Lab result question. .

Utm18

Endo finally started me on test cyp. Injections. 100mg every 14 days. Had blood drawn after 6 weeks. Labs came back at 319. So after talking or going round and round with her about increasing dose and frequency she agreed to 150mg every 10 days.
Pharmacy was out of 100mg test cyp. So they had the script changed to 200mg .75ml every 10 days. I had labs drawn 6 weeks later and they come back at 1209. Does that seem to be right? To me it a large jump from just increasing 50mg.

Something doesn't seem right.

And what a terrible protocol to be on. Do you self inject? If yes, why not just change up the frequency yourself? If you don't self-inject why haven't you looked for a new doctor? Do you think diabetics go I to their doc's office everytime they need an injection?

I'd expect the result of 319 ng/dl 10 days after an injection of 100mg...but I definitely wouldn't expect the result of 1209 ng/dl 10 days after an injection of 150mg. Something ain't right here.

Perhaps a lab error, or maybe you misremembered how long after your injection the second set of labs was drawn?

Both of your doctor's suggested protocols are pretty whack though.

I agree, she is wack. She doesn't want me above 600. I had to follow her protocal to ge dialed in. I dont see her again until October. So i will be self adjusting. I go for labs tomorrow morning, i will have a better feel of where Im at.

If i have my labs drawn tomorrow that will be 5 days after my last shot. Is that too soon? Im on a e5d protocal right now? Should I wait? Im also due for a shot tomorrow. Any advice?

Im having the labs done on my own at privatelabs. Im concerned about E2. Doc would not check it so I will.

If i have my labs drawn tomorrow that will be 5 days after my last shot. Is that too soon? Im on a e5d protocal right now? Should I wait? Im also due for a shot tomorrow. Any advice?

Depends. How long have you been on your current protocol of 100mg e5d?

I'd expect the result of 319 ng/dl 10 days after an injection of 100mg...but I definitely wouldn't expect the result of 1209 ng/dl 10 days after an injection of 150mg. Something ain't right here.

Perhaps a lab error, or maybe you misremembered how long after your injection the second set of labs was drawn?

Both of your doctor's suggested protocols are pretty whack though.

I agree with Chiefy on this big time. Some thing is wrong here. I've had my T cyp increased many times and never ever had a 300% increase of TT from a 50% increase in Testosterone. Utm18, you said she was whacked. Many doctors tell people they are in normal range when not. I've met untrained doctors who think T is outright harmful, etc> Did you see the lab result numbers yourself? Are you sure you measured correctly? I'm guessing you might have taken a second dose by mistake. I believe you are telling the truth, no question about that. But I would go so far to say that those TT numbers are virtually impossible to get with the injection and blood test times you stated. More blood tests will reveal what is going on. And I hope you feel good at 600, I don't and many feel much better at higher numbers. Lastly it is only a matter of time before this doctor causes you grief, so at least start to look around now.

Wait, so you're injecting 100mg E5D? That's twice the initial value, and 75% more than the initial. Do 75mg E3.5D, and recheck on the day before your next pin in about a month.

(100mg E5D is 200mg E10D)

I hate to base my reply on sex of the doctor, as I know women can be just as capable as men, but in the realm of testosterone replacement, I find them to be less receptive to the desires of their male patients. You're going to be pinning for the rest of your life, as long as you're within the reference ranges, I don't know what the issue is. I am also concerned with a lack of checking estradiol.

If it were me, I'd be doctor shopping, and interview them prior to letting them even take your vitals. I've been doing this for quite some time, and have heard some doozies, where they just simply aren't educated enough in hormones to be qualified to treat me. Spend as much time as you can learning; you NEED to be your own best health care advocate, as it's called 'practicing medicine' for a very good reason.

My .02c :)

Ok, I got my most recent labs back. Test came back at 903. What numbers do I need to post up for you guys to look at? I have picked up some hcg that i plan on dosing at 500iu per week and a Ai (.25 eod?)on my own that i plan on using.

Back