jcp2 and pb

S

Skarhead1

or anyone that might know this

I think using wrist wraps have weakened my wrists. Ive been doing some conditioning work doing oly lifts and my wrists are just straight up pussified cause they hurt even with 135 on the bar. anything i can do to make them strong?

More like tendons I guess. nothing muscle related at all

How long have you had the pain?

Did it only start once you got rid of the wrist wraps?

If you think it is due to irritation I would take some ibuprofin and take it easy for a couple days.

Its only when I do the lifts, and then mayve 5 minutes after that --there is no pain anymore.

I just use wrist wraps for squatting and benching and i my wrists just dont know what its like to be bent at all anymore i guess

why would you use wrist straps for squatting???

Yes, using wrist straps will ruin your wrist strengh, I can attest to that. I now try use them as little as possible and am working on bringing the strength back up.

outlawtas2 said:
why would you use wrist straps for squatting???

Yes, using wrist straps will ruin your wrist strengh, I can attest to that. I now try use them as little as possible and am working on bringing the strength back up.
i know lots of guys who use them squatting and deadlifting . that being said they are used very similiarly to bench shirts,squat suits etc. , in other words when things get HEAVY . squatting is a joint killer and its just as rough on the upper body as the lower , especially the shoulders .

as for the original post about the wrist , i suggest you experiment with moveing the hands wider or going thumbless or even maybe both when squatting and remember keep the elbows more down than back .

Also stop wearing the wraps except when you need them. I am not too sure about actually strengthening the wrists, I am not sure what you can do. I do know i have the same kind of issues. I never wore them ever until i started powerlifting, and now i won't even attempt any heavy lifting without them. That being said Skar, i don't wear them for squatting, or deadlifting.

I'm going to have to say that if your wrists hurt with 135 on the bar thereis a more significant problme there and wrist wraps aren't the answer.

I dont use them dead lifting at all. this whole week im just conditioniong doing oly lifts before I go back to regular training. My plan is to not wear wrist wraps until heavy squatting or benching (i dont use them deading either) and see how that goes. i might be able to get away with it benching but i put the bar as low as possible with my squats it really bends my wrists back. but i will try goig thumbless and see what that does too. thnx for help

I have seen some people hold the squat bar with it in between the four fingers. Kind of lodge the bar in the middle of your two middle fingers. OLY lifts are going to bother your wrists more than anything i would think.

skarhead1 said:
I dont use them dead lifting at all. this whole week im just conditioniong doing oly lifts before I go back to regular training. My plan is to not wear wrist wraps until heavy squatting or benching (i dont use them deading either) and see how that goes. i might be able to get away with it benching but i put the bar as low as possible with my squats it really bends my wrists back. but i will try goig thumbless and see what that does too. thnx for help
thumbless really helps me , i cant squat any other way , i hold the bar as wide as the squat rack will let me as well [ im wide anyway ] holding the bar to close to the body can cause trouble for some people as well .

Back