knee wraps...cheating?

AngryMuscles

it was said elsewhere that using kneewraps during squatting is considered cheating because of the elasticity that helps the lifter explode upwards. I have no idea. this true?

oh and strongmen use them as well.

this is of the same type of question as "are wrist wraps" cheating or is a "belt" cheating.
its all non-sense as long as your not using accessories as a "CRUTCH" for your lifts i see no problem with incorporrating them into your work out.

oh and just to clarify so one of those damn newbies don't come at me saying i said knee wraps are cheating. no i don't think they are cheating. i do believe they assist to some degree with the lift. i wouldn't use them until you go really heavy. i don't use them. i have some and i have tried them and don't like them.

your knees bothering you angry?

tman55 said:
oh and just to clarify so one of those damn newbies don't come at me saying i said knee wraps are cheating. no i don't think they are cheating. i do believe they assist to some degree with the lift. i wouldn't use them until you go really heavy. i don't use them. i have some and i have tried them and don't like them.

your knees bothering you angry?

they do

some guys like a loose knee wrap---some guys prefer a neopreene knee sleeve.

For me I like knee sleeves and i wear them every leg workout.
Along with applying a MSM\menthol blend rub and sweatpants.

knee wraps a good idea if you are squatting with heavy weight--not cheating at all. They allow them at meets.

angry your not competitive so its doesn't matter one fucking bit if there cheating or not. if they help your knees feel better then use them. i don't think that wraps contribute to any significant amount of weight being used, as would a suit or something to that extent.

tman: nothing wrong with my knees. just something I heard elsewhere and got me curious.
evansss:just wondering..lol

I don't think i have seen a raw fed allow knee wraps. They are also not for protection, i have never heard one bit of evidence to say otherwise. If you think powerlifters wear knee wraps for safety you are fooling yourself. If you want to stop pain, get some knee sleeves, like the Rehbands, and get some horse liniment. From what i have heard you can get a good 25 lbs out of the sleeves in your squat when they are tight.

Back