Is this a bad idea?? What would happen?

goingtowin

So if you followed previous posts.. i'm off steroids for good. I'm on TRT and won't touch another cycle..

So now that i'm off steroids here is my goal..

I want big arms.. I naturally have a chest and traps/back i'm very torso dominant

No i'm not huge but I like the way my torso is and I like the "athletic" look a lot more than the bodybuilder look. + it's a lot more achievable naturally

I've been thinking of only doing strength training for back/chest (bench/deads/overhead press.. maybe 3 reps with high weights) and doing nice heavy isolation exercises for arms. I want my torso to stay around the size it is and get 16/17 inch arms. I am 6'2 and lost a lot of weight coming off.

Do you think going on a 3x5 type program and frequent arm training would be my best route? Keep my goals in mind I just want to look athletic and lean with decent arms.. I don't want a blocky look.

I'm confused... Are you on TRT or are you off steroids for good. They dont really mix lol...

Any training program that is static will be bad in the long run.

off cycles* I just care about arm grwth

If you want your Arms to Grow.

Then you need to Prioritize them, simple as that.
Do them on a day that you do Back.

Or if you do Push/Pull Splits, then Shoulders and Arms.

I would do them 1 Day a week with one of the above.
Then 1 Day a week with Triceps..................................... JP

I'm a tall guy and honestly for years I didn't train arms. A lot of people would ask what I do for arms and I would say "nothing" lol.
I do a lot of pullups with different grips and dips. I never did any curls but would do a couple sets of triceps here and there. Lots of compound moves. I still don't train arms lol

I'm a tall guy and honestly for years I didn't train arms. A lot of people would ask what I do for arms and I would say "nothing" lol.
I do a lot of pullups with different grips and dips. I never did any curls but would do a couple sets of triceps here and there. Lots of compound moves. I still don't train arms lol
I suspect you have good genes too, so that helps. and i love pull up with diferent grips, as it also gets my back muscles looking right.

So if you followed previous posts.. i'm off steroids for good. I'm on TRT and won't touch another cycle..

So now that i'm off steroids here is my goal..

I want big arms.. I naturally have a chest and traps/back i'm very torso dominant

No i'm not huge but I like the way my torso is and I like the "athletic" look a lot more than the bodybuilder look. + it's a lot more achievable naturally

I've been thinking of only doing strength training for back/chest (bench/deads/overhead press.. maybe 3 reps with high weights) and doing nice heavy isolation exercises for arms. I want my torso to stay around the size it is and get 16/17 inch arms. I am 6'2 and lost a lot of weight coming off.

Do you think going on a 3x5 type program and frequent arm training would be my best route? Keep my goals in mind I just want to look athletic and lean with decent arms.. I don't want a blocky look.

are you able to upload pics of your arms?

Last edited:
Try Rich Pianas arm routine. Do three sets of 100 reps with light weight right before bed. Super set between hammer curls and skull crushers. Burns out both the biceps and triceps every day. Lol. He claimed it flooded the muscles with blood and nutrients every day right before sleep......encouraging healing and growth. Says he did it for a year straight. Some people swear it works.

Personally I would do biceps light on back day, triceps light on chest day, then have a heavy day for just the bi and tri. This gets the arms working harder and more often than the other body parts.

As stated above......have you tried anything yet or have you found anything that you want to try?

Try Rich Pianas arm routine. Do three sets of 100 reps with light weight right before bed. Super set between hammer curls and skull crushers. Burns out both the biceps and triceps every day. Lol. He claimed it flooded the muscles with blood and nutrients every day right before sleep......encouraging healing and growth. Says he did it for a year straight. Some people swear it works.

Personally I would do biceps light on back day, triceps light on chest day, then have a heavy day for just the bi and tri. This gets the arms working harder and more often than the other body parts.

As stated above......have you tried anything yet or have you found anything that you want to try?

Rich was so full of drugs anything he did would work.

Been giving th is a go for the last week and its working out well and giving me more def. thanks!

Been giving th is a go for the last week and its working out well and giving me more def. thanks!

I'm about to start it up again. It works.....not sure why and I guess it doesnt matter why :) If you watch his video about it he explains his theory. Hes crazy as hell but it works so I like to do it periodically. I really need to stick with it......even when dedication is lacking.

Back