lance armstrong and gear

mooseboy84 said:
im not trying to get into an argument about cancer, my father "beat" prostate cancer, just like Millions of other men. many people beat brain cancer and testicular cancer. its not about him beating cancer

lots of people in baseball have taken "performance enhancing" stuff, yet only 3 people have hit more than 700 home runs in baseball.

armstrong is a great athlete and has done something that will probably not be duplicated, at least not for a long time. thats the same with any great athlete, "clean" or not.
You're misunderstanding me. The reason hes so incredible in everyones eyes is because he beat cancer..it is about him beating cancer. Now, yes I believe hes an incredible athelete as are many many people that never get any praise at all...but hes famous in large part due to his cancer story.

espn devoted a whole show to lance and steroid use...they test those bike riders monthly and a hell of a lot more than the baseball players...the french will be damned if they give away that crown to someone who uses them...trust me they wouldnt give lance even the slightest doubt..it was all in the interview

armstrong is most definately nto on juice, his enlarged heart just makes it better than ours. when most peoples lungs are out of air, his are just getting started.
he is an incredible athlete if you ask me.

lance competes in the top tier of the sport and in that tier and evry other tier of proffesional sport people use drugs .....cyclist are probably some of the most doped up of all sports people they dont do a lot of roids but they do use a lot of stimulants gh,epo and blood transfusions yes that right theyll drain and store a litre of blood a month or two before a comp then pump it back in on the morning of the race effectively increasing there red blood cell count(increases endurance) theyll even pull the old dean lukin powerlifting trick of a small line of cocaine before an intense stage .(.03of a gee)
there is a lot of other shit they do that im not going into .....needless to say they
aint clean ...far from it .....next youll be asking about olympic athletes...lol......oh by the way dont believe everything you see on the discovery channel....................lol.........patriotism sometimes can make you blind.......lol....lol.... :startrek:

Last edited:
fitfreak76 said:
lance competes in the top tier of the sport and in that tier and evry other tier of proffesional sport people use drugs .....cyclist are probably some of the most doped up of all sports people they dont do a lot of roids but they do use a lot of stimulants gh,epo and blood transfusions yes that right theyll drain and store a litre of blood a month or two before a comp then pump it back in on the morning of the race effectively increasing there red blood cell count(increases endurance) theyll even pull the old dean lukin powerlifting trick of a small line of cocaine before an intense stage .(.03of a gee)
there is a lot of other shit they do that im not going into .....needless to say they
aint clean ...far from it .....next youll be asking about olympic athletes...lol......oh by the way dont believe everything you see on the discovery channel....................lol.........patriotism sometimes can make you blind.......lol....lol.... :startrek:

ok..so everyone is doing it at that level...thus an even playing field..

whats ur point..

the french slapped 7 x's w/ home court advantage...

just to sum things up a bit as well ,,, Lance is a genetic freek. his heart can pump 9gallons of blood per minute, the average human can only pump 4.5. that is TWICE the amount of blood. on top of that he carry's a large percentage more red blood cells than a typical human which in turn allows him to carry more oxygen: now to top it off.... his lung capacity is again TWICE that of a normal person ,, so this obviously allows him to be more efficient... BUTTT think about the mtn stages where there isn't a lot of oxygen to be had. he can use more than most. he is genetically made to do what he does.

Training in high altitudes is how they train for such things, he wasn't born that way. Maybe predispositioned for such greatness, maybe better, but not where he is now obviously.

In the "old days" cheaters used to avoid high altitude training by injecting more hemoglobin into their bloodstreams.

fitfreak76 said:

i was thinking about these sort of things myself. i just take for example marion jones, the US female olympian who won several gold medals in 2000. she was not "huge" and not very muscular even compared to other female sprinters. she Never tested positive for any banned substances, [her ex power lifting husband did]

however she was a client of BALCO. now it never came out she officially used anything, she NEVER failed a drug test, but during the 2004 olympics her performance was WAY down. not just because of age or her having a baby, it was like she was an amateur and not even in contention to win anything. now she used some form of growth hormones that have yet to have a test for. i dont think shes won Any race since her name was first leaked from being involved in BALCO.

i just wonder 10 years from now what biochemist will be writing a, "tell all" book about how many superbowls, gold medals and tours de france they helped win.

lance

im pretty sure that lance had both of the boys removed ,which is pretty rare in this kind of cancer . they had him build up his own sperm bank before they removed them and had it frozen, for future kids maybe , but im sure he would have to be on hrt to keep him functioning. his story was on babera walters not that long ago

brooklynheight said:
who cares

I couldn't have said it better. I wish the media and general public would quit sucking Lance Armstrong's dick so we can all move on to more entertaining things than a 125lb fella riding a 10-speed. :baby:

fitfreak76 said:

Come on! You're talking like blood doping is something new and secret that isn't tested for. Maybe you had a point 30 years ago.

I believe its called a U' on an EKG. Slang is called marathon or endurance heart. I know cause I have one. Its a unique and somewhat rare it allows for a stronger push of blood around the system allowing more rest for the heart. In turn it doesnt have to beat as much. Most pulses at rest never exced 63 or so... and Lance has a nicely conditioned one.

Mind you he also has the determination of a Bull!

I often see that some american guys think the french ppl hate them. I don't know how strong your government propaganda is, but believe me: it's all bullshit. The french only don't like the war on Iraq, like all the europeans. Some government help you only for getting money and against their citizens opinion. Relax, we all love america, our grandfather brothers built it.
I believe all the pro cyclist are doped and also that Armstrong is a great champion. Since everybody use dope, there is no magic transfusion which turn one normal guy in such a great man. Armstrong is the best cyclist now. It doesn't mean all american are good and all French are bad. LOL
I'm curious to know what they take :)

Also, let's not forget that Lance was sponsored by the US Postal Service, and they charge me $3.85 to send Priority Mail. $4.20 if I want delivery confirmation. Think about that for awhile and get back to me.

caladin said:
In turn it doesnt have to beat as much. Most pulses at rest never exced 63 or so... and Lance has a nicely conditioned one.

My resting heart rate when I was even heavier, was 52. Average is considered 60-75 last I heard (here in the US that is), although I have heard of people in the low 90s who are considered "healthy."

I forget who, but there was a former endurance athlete who was registered with a 28 resting pulse rate. I'll remember in a few days perhaps.

Back