Legendary first cycle thread (with 3J assistance)

Onk

1kg = 2.20 lbs
Legendary first cycle thread

G'day Ology members,

I wish to invite you to join me on a journey to the town of Sick Gainz and Mad Respect.
Or rather, wish to share with you my first AAS cycle :D

Goal: Extra size whilst still staying lean
I'm been in several TV ads before so staying lean is semi-necessary.
Although I work as an investment banker so the TV ads are just for secondary income

Weight: 85kgs (185 lbs)
** I'm Australian, we use the Metric system

Height: 187cm (6"1)
BF: 10% ish
** Explained below

Training experience:
Gymnastics my whole life, most of it at state level until 18 years old
Gym since 16 years old (9 years)
Contests Completed: Two

My first cycle:
Week 1-12: Test E 500 mg (Monday Morning, Thursday Night)
Weeks 1-12: 0.40 mg Arimidex EoD

I also have aromasin, letro, extra nova and clomid on hand and stored in a separate location. I'm not taking any chances in case anything goes missing.
Any future cycles they'll get used anyway so why not? :)

PCT:
Clomid 100/50/50/50
Nolva 40/40/20/20

---------------
CYCLE PROGRESS:

Weigh-ins:
Pre-cycle: 80kgs (177 lbs)
Week 1: 81.3 (181.4 lbs)
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:

Diet:
Currently a 3J's Nutrition Network Client.
Could not give this man more praise.
I started by asking a few questions in the Diet forum and was impressed by the responses.
Sent 3J an email asking his pricing for 6 months worth of advice and mentoring and found it very affordable.
His knowledge and customer service is top notch, if you ever need a referral, please PM me and I'll let you know what to expect!
** Strictly impressions though, I'm not giving away any trade secrets. You want him, you pay for him!

Workout Routine:
Using that reverse pyramid workout plan

Sun - Rest day
Mon - Legs / Calves
Tue - Back / Abs
Wed - Shoulders
Thu - Chest / Calves
Fri - Arms / Abs
Sat - Rest

Blood work:
Tests done last weekend, will attach results at a later stage

Body fat:
I just finished my last contest 2 weeks ago so I'm still filling out.
I was down to about 5-6% body fat at the time, so everyday I consider my bf changing.
Can still see six abs quite easily.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated asap, as the earlier I hear the earlier I can tweak my program!

Thanks for joining the journey!

Onk

(Anyway I can have my forum name change to just Onk?)

Last edited:
Day 1:

First injection in right ventroglute
I put my needles (18" for drawing and 23" for injecting) in the fridge first so they'd be nice and cold and hence numb my glute when injecting
I put my Test vial into warm water for five minutes prior to injecting
No problems injecting what so ever.
Needle goes in, aspirate, no blood, inject, needle goes out
Tape a cotton pad to the area and apply pressure for 2 mins
On with my day I went....

I did chest and biceps today as I missed yesterday (took my gf to the ballet as her bday present) and felt like $1 million bucks.
I know the Test won't kick in for four weeks, but my confidence was through the roof nonetheless.

Even just having more calories in my diet has helped my strength tremendously.
Also, referring to the bench press thread that's also active, I took note of Shredder and MrRipped's advice and god it made today amazing.
Massively pumped and seriously sore afterwards! Thanks gents.

i make beasts.. thats what i do for a living.. bahahahaaaa

a 3Js Nutrition Network success story in the making!!!

Looks rad mate! very similar cycle i have finally edited-till.. except i have 0.50mg eod Arimidex and one or two other things different; following

Day 2:

That virgin muscle is a bit sore today! Woke up and my ass cheek was tender to sit on. am driving and holding the door brace so as to not put too much weight on it :D
Bit my lip and toughened up. Pain is just weakness leaving the body right?

Shoulders and Triceps day (rest days Sat and Sun)

Broom stick rotations from front of head to back. E.g. Palms facing down holding the broomstick parallel to floor, rotate back and forth over head bringing grip closer and closer.
20 rotations of this^^

Military press x4
Machine side lat raise x4
Barbell front raise x4
Shrugs 1x20, 1x10 (heavyyyy), 1x20

Skull Crushers (elbows strictly tucked) x4
Machine tricep ext x4
Rope pull down x4
Rope pull down super drop set doing 4-5 reps starting at heaviest weight I can, then dropping to the next heaviest, down to virtually no weight
-> Dead

Took some advice from Shredder and Ripped and engaged the muscles before stretching/contracting the muscle groups.....
Wowee they got tight in a hurry. Shoulders felt amazing after just the military press

First off, must say how happy I am to have found this forum. I finished the gym, came home and ate and couldn't wait to share my stories :D
Thanks to anyone that reads this and I hope it gives some value to someone!

Second injection, BASH MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL
I used my 19g to draw my Test and was set but forgot to change my needle heads....so I tried 3x to inject into my glute and was wondering why it wouldnt go deeper than 0.5cm.....probably blunt as shit after the draw + 3x injection attempts.....
After 5 mins I figured it out and tried to switch heads to my 23g and then had no problem what so ever pinning my left glute. Easier than 1st inject as I knew I had tensed first time round and was conscious of it.
Done and dusted off to the gym afterwards.

Chest + Abs:
Incline barbell press x4
Flat barbell press x4
Palms facing forward arm raise (basically a sweep with palms forward, bring arms from slightly behind back to be parallel with floor, pausing at the zenith
>>> works well for that lower pectoral
Flat dumbell flys x4 superset with wide pushups, fingers outwards x3 to failure
>>> love these to get the most out of my muscles so I'm really fatigued when finished.

Dragon flags x3
Windscreen Wipers x3
Leg Raises x3

Props to shredder for the chest day help, was super pumped after the barbell presses and had lots of trouble for 3-4 exercises

Last edited:
Do you have progress pics?

walked to the bathroom and just tensed trap+arm.
haven't eaten yet so pretty depleted and hence abs look better than usual :D
http://i.imgur.com/slPmhUa.jpg

haha. you injected with a 19g??? damn thats gotta hurt
a BLUNT 19g. lesson learnt.....

probably should of, but I guess I just wasn't overly concerned about them "bouncing back"
naive, yes, but I'll look at the for next time.

Last edited:
Yo, shit, I just saw this thread, nice!! I will be following along without a doubt. I see you did some learning and gained some knowledge on how a first cycle should look, so props to that.

I get a good vibe that you are going about this in the proper fashion, not just pissing into the wind like so many people do who want to get on a cycle.

And thanks for the props on the Chest training advice Im glad it worked out well for you, feel free to pop over to my log and shoot me any Qs you have?

LMFAO @ 19g gad daymn

Last edited:
Woke up this morning and had a slight fever which is gone now (7pm here in Syd).
Leg felt bruised as shit, but after a nice warm shower and massaging around the area the pain dissipated...

Back day:
Behind the head lat pulldowns x5 (only done this once before so had to gauge strength)
Close grip row x4
Rack pulls x4 (Shred I know you'll like this!!!)
Dumbell row x4
Hyper extensions x3 until total fatigue

Training wasn't as good because of the fever, kept feeling like I was overheating so listened to my body and dropped the intensity a notch.

Question for tomorrow pin. So far i've done two, right and left glutes.
It has been a week so I guess I can go back to doing the right glute as it's been adequate time....

however, would it be a better option to get my delts used to pinning? I could do both my right and left delts for my next two pins, then back to glutes afterwards. End of the day I want to be comfortable to pin different muscles.

Last edited:
It has been a week so I guess I can go back to doing the right glute as it's been adequate time....

however, would it be a better option to get my delts used to pinning? I could do both my right and left delts for my next two pins, then back to glutes afterwards. End of the day I wasnt to be comfortable to pin different muscles.

just rotate the glutes man. Its the easiest and the most painless injection you can make.

Shoulder day:
4x Machine press. Really slow reps and I really worked that reverse pyramid to see how heavy I could go for my set of 4-5 reps.
3x Dumbell lat raises
3x barbell front raises
4x Machine delt fly (think that is its name...)
3x Shrugs (20, 10, 20)
Squeezed the shit out of my traps for those shrugs, my forearms were killing me for holding the dumbells for such a long time!

however, would it be a better option to get my delts used to pinning? I could do both my right and left delts for my next two pins, then back to glutes afterwards. End of the day I want to be comfortable to pin different muscles.

Id do delts as well personally

Back