Kickboxing/K-1/Muay Thai FAQ

i used to ride bmx as a kid, and i have scars all over my shin from wacking my pedal on them. i guess there stronger know, but nothing hurts worse than getting a good wack to your shin

yeah i agree joltan

hehe The one thing i really don't want to experience cos i've been told how much it hurts is when two fighters do a head kick at the same time and end up clashing shins

Muay Thai Guy said:
yeah i agree joltan

hehe The one thing i really don't want to experience cos i've been told how much it hurts is when two fighters do a head kick at the same time and end up clashing shins

Oh, u know what we should post for them? That shin kick video.
OUCH!! Do you still have the link MTG?

wtf? yeah i saw this vid way back, how and why did this happen? my trainer always tells me the when it's shin to shin it's the one who kicked will receive most of the pain compared to the one who just blocked, is this true?

usually true

the reason why he broke his shin when lloyd blocked can be for many reasons but the main one is the angle the kick was thrown at

shin conditioning article huh?! I am gonna have to print that out and deliver to all the new kids at my gym

i can only get that video to run for about 1 second. oh well i really didnt want to watch that shit anyways, i would probably have nightmares or a stroke no lie

Muay Thai Guy said:
usually true

the reason why he broke his shin when lloyd blocked can be for many reasons but the main one is the angle the kick was thrown at

please tell me that this is a one in a million chance to happen to someone:eek: , sure is gonna give someone nightmares, i mean i can take it when i see somebody go down from a hit in the chin or an elbow in the head, but this one freaks me out:D

btw, i like your article at ironlife, the one where you talked about fear, good one! :)

Jackass said:
please tell me that this is a one in a million chance to happen to someone:eek: , sure is gonna give someone nightmares, i mean i can take it when i see somebody go down from a hit in the chin or an elbow in the head, but this one freaks me out:D

btw, i like your article at ironlife, the one where you talked about fear, good one! :)

hehehe...how many times did you watch it? I remember the first time I saw it, I watched it like ten times in a row cuz I just couldn't believe it!

you wanna know the first time i watched it?

some fool decided to send it to me a week before i went to thailand! hahaha

A friend of mine from America, Jeff Ford who fought on the K1
Anyway he fought in Moscow a few years ago against a russian oponent
He was a journey man then and needed a corner man so my friend and first person to teach me Muay Thai, Sandy Holt offered to corner him
Anyway in round 1 Jeff through a right hook and it hit his oponents nose so hard that his nose literally ended up on the side of his face, bone, sinew and cartilage was poking out of the poor russians face. Jeff was physically sick when he took a peek at his floored oponent

Also in the Uk, MMA competitor Ross Petifer scored the quickest win in history in the UK
He basicall blocked a low kick and his oponents shin broke in half!
There's a video of that floating on the net too but it has been taken off the source where i got it from. If i find it again, i'll let u know :)

Just Curious

Hey just wondering how many hours a week you would need to train to become a word class muay thai fighter.

a word class fighter?
well theres more than training when u wanna get that far hehe
there's a hell of a lot of luck involved too

If you're fighting at the world level then you're gonna wanna put in the commitment and training other fighters at that level put. I have friends who are "World Class" in muay thai. Ole Laursen, Gary Turner, Peter Crooke, Kieren Keddle... They will train 6-8 hours a day, 6 days a week

Back