Injury on cycle.

spiderpig

I'm not a bodybuilder!
Was in the gym yesterday 2 of my mates started, all is they kept going on about was curling, they wanted to know what i could curl for 1, anyway me being the idiot I was tried do do a 1 rep max curl, witch strained my arms so bad that i was in serious pain. The morning after (today) Just went the gym and hit the bench press everything was fine while warming up till i put my weight on what i usually do for 12 reps i got to about the 3rd rep and BOOM the pain has come back so i left the gym pissed off, Now im sat at home and they are still hurting right now, its pain on the inside of my arms just in between the bicep and the forearm on the joint. Even if i cough the pain throbs even worse? What could it be?

What I want to know is has anyone on here had this pain before?
Should i go see a doc?
Should I just take a week off?

At least see a doc bro, and see what they say. Maybe a week off wouldnt be a bad idea. I know that has to suck though. Get yourself better so you can keep growing!

i had a similar pain in my elbow joint from curls and playing guitar i believe. I was told it was tendonitis, not 100% if it was or not but it took almost a year to be able to do heavy curls again. I had to go light on curls and also had to go time without doing them. Hopefully its not serious bro

its probably just a strain bro. theres a reason why your not supposed to max out on single joint exercises like curls. only acceptable exercises to max-out are compound exercises like bench, squat, and deadlift as they are multi joint multi muscle exercises so they strain is evenly spread out among them. what you did placed all the strain on the biceps tendon most likely.

also remember that while AAS increase muscles strength dramactically often the tendons and ligaments can't catch up because it increases so quick. therefore your muscles might be able to handle the weight, but connective tissues can't and strains/tears often are the result. all that being said rest it and ice if its swelling and hopefully it gets better in a week or so

I had the exact same thing. Curl with 70lbs on each arm. Pulled something in my front elbow or lower bicep. That was a month ago.
Now I only do 40 or 45 on hammer curls. Its some better, but I can still feel it so I go light.

There is just a small ligament that attaches the bicep to the humorous, they have been known to tear or even detach. you would know if it detached because the muscle would contract and look all weird, rest dude and dont do that again.......................if the tear is severe enough it will always haunt you until you have surgery to repair it lets hope it just a bad strain

The weird thing is guys is i was not curling today, but i was bench pressing, and it come back quite bad, not as bad as yesterday but it was bad enough to not train anymore, I can live with not curling I'm not a big fan or training arms anyway.

I'm in no pain now to go see a doc, but for 6 days now i will use ice and ibuprofen as they are an inflammatory, hopefulls popping a few of them a day and ice will help me recover faster.

Still I'm depressed I can't train! I just started a new gym as well and I'm loving it!

There is just a small ligament that attaches the bicep to the humorous, they have been known to tear or even detach. you would know if it detached because the muscle would contract and look all weird, rest dude and dont do that again.......................if the tear is severe enough it will always haunt you until you have surgery to repair it lets hope it just a bad strain

If it was serious would i be in pain all the time?

If it was serious would i be in pain all the time?

Not necessarily, if it's a strained tendon then you may only feel pain when it is put under stress or within a certain range of motion. Best thing to do would be R.I.C.E or rest, ice, compression and elevation. IMO go lighter, maybe some supersets with like 65-75% on compound exercises until it heals. Stay away from curls and DB flys for a while.

it hurts when you bench because even though the biceps aren't a main pusher they help stabilize your upper arm while the triceps are working. thats why you need some time off to let it heal otherwise you can do more damage

it hurts when you bench because even though the biceps aren't a main pusher they help stabilize your upper arm while the triceps are working. thats why you need some time off to let it heal otherwise you can do more damage

how long should i take off?

exactly man, ive had this happen to my bicep too , i belive its just a strain , or injurt to the tendon , DEFINETLY take some time off and dont get near biceps for a while , the more u pay with it , the worse it will probably get and be non reversible , take longer to heal , id recommend staying off biceps to be safe for 2 weeks , then see how they feel in that long

id say even a torn muscle from working out takes 4 days to heal , and even then maybe not properly when not on gear , if its an injury id give it minimum a week and a half , be safe , ur not going to lose muscel in a week and a half just stayin off bi's only

I would start with a week off. See how you feel. After 1 week you will know if its serious or not. You might have to take 2 weeks off or you might have to see the doc, you'll know after 1 week off what you need to do.

You should only max out on compound movements. Isolation movements target smaller muscles that support compound movements. When you show off you get hurt but I'm sure you realize that now :D

Back