Is this THE best way to do TRT?

stolpioni

Hi,

I am 90% sure I will go on TRT in 3 weeks from now, all depending on my next blood test.
Anyway, after reading here for many months my thinking is that I will do the following protocol:

Lets say I get 200mg's of test/week, I will split it up by 7 (28mg) and do one subcutaneous injection
at the same time every day of the week.

Wouldn't this be the best way to do TRT?

From what I've managed to learn, doing small but frequent doses minimizes the peaks and the valleys,
which means that a.) I'm gonna feel more stable and b.) because my testosterone won't go beyond 1000ug/dl,
I might not need an AI?

Would there be any better ways to do it?

I also like the thought of only having to do subcutaneous injections, and not intramuscular.

Some thoughts:

200 mg per week is quite a bit and you can't predict what your T or E2 levels will be. It varies from man to man.

Pinning daily is going to get old over the long run, and isn't necessary to get stable levels with an ester like cypionate. Twice weekly will also give you pretty stable levels too. Aside from that, not even everyone agrees that perfectly stable levels are best.

You can use small insulin needles for IM injections of TRT amounts too, there isn't that much difference.

Try your protocol, but realize that there is no single "best" approach, you need to find what works best for you by trial and error and of course blood testing.

That's way too high a dose to start on. 100 a week, split every other day, puts me at over 900. When I first started TRT, I did 140 a week, EOD, with twice week HCG 250iu. My TT climbed to 1400 quickly. Not sure how to can state, with what seems to be alot of confidence, that you won't go over 1000 and/or need an AI. Virtually everyone here who does 200 a week, and knows what they are doing, needs an AI. Plus those who do 200, generally started much lower, and worked up to that just to be on the same playing field as those of us who user a lower dose.

Most people think my every other day injection schedule is excessive...

Might be the best regimen for someone out there, but likely not you... at least not to start.

-Jim

Last edited:
I inject insulin 5-6 times a day, subq injects every day for the rest of your life gets old - fast. Oh, and ug/dL is 1000x over the max limit as micro is a millionth, and nano is a billionth of a gram. Just wanted to clarify that for you, even though we all knew what you meant. :)

Hi,

I am 90% sure I will go on TRT in 3 weeks from now, all depending on my next blood test.
Anyway, after reading here for many months my thinking is that I will do the following protocol:

Lets say I get 200mg's of test/week, I will split it up by 7 (28mg) and do one subcutaneous injection
at the same time every day of the week.

Wouldn't this be the best way to do TRT?

From what I've managed to learn, doing small but frequent doses minimizes the peaks and the valleys,
which means that a.) I'm gonna feel more stable and b.) because my testosterone won't go beyond 1000ug/dl,
I might not need an AI?

Would there be any better ways to do it?

I also like the thought of only having to do subcutaneous injections, and not intramuscular.

you want to inject test ED?... im guessing this is prop?.. seems excessive in terms of injection frequency.

I just thought I'd try sub-q every day since apparently it could get to be a lot of liquid to inject at one time, if doing it every other day?

But if not, I'd do it every other day of course.

you want to inject test ED?... im guessing this is prop?.. seems excessive in terms of injection frequency.

Well, you know it's time for me to jump in with my prop TRT testimony. Seriously, best I ever felt. It was less than 100mg of prop a week, nightly injections sub-q to try to mimic the natural spike that occurs overnight with natural production.

I felt fantastic! And my labs showed my T was withing a few percent of what it was on a similar does of cypionate (more cyp actually, but equivalent after subtracting ester weight) and my E2 was in range without any AI even though my total T was around 1100 with a top lab range of about 1200.

I miss that stuff! Only problem was something in the compounded pharma source t-prop just oozed out my pores and stunk. Off the chart libido and erection quality was great until my wife noticed that I constantly exuded this nasty odor. So back to T-cyp it was. :(

If you're using cypionate or enanthate, no need for daily shots. I've done anything from every other day to every 5 days and don't see any difference.

With 200mg/ml cypionate, you only need a ml a week for 200mg which is a lot actually. It's more likely that 100mg a week will take you to upper range, and that's just .5ml of oil. For comparison a tablespoon is 15ml. A teaspoon is 5ml! So at 100mg a week, you'll be doing a tenth of a teaspoon per week! It's a TINY amount!

Last comment is that if you do two or more shots a week, get some .3cc 5/16" length insulin syringes. The tiny needle makes sub-q piece of cake, and the small diameter barrely lets you draw and inject more easily than the larger barrel syringes. Fluid dynamics, hydraulics, etc. Bottom line, I suggest the smallest syringe you can get that lets you take your shot. Taking .25ml shots on a 1ml syringe is not as easy as .25ml shots on a .3ml syringe.

For the perfect all-around sub-q syringe for up to .5ml at a time, google BD 305536. It's like a bigger insulin syringe.

Back