Is Wrist Size Indicative Of Bi/tri Potential?

your inhibition to increase bicep size might be due to the workouts you are implementing. you may also have a problem with proper form. what does your routine and diet look like?

Start with barbell curls 3-4 sets 8-10 reps everytime and rotate these others;
Preacher curl 3-4 /8-10
concentration curls 3-4/8-10
hammers 3-4/8-10
and various cable machine curls.
I'm thinking about going with blood volume training with high rep low rest intervals ala' Craig Titus to see if they respond.

Can't remember the wrist circumference but probably 2.5" diameter.

Diet- 3-4000 cal day, 1.5-2g's protein per kilo daily (155lbs)

Last edited:
Hm.. bicep routine looks solid. Generally you want 1-1.5g of protein/lb of bodyweight, seems like you have that down. You generally also want 2.0g carbs/lb of bodyweight per day as well. If the problem is with catabolism, you may want to consider drinking a protein shake post-workout. Sleep is very important since this is when your muscles repair, mostly, are you getting a good 8 hours each night?
You could also do 3 sets, with more weight rather than trying to hit on that 4th set. By end of 3rd set you should definitely be at complete failure. Also, you can do wrist-curls to try and bulk up those fore-arms and wrists, seated-rows are also nice for this and upper back :p

What do you mean by wrists? Forearms or actual wrists? Doing wrist/forearm curls and reverse wrist curls are gonna build your forearms, which will help your bicep curls and most upper body exercises. If you mean your actual wrists, then theres nothing you can do bout that. Try using some straps. Whatever size your wrists are shouldnt stop you getting big arms. You may be using too much weight and just throwing it up. Try doing the same reps and weight your using now, but a lot slower and more control. Lock all your body up so all you use is your bi's. (stand with your back against a wall) If you dont make it, drop the weight.

All in the food, I went from 5'11 130lbs in 10th grade to 195 and 17"+ arms. Took a long while off and dropped to 175 but still 12%bf and 15"+ arms. I use real heavy weight in some exercises and others I just concentrate so hard with light weight that it feels my arms will explode. If your eatin right and using good form they will grow. Too many guys go in there swingin weight around and usin way too much back.

or anti-pyschotics apparently :p.. Just kidding. I'll have to agree with my first instinct and another post, something may be flawed in your diet and form. Never swing weights around, never sacrifice speed for proper form, always get the form right, every time.

37. Used the same routine several years, strict form and focused. And yes my arms are my only slow parts.Also I do lots of wrist curls with b-bell & d-bell.

KOLAKING said:
Start with barbell curls 3-4 sets 8-10 reps everytime and rotate these others;
Preacher curl 3-4 /8-10
concentration curls 3-4/8-10
hammers 3-4/8-10
and various cable machine curls.

Your over-training your biceps bro. Don't forget you train back as well. UR bi's get a lot of work with back. I would do barbell curls and pick two more exercises for 2 sets of 8. I believe you have way too much work in there. I have great arms and I don't train them hardly at all compared to the volume you have here!

Also remember arm size is base more on triceps instead of biceps. A huge misconception for most people. If you want bigger arms pay closer attention to the tris!

Back