5inch needles in the glute. I don't really like it.

Taking suggestions for new injection sites and needle sizes to go along with them.

I use 1.5 25g in the ass and legs but if your not very fat you can use 1"

here is a site to help you with different injection spots...

spotinjections.com

Alright...I'm tired of poking myself in the butt. It's getting old and 1.5in needles (by recommendation of the pharmacist and endo) don't feel all that great either.

Right now I'm using 23ga, 1.5inch needles in the glute. I don't really like it.

Taking suggestions for new injection sites and needle sizes to go along with them.

You really don't need to go deeper than 1inch, especially if you're skinny. You don't need the ass either, I always hit a vein going in.

I'd recommend the chest, just try it. It's never painful and you don't have to go deep. I usually shoot with half inch 28G insulin needle, and if I need to go deeper I just press in.

that's the other reason I'm tired of the glutes. I always seem to hit a deep tissue vein and bleed all over the place.

You really don't need to go deeper than 1inch, especially if you're skinny. You don't need the ass either, I always hit a vein going in.

I'd recommend the chest, just try it. It's never painful and you don't have to go deep. I usually shoot with half inch 28G insulin needle, and if I need to go deeper I just press in.

you guys are doing something wrong then. There shouldnt be any veins where you inject in your ass....only venules and capillaries which there is a dam good chance you wont hit.

yeah... idk how ur hitting veins.. you can feel the needle slipping thru the different layers all the way until the muscle... at least I do it is easier for me just to slip it in slowly then jab myself. You feel a lot more pain if you nick or hit a vein. everyone says to aspirate all the time which I do but there isnt veins running thru your muscle is there???

yeah... idk how ur hitting veins.. you can feel the needle slipping thru the different layers all the way until the muscle... at least I do it is easier for me just to slip it in slowly then jab myself. You feel a lot more pain if you nick or hit a vein. everyone says to aspirate all the time which I do but there isnt veins running thru your muscle is there???

you wont feel any pain if you hit a vein....you will if you hit a nerve.

Yes there are vessels that run throughout your muscles...how do you think they get oxygen and nutrients delivered? They are not usually viens though...more like capillaries and venules...which are small but hitable

agree with other posters..

Use 23-25g one inch needle.
1.5 inch needles are too long unless your really fat.
Pinch up skin/muscle with one hand while holding syringe in the other hand like a pencil. Then place needle (hub it out) like a dart as fast as you can. Release (or not) the other hand that's pinching up on the skin. Aspirate and then inject (stop injecting and rest, or slow your injection speed down if it is hurting).

The ONLY places I inject are lateral thigh (extend you leg to know where the lateral muscle is) or my upper outer quadrant of the butt. The only nerve you can hit in the lateral part of thigh (lat femoral cutaneous nerve) is not that impt and you can pull out and move if you get strong fasciculation (leg jumps). ALWAYS relax the muscle you are injecting. just some 2c.

Last edited:
idk...just my expereince.... when going thru a veins you def feel it. ...little pain while penetrating and as long as its a freshie i personally feel nothing until i hit a vein. nerves seems like you would hit a nerve every time right?.idk Because these guages are almost the same size as a vein you dont feel any type of "pop" tho like if you were using a larger guage.

cap and venules def but isnt that why u look at a diagram? like say ur doing your quad so u do a hand up from knee and down from hip.... I cant find any diagrams or anything but thats kinda why i thought you did that

Back