lance armstrong and gear

mooseboy84

im sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i wonder what the "pros" take on armstrong and juice is? i was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he was going on about how the french hate america etc, and that they make lies about armstrong juicing because theyre jealous.

i told him the french may be right. the man Lost a teste when he had cancer. that mean he has only 1 left. now i have no way of confirming this, but i am more than sure they gave him some sort of hormone replacement or test gel if his cancer was as bad as he claims. now of course he would never admit to this, and their is no way of proving it.

i just wonder about him. we like to vilify every other major sports athlete, but somehow give armstrong a pass because he had cancer? also, remember 2 or 3 years ago someone caught on camera one of his trainers throwing away a bag full of syringes. that came up, but they hushed it up quickly.

if armstrong is on gear, i think he is probably using some Balco type forumula. everyone talks about balco, but do you people honestly think BALCO is the only laborotory in the world making grandpas secret elixr? i am in no way trying to take away from what he did. i think its great an american wins the only thing the French take pride in. i just question why armstrong gets such an easy pass for his incredible feats, yet guys like barry bonds and giambi are beat up.

ok rant over.

mooseboy84 said:
i just question why armstrong gets such an easy pass for his incredible feats, yet guys like barry bonds and giambi are beat up.

That's easy. Armstrong has never admitted to drug use and never failed a test. Both Bonds and Giambi were never tested during their most productive years and both have admitted under oath that they took anabolic steroids.

Pretty cut and dry in my opinion.

mooseboy84 said:
i just question why armstrong gets such an easy pass for his incredible feats, yet guys like barry bonds and giambi are beat up.

ok rant over.
Hes never failed a drug test...and they are tested ALL the time. Easy pass? The dude beat brain, lung and testicular cancer. What the hell has bonds done and giambi done?

joltan said:
He has an enlarged heart too. poor fellow.

Yep. That's not always a bad thing. It can be beneficial if it became enlarged and more functional. As a powerlifter who has been training for 11 years I would assume that my heart is "enlarged", but in a positive way.

Chemical assistance for endurance sports... Maybe, but you are askin on the wrong board, I would guess even the vets here wouldn't have a clue what lance could or could not be taking.

If he is on something I bet there are others in the race that are also on it but yet can not match what he does.

if he is on a hormone replacement, the point would be to give him test to replace what his lack of testicles cant. This would almsot positively be known to doctors, and when he is given blood tests his testosterone levels would be checked.

if he is using chems, it aint test. it would have to be a designer chem that wouldnt show up.

If he is using, it doesnt matter, as i would bet that all his competition is as well, they are just being typical french pansies and bitching cause tey are getting spanked at their own game.
Even if he is the most gased athlete on earth, it is amazing even if he didnt go through the health problems.

Lance armstrong got where he is for many reasons. yes he is a physical specimen, but probably no more then the other cardio nuts in that game. what set him apart was will, drive, determination, whatever.

As far as why he doesnt get any shit even if he is gased is because of 2 things..
1. he doesnt fit the bill. people think steroids, they think huge muscles. people are ignorant.
2. it would be career suicide to attack a guy who beat cancer and went on to where he is. Even if it later came out that the reporter was right, his career would have ended long before the truth came out.

DougoeFre5h said:
Hes never failed a drug test...and they are tested ALL the time. Easy pass? The dude beat brain, lung and testicular cancer. What the hell has bonds done and giambi done?

im not trying to get into an argument about cancer, my father "beat" prostate cancer, just like Millions of other men. many people beat brain cancer and testicular cancer. its not about him beating cancer

lots of people in baseball have taken "performance enhancing" stuff, yet only 3 people have hit more than 700 home runs in baseball.

armstrong is a great athlete and has done something that will probably not be duplicated, at least not for a long time. thats the same with any great athlete, "clean" or not.

The best thing about the whole armstrong thing is......... he beat the French on their own turf,,,7 times....SMACK!

Greg LeMond was American and won I believe twice. So far as I know Lance has been tested many times.

lots of people in baseball have taken "performance enhancing" stuff, yet only 3 people have hit more than 700 home runs in baseball.
armstrong is a great athlete and has done something that will probably not be duplicated, at least not for a long time. thats the same with any great athlete, "clean" or not.
i agree with this statement 110%. steroids are "performance" enhancing yes, but they aren't "talent" or "willpower" or "dedication" enhancing. to enhance performance you must first have a foundation of talent to get to where lance is. and i'm not just saying that b/c he's my boyfriend ;)

Lance on roids...are you kidding me! The guy is like 150 lbs soaking wet with rocks in his pockets. No he never tested positive, yes he has an enlarged heart, and also his heart beats alot slower than most, so with that being said, its working for him. His heart doesnt have to work as hard, therefore whooping everyones ass for the past 6 years. Go Lance!!!!!!!! You stud

Back