Let's Talk Wrestlemania!!!

Fyre

Who got to watch Mania last night? I thought it was one of the best Wrestlemania's! For those of you that missed it, here's a little recap for ya'!:D
Okay, the first match of the night was John Cena vs Big Show. I wasn't sure if this would be a boring match or not...heheh. It ended up being a really good match. Very impressive seeing Cena pick up Big Show and slam him twice! Cena ends up winning and taking the US Championship from the Big Show.

Next up was the Fatal Four Way with La Resistance vs, Cane and Ginrak vs The Dudley Boys vs Booker T and RVD.
Booker T and RVD retain the titles.

Christian vs Jericho was next. We knew that Trish would come out at some point but I wasn't sure what her role would be for this match. Anyway, it was an awesome match too. Christian and Jericho always work so well together. In the end, Trish does come out, and pretends she's apologizing to Jericho for screwing up and ends up slapping him in the face and setting him up for Christian to hit him from behind. Trish and Christian walk out together and he plants a kiss on her before they walk out....hehehe.....and the saga continues.:)

Ah, and finally, we get to see the Rock n Sock connection take on Evolution. The Rock is always so funny to watch as he mimics Rick Flairs little strut. Another good match in my opinion. I would have liked to see Rock n Sock win the match but Evolution ended up winning that one.

One sec, need coffee....hehehe....I'll finish up in two minutes.:D

Okay, now the next match is one I could have done without but I'm sure you guys enjoyed it...lol..The Playboy evening gown match with Sable and Torrie vs Miss Jackie and Stacy.
I was wondering how they were going to attempt to wrestle in their gowns...lol..they answered that for me when they took them off!
Anyway, Torrie and Sable win this one.

Oh, the next match was probably one of my favorites of the evening, The Cruiserweight Title match. It ended up coming down to Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero in the end and Chavo manages to retain his belt. I would have loved to see Rey Mysterio win this one. I'm a big Mysterio fan. He's always so entertaining to watch.

The Brock Lesnar/Goldberg match was next. Wow, was this boring. The most entertaining thing about this match was listening to what the crowd was chanting. They started off with the "You sold out" chants for Brock. Then they went to Goldberg Sucks...hehehe....then they went to "You both suck"....lol Oh, and don't forget the "Boring" chants and then finally singing the NahNahNahNah song to Brock.
Anyway, waste of a match in my opinion. I wish Brock wasn't leaving to go play football. I wish it was Goldberg leaving instead...lol
:D

Okay, last five matches of the evening.

Next up was the tag team championships with Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin vs APA vs The Basham Brothers vs Scotty Too Hotty and Rikishi.
This was an okay match in my opinion. I like to watch Charlie Haas and shelton Benjamin wrestle. They are both talented wrestlers.
Anyway Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi end up keeping their titles. Charlie Haas gets a stink face from Rikishi....lol

The Womens Championship was next with Molly vs Victoria. The stipulations were if Molly lost, she would shave her head bald. Well, Molly lost...heheh and Victoria ended up shaving Molly's head.

The next match was truly awesome too. Eddie Guerrero defending his belt again Kurt Angle. I knew this one was going to be an exciting match cuz they're both awesome athletes. Eddie Guerrero ends up keeping his title. :)

Oh, now the Deadman's return! Very cool entrance for the Undertaker. Paul Bearer is back too! heheh...I think it's awesome that the Undertaker is back. The only thing I was disappointed with was his attire. I was kinda hoping he'd do the silver gloves and silver boot covers again, like the old Taker....hehehe. He did have the hat and the long coat but once he took those off, he just looked like the same guy that just took a break...lol
However, it was totally cool when he did the Tombstone on Kane for the win! It should be fun to watch as he gets more into his character.

Okay, final match of the night was the Triple Threat match with Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit and Triple H. Amazing match in my opinion. It was exciting from beginning to end. It looked like it could go any way at one point. Very entertaining to watch. I was so bloody happy when Benoit got the win! Triple H tapped out to the Crippler Cross Face. Just awesome to see both Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit standing in the ring with Championship Belts!!!!

I think honestly, this was one of the best Wrestlemania's I've seen, save of course, the Brock vs Goldberg match.

Anyone else?

Cheers,
Fyre

Oh sorry I forgot to mention that Christian ended up winning the match between him and Y2J and I think you've probably guessed that Goldberg beat Brock.:D

I thought it was one of the most boring 'Mania's ever, with the exception of the Angle/Guerrero match and the Triple H/HBK/Benoit match. The rest of it was fluff that should have not been saved for a pay per view. Very dissapointing.

DIEZEL666 said:
I thought it was one of the most boring 'Mania's ever, with the exception of the Angle/Guerrero match and the Triple H/HBK/Benoit match. The rest of it was fluff that should have not been saved for a pay per view. Very dissapointing.

Really? You didn't think it was a good Mania?
I thought it was awesome!:D

i have to agree with diezel and silverback , it was one of the most boring wrestle manias ever , and i do agree it was mostly due to the dull ass crowd in new york, they sucked it is well known that the wrestlers feed off the response from the crowd and the more the crowd get into the whole thing the more live the matches get, this crowd didn't go one way or the other , you couldn't tell if they loved the guys or hated them they were mostly dead except for the golgberg and lesner match , though i do agree that both these guys should have relaxed their egos and let loose on each other , they had the potential to have one of the greatest matches ever but they didn't do shit really. they should have been punishing each other hey the crowd from NY. wanted a total bloodbath they wanted these guys to annihilate each other instead they were extremely reserved , even stone cold was very reserved , he should have gotten involved in the matches like stunning both guys before the matches were over or turned it into a 3 way match of sorts, and the rest of the matches sucked i hated seeing the rock and nick loose , they are pioneers of this sport but they took a dive to give these upstarts in eveolution a push, fine i understand the older guys gotta give the young guys a push but wrestlemania was not the place, plus orton has been pushed too much at the expense of foley all too often ,the only good matches was latino heat and angle and of course the main event you can see why triple h and michaels get the big buts becaouse they put it all on the line for the big shows they know how to give the crowd what it want and will sacrifice their own lives to give a match that will never be forgotten they are the true pros of this sport and it'll be a long time till we find some one that loves the sport as much as these guys do , wwe better put some of these guys like goldberg (a true phenom in my opinion )and let them learn under the likes of hhh and hbk foley and other of their ilk that are not afraid to get beat , or loose or look other than invincible or safe in order to give the crowd a good show or the future will look very bleak indeed.

It wasn't the greatest WM but it will do. Matches of the night were:

Guerrero Vs Angle. Loved the Finish.

Micahels Vs Benoit Vs HHH. Michaels made sure the match kept to pace.

You guys passed on it the NY crowd really let the event down.

Back