Legal Trouble?

dcorti01

Last nite i recieved a voicemail from an detective saying they are investigating reports that im distributing large amount of steroids. Initially i shit in my pants mostly bc im not, but the i thought i f they were investigating why would they call me and let me know. The detective also asked me to call him back but i accidently deleted the voicemail, so im still a little nervous any thoughts or opinions on how i should handle this matter would be greatly appreciated.

sounds liek your mates f-ing around...but you can never to to careful...shame you havn't got the voicemail otherwise you could have got a friend to call him and say you were dead :D

I say it is somebody fucking with you too. A detective is not going to phone you up and say I am investigating you. He would get all his shit together and then lay the charge on you.

Inquirer said:
Agreed. Get new friends cause that just isnt funny.

That's is funny until you flush all your gear down the toilet.

But just in case,,,,,,,repeat after me.....I wish to invoke my right to remain silent as provided by the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution. :druggie:

Slayer said:
But just in case,,,,,,,repeat after me.....I wish to invoke my right to remain silent as provided by the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution. :druggie:

you got that right. dont say shit.

Slayer said:

Pleading the 5th looks awesome on paper but if you start throwing that shit around with a detective I can almost guarantee he'll see to it that a charge is brought against you, no matter how weak a case he has. They like to think they're Magnum PI types, and unless you have a degree in law they see it as insulting that you try and throw around legal terms you read about in some Abbie Hoffman book.

I've had to speak with detectives on various topics several times. They never tell you the reason they're calling on an answering machine. Just that its them and they leave a number for you to contact them back. Even after you call they still wont reveal what the details are until they meet you in person. When you do talk to him on the phone tell them you just wanna "play things safe" and talk to an attorney before you sit down and give him a statement. Let him know that you're more than willing to meet with him, just wanna make sure you do everything by the book. Keep in mind his personal observations go on the report that goes up for a charging decision, so if you seem apprehensive and unwilling he's gonna be less hesitant at putting your case in positive light.

I think someone's yanking your chain but even if it's legit I wouldn't worrry...why? Because if they had anything solid on you, there wouldn't be phone calls there would be doors being kicked in and you in a hammer lock before being cuffed.

if you never did sell it --dont worry--be careful some det. may call you to talk w.you about a report they received maybe from an enemy of yours-if they call again talk to him-you cant be arrested w/out physcial evidence--unless you are selling!

I'd flee to the UK, I can get my stuff delivered to work/home as steroids are legal to use here :D

Well heres the update, i received no folow up phone call so im leaning to the idea that it was a friend playing a joke. But like someone said earlier whether its a joke or not its not fun worry about having something lieing around ur house, while i didnt flush everthing down the toilet the idea did cross my mind.

not cool

I wouldn't take this lightly. If you are indeed distributing gear then I would be worried. Is the call a fake? Probably. But someone calling your house and leaving that kind of message means that someone is fucking with you which could just as dangerous. Maybe you have a pissed off customer. I would not flush the gear, but I would get it out of the house. And lay low.

yeah someones is messing around with you....so go to a gag store by the fake lottery ticket that is a win of 2 million ..and give it to him at the bar..free rounds ...until you tell him its a joke...be prepared to bolt...

A-10 said:
Pleading the 5th looks awesome on paper but if you start throwing that shit around with a detective I can almost guarantee he'll see to it that a charge is brought against you, no matter how weak a case he has.

I don't care how it looks,,,,,its better than the fools that I have dealt with that think they can talk their way out of it and end up giving the police evidence they wouldn't have had if they had kept your mouth shut. Or the guys I have represented that think if they are nice and cooperate with the cops the cops will forget about the crime they committed. The detective is going to make his decision based on the facts of the case, not on whether you are nice to him or not. Now if you are a complete dick of course he is going to work hard to get you, or color the report that he writes. But saying you want to remain silent isn't going to piss him off any more than saying you want to talk to your attorney first.

Slayer said:
I don't care how it looks,,,,,its better than the fools that I have dealt with that think they can talk their way out of it and end up giving the police evidence they wouldn't have had if they had kept your mouth shut. Or the guys I have represented that think if they are nice and cooperate with the cops the cops will forget about the crime they committed. The detective is going to make his decision based on the facts of the case, not on whether you are nice to him or not. Now if you are a complete dick of course he is going to work hard to get you, or color the report that he writes. But saying you want to remain silent isn't going to piss him off any more than saying you want to talk to your attorney first.

I agree with you completely, I think you took my post the wrong way. I'm referencing those that know some tidbits of the law and start barking that they know their rights and start demanding such and such. Or tell LE to fuck off because they know the name of a law but have no idea what it actually encompasses. Not the ones that simply request to remain silent or request to speak with thier lawyer first.

I Wouldnt Recomend Saying I Want An Attorney First..that Just Says Im Giulty..dont Ya Think...just Play Dumb

sean usmc said:
I Wouldnt Recomend Saying I Want An Attorney First..that Just Says Im Giulty..dont Ya Think...just Play Dumb

It makes you look guilty to the cop. But a jury will NEVER hear that you asked for a lawyer and exercised your right to remain silent.

A-10 said:
I agree with you completely, I think you took my post the wrong way. I'm referencing those that know some tidbits of the law and start barking that they know their rights and start demanding such and such. Or tell LE to fuck off because they know the name of a law but have no idea what it actually encompasses. Not the ones that simply request to remain silent or request to speak with thier lawyer first.

Sorry if I came off harsh. Your right,,,,,always yes officer/no officer. Never fight the cops on the street. Wait till you get into court.

Slayer said:

Haven't you read the paper, Slayer? The Constitution's been junked. All they have to do is declare dcorti an "illegal combatant" and they can drag him off to a prison in Albania and beat him with a rubber hose until he confesses to supplying every school kid in America with gear.

Back