LabWork, what does it all mean?

TheCelt

Sorry if there is already an answer to this on the forum, I looked and could not find it.

My family Doc put me on Test cyp (100MG/ML) Inject 2ML every 2 weeks. I went to an Endo an I told him I felt a boost a day or so after I took it and then a drop off in energy, he wanted me to discontinue the cyp period. He placed me on Androgel 1% 10mg daily. I felt even shittier on that. So I called him and convinced him that because of both feeling shitty and the extra cost I should be back on the cyp. I am currently pinning 50mg every 3.5 days.

I've had bloodwork done twice, once by my family doctor and then a second one by my Endo. The only results I got were from the first test, doc said it was:

Total Testosterone 8.2 nmol/L
Free Testosterone 25.2 nmol/L

So right now I feel like shit, still pinning regularly, but feeling run down, depressed, irritable in a constant brain fog and have no energy.

I have another requisition for bloodwork and these are the tests they are doing, is there someone (smarter than I) who can break this down and explain what each of these is for/means and where I would optimally want to be as a 35 year old male?

Glucose (Fasting)
HbA1C
TSH
Creatinine (eGFR)
Uric Acid
Sodium
Potassium
Chloride
Albumin / Creatinine Ratio, Urine
CK
ALT
B12
Ferritin
CBC
Total PSA
Cortisal
Free Testosterone
Estradiol
FT3 & FT4
AST GGT
DHEA
AST

Thanks

For starters, I'm glad to see you were able to get away from the gel crap that docs get pushed onto them, so they push them onto us. Am I to understand that your total test is 8.2nmol/L (236.50ng/dL) after treatment? I see the mention of two weeks, but I don't know how long you've been at 100mg/wk. If it has been longer than 4 weeks, hopefully your doc bumps you up again to 200mg/wk and you are able to do much better at that dose. You did the smart thing by moving to every 3.5 days for injections as it's asinine to expect good results every 2 weeks.

Here's a link to a thread that has a really good definition for each item on commonly found blood panels and their respective ranges. I didn't look to see if everything you have on there is listed, but if you don't see it - I'm sure either I or someone else can help you understand it.

>>>BLOOD TEST VALUES<<<

Back