Insulin - Trouble keeping BG Levels high enough

Lucky13

Cycle, test, HGH
I've been on insulin now for a few weeks but I'm having difficulty going above 4IU due to my blood glucose levels dropping too fast after an hour.

Presently I'm injecting 4IU Humalog post workout
I'm drinking a post workout shake immediately of 40g Dextrose/50g Whey/4g BCAA/5g Taurine/5g Creatine
30 minutes later 100g White rice 200g chicken

At the 1hr mark I take my BG levels and they are dropping fast to 4.4 and dropping 1mmol every 10minutes so at 1hr10 I'm at around 3.4 which is not good!!! I always have on hand an emergency 50g of dextrose water 10g/100ml and always glucose tablets..

To bring my levels back up I'm forced to sip on my emergency dextrose supply, where things quickly jump back up to 6mmol and above...

If I stick to 3IU, things are fine, I'm not sure what I'm doing that is different to others as I've done a lot of research on this topic and this seems to be a fairly well established process...10g simple sugars per 1IU Insulin followed by real food within the hour.

humalogs profile shows it peeks at the 1-2hr I'd say that's pretty accurate and looks like my white rice isn't able to release its carbs quickly enough, but why...it seems to work for everyone else!!

Not sure how people get to 10iu I'd be long gone before I could reach this and am glad I started low and have a b/g meter!

Any advice appreciated

Last edited:
Im at 7g/iu and doing 20iu post workout. So it can be done safely at alot less cabs... Its a personal thing though. I completely hate humalog I had some of the same issues, my BG was up and down no matter how I ate. I switched to novorapid (same as humilin R) changed my carb consumption timings to correlate with the 5 hour window and have never had an issue again.

You could always try eating your meal with half the carbs then another meal 45mins after that with the remaining carbs.

Last edited:
Works well with AAS and proper nutrition as well. I know many people who do not use hgh but run slin on cycle. It gives you a great boost in nutrient shuttling when used along side of AAS.

how do you reduce the bloat/fat gain from slin? got any good links?

I'm currently taking it with HGH, Test and Clen..I've been as strict as I can diet wise without risking going hypo.. after two weeks i'm still shifting a small amount of abdominal fat but I put this down to the Clen..bear in mind i'm only up to around 4IU so at 10IU it may be harder to fight of the fat

Im at 7g/iu and doing 20iu post workout. So it can be done safely at alot less cabs... Its a personal thing though. I completely hate humalog I had some of the same issues, my BG was up and down no matter how I ate. I switched to novorapid (same as humilin R) changed my carb consumption timings to correlate with the 5 hour window and have never had an issue again.

You could always try eating your meal with half the carbs then another meal 45mins after that with the remaining carbs.

Thanks I bear that in mind I'll keep trying ( for now ) with the Humalog for a bit longer, Insulin in the UK is not easy to get hold of, took me a while just to get the Humalog let alone novarapid ...Did you get any dizzyness or headaches on the Humalog ?

Are you sure it was Nova Rapid as Humalin R is different

Also called Short-acting insulins
Soluble insulin; Hypurin® Bovine Neutral, Hypurin® Porcine Neutral, Actrapid®, Humulin S®, Insuman Rapid®
Insulin aspart; NovoRapid®
Insulin glulisine; Apidra®
Insulin lispro; Humalog®

Everyone is different on the g/iu ratio i'm a type 1 diabetic so use a lot of slin, i would suggest snacking on clean things like raisins etc throughout the duration the insulin is working also rest my friend rest as being active during the insulins work time dramatically increases its work rate, also there are much better slins out there than humulog the apidra is a much better choice as it is fully synthetic and is strict on its work time - starts to act in 5 mins of injection peaks at 1-2 hrs same as most rapids but will be completely gone at the 3 hr mark, i myself use this insulin and my younger brother who is not diabetic uses this for gains and he swears by it he has got up to 24iu a jab without hitch although he is right on the limit as if he uses 26iu he starts with symptoms of hypoglycemia also send me a message if ya got any questions

Last edited:

gahhh you may want to slow down on offering to mail stuff.. i realize slin is legal, but id guard yourself and just wait till you have 50post count and possibly talk in private message in the future.. don't want to see anyone get banned for somethin like this

Last edited:
gahhh you may want to slow down on offering to mail stuff.. i realize slin is legal, but id guard yourself and just wait till you have 50post count and possibly talk in private message in the future.. don't want to see anyone get banned for somethin like this

ooops my bad on my part tried to pm wont let me for some reason and dont see why other than post count and rating....i dont wanna be banned either

how do you reduce the bloat/fat gain from slin? got any good links?

insulin injections cause fatty deposits around the site, so if your injecting lower abdomen/stomach then fatty deposits will be more apparent there than the normal fat gains through the use of slin i suggest the upper thigh or backside for slin, the thigh has a massive area to go around and as its the upper thigh fatty deposits will be minimal due to the injection, give it a try and if possible stay away from lower abdomen/stomach insulin use

Are you sure it was Nova Rapid as Humalin R is different

Also called Short-acting insulins
Soluble insulin; Hypurin® Bovine Neutral, Hypurin® Porcine Neutral, Actrapid®, Humulin S®, Insuman Rapid®
Insulin aspart; NovoRapid®
Insulin glulisine; Apidra®
Insulin lispro; Humalog®

What I meant is Novorapid is the same as Humilin R in absorption times its just made by novonordisk instead of lilly.
This is taken right from the manufacturer site

4. How quickly is NovoRapid® absorbed?
NovoRapid® works fast (10-20 minutes) when injected
under your skin (subcutaneously), and exerts its maximum
effect between 1 and 3 hours. Its effect lasts for approximately
5 hours. NovoRapid® may act more quickly if the insulin is
injected in your abdomen. However, injections may also
be given in your thigh, upper arm or buttock.

http://www.novonordisk.ca/pdf_files/NovoRapid-QA-Eng.pdf

What I meant is Novorapid is the same as Humilin R in absorption times its just made by novonordisk instead of lilly.
This is taken right from the manufacturer site

4. How quickly is NovoRapid® absorbed?
NovoRapid® works fast (10-20 minutes) when injected
under your skin (subcutaneously), and exerts its maximum
effect between 1 and 3 hours. Its effect lasts for approximately
5 hours. NovoRapid® may act more quickly if the insulin is
injected in your abdomen. However, injections may also
be given in your thigh, upper arm or buttock.

http://www.novonordisk.ca/pdf_files/NovoRapid-QA-Eng.pdf

Cool gotya, just sourced some Nova Rapid...I tried for a few more days but ended up going hypo twice more...coudn't think straight world was clouding over not a nice experience and to top it off extremely dizzy and bad headaches the next morning...stuff is nasty, the kick at 1-2 hrs is so strong even with me checking BG levels on the meter every 20mins I was getting caught out, even the smallest amount of physical excursion like walking to the toilet threw my BG levels straight down by a few mmol.

I may try again and try graising sugars like raisins mentioned above for the whole 1hr duration between 1hrs and 2hrs but not putting on the pudge is going to be hard!

Cheers for all the advice

Cool gotya, just sourced some Nova Rapid...I tried for a few more days but ended up going hypo twice more...coudn't think straight world was clouding over not a nice experience and to top it off extremely dizzy and bad headaches the next morning...stuff is nasty, the kick at 1-2 hrs is so strong even with me checking BG levels on the meter every 20mins I was getting caught out, even the smallest amount of physical excursion like walking to the toilet threw my BG levels straight down by a few mmol.

I may try again and try graising sugars like raisins mentioned above for the whole 1hr duration between 1hrs and 2hrs but not putting on the pudge is going to be hard!

Cheers for all the advice

If ya go with Novorapid or humilin R shoot me an email and I can tell ya how I do it for timings and the foods I use etc..

u guys scare the crap out of me with that.....

can either of you tell me what kind of gains you have noticed from throwing in slin the mix

u guys scare the crap out of me with that.....

can either of you tell me what kind of gains you have noticed from throwing in slin the mix

personally i do not see the gains and thats simply coz i use it daily for every single meal coz im diabetic im on 8 meals including snacks so that 8 jabs then need 2 more besides of long acting as a baseline, i can tell you though my brother had a gain of 17lbs in a 6 week cycle of slin 6 weeks post AAS cycle to make sure he was clean of gear before he started so gains could be seen by insulin use with no other factors involved, he did this purely to see if it actually worked and 17lbs in 6 weeks - yep that worked!

Back