Insomnia on test cycle!!!

I have always had problems with sleep. Since I was a young child till now, I rarely ever got more than 5-6 Hours of sleep on a regular basis. Usualy only when I had growth spurts I would sleep past 8 hrs.
As I got into my teens I usually got 6 hours. I tried otc stuff, melatonin, benadryl, etc and it worked for about a month.

I decided to try a sleeping pill when I was about 18. (Lunesta, or Trazodone) It worked great. Only sides were dry mouth, and a little tired in the morning till it wears off. It lingers for 15 mins until I am fully awake in mornings.

I have been taking the sleeping pill for many years now and I can say I am glad I did it. Sure it sucks having to depend on a pill to sleep good, but at least I'm getting a full night's sleep and have energy all day every day never tired. My mood is better also because I am not groggy and irritable from lack of sleep. I wake up every day from a good night's sleep.

When I Did dbol and test, I was sleeping 10 hours a night whole cycle. It was amazing, I could actually lower my sleeping pill dose and still get a full nights sleep.

I can still sleep without the pill, but without it I usually get 3-5 hours of sleep instead of a full 7-9. I am okay with that. Still glad I decided to take a sleeping pill. Nothing wrong with letting medicine help you sleep, especially if your body naturally fights sleep like mine does.

If you are concerned, you could get some bloodwork done to check thyroid and tsh and see if anything is off. For me I have hyperthyroid, so part of my insomnia is due to Having that. I choose to not get my thyroid removed because it's pretty close to normal, but my TSH is very low.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. I honestly don't want a pill to go to sleep so I have switched my sleeping schedule sleeping 3-5 hours at night and 3-5 hours again during the day. I honestly have nothing to worry about or stress so I know it is the test because I got sleep problems immedietly when I started my dbol as well. It's worth the gain so I'm sure I'll be sleeping like a baby on pct!

brother, I've been a shitty sleeper my whole life. I don't ever recall, no bullshit, ever sleeping through a full night. I'm up at least a couple of times a night to piss, and a lot of times I get into a feeding frenzy while I'm up. tren really fcked me up sleep wise, but teste also has an effect, as does D-Bol, no question. melatonin does shit for me, nytol calms me down in the evening from the agitation and rage from the gear, but I even have a script called zoplicone and it helps me get to sleep for a couple hours before I'm up and around. I have just accepted the partial insomnia. good luck man. I find I almost have to literally shut down my whole activity fairly early in the evening, which helps somewhat.by the way, I'm as far from a hyperactive or busy bee as you can get except at night obviously....lol

I'm NOT alone! Sounds like my dilemma from birth. Try Tylenol PM 1 hr before bedtime. Helps a little once in awhile.

Ironically, juice helps ME sleep 10x better cause I'm so fucking pumped my brain gives up.

Poor sleep is hard to overcome....xanni will help if it's your mind running wild all night, lunestra otherwise. IMO a few nights of really good sleep helps offset the nights w/o sleep. You might try one of these a few nights a week.

I'm on trazadone 50mg for sleep. Sleep like a baby. On tren some nights I would have to take 100mg trazadone and 2 benadryl, with that I sleep well. A good natural option would be Need to Sleep. I hear good things about the deep sleep inducing peptide but have not tried yet as my sleep is controlled with the trazadone.

Back