Liver enzymes

Yea believe me ive been eating for size for sometime now. Wht exactly does the ultrasound test for? cuz thts wht im getting on the 25th

I am not sure what the ultrasound picks up, beyond what a blood sample would be able to do. Make sure that you are avoiding the following liver damaging things--Acetiminophen, ibuprophen, splenda or any sucralose, and especially avoid aspartame it becomes a neurotoxin at temperatures above 85 degrees fahrenheit--obviously your body temperature is higher than this so do not ingest these poisons. Get your omega-3 fatty acids that will also help the liver function optimally.

huskyguy said:
I am not sure what the ultrasound picks up, beyond what a blood sample would be able to do. Make sure that you are avoiding the following liver damaging things--Acetiminophen, ibuprophen, splenda or any sucralose, and especially avoid aspartame it becomes a neurotoxin at temperatures above 85 degrees fahrenheit--obviously your body temperature is higher than this so do not ingest these poisons. Get your omega-3 fatty acids that will also help the liver function optimally.

I doubt your claims regarding artificial sweeteners are valid. If so, then it's highly overblown. I really can't see the FDA approving such food additives if it were correct.

bleachcola said:
I doubt your claims regarding artificial sweeteners are valid. If so, then it's highly overblown. I really can't see the FDA approving such food additives if it were correct.

You actually trust the FDA? Who passed vioxx for general use and then found out later that it was so deadly--big drug companies own the FDA. Our food is poisoned by fake additives, and that is not overblown, money interests control all of these so called protective agencies.

huskyguy said:
You actually trust the FDA? Who passed vioxx for general use and then found out later that it was so deadly--big drug companies own the FDA. Our food is poisoned by fake additives, and that is not overblown, money interests control all of these so called protective agencies.

Money interests work both ways. In the past, all of the negative studies regarding sweeteners were funded by the sugar industry and amounts of product given to the test animals were insanely large, equivalent to a human eating kilograms of the stuff a day. Bad science funded by people with a clear agenda never weighs heavily on my decision making process. Like any other level-headed person I will trust the FDA over that any day.

huskyguy said:
im probablly the king of diet soft drink users . i drink roughly 4-6 cases a week of diet mountain dew and have for years and my liver values have always been fine except after takeing a lot of tylenol due to the flu .

You are right to be skeptical on both sides, but a case in point is ephedra--it was banned because there were not any money interests defending its use--the stock market was not affected at all when ephedra was taken off the market--when vioxx was taken off the market Merck lost billions of dollars in one day. What would be the effect if some of these poisons were taken off the market--huge economic losses so the FDA does not touch it because of too much money behind these poisons. Eating naturally is always going to be better than eating chemically derived flavors or pain(disguising drugs). It is a rare case when the govt, or big business has the common man's interests at heart--they are looking at a bigger picture and that is economic growth regardless of individual health. The FDA has not been a respectable organization for decades. Keep on being skeptical but follow the money and that is where the corruption usually is.

Last edited:
i actually happen to use alot of artificial sweeteners maybe that could be the cause. I just stocked up on alot of milk thistle. I got till aug 25 till my test. Hopefully ill level it out by then.

huskyguy said:
You are right to be skeptical on both sides, but a case in point is ephedra--it was banned because there were not any money interests defending its use--the stock market was not affected at all when ephedra was taken off the market--when vioxx was taken off the market Merck lost billions of dollars in one day. What would be the effect if some of these poisons were taken off the market--huge economic losses so the FDA does not touch it because of too much money behind these poisons. Eating naturally is always going to be better than eating chemically derived flavors or pain(disguising drugs). It is a rare case when the govt, or big business has the common man's interests at heart--they are looking at a bigger picture and that is economic growth regardless of individual health. The FDA has not been a respectable organization for decades. Keep on being skeptical but follow the money and that is where the corruption usually is.

The FDA doesn't operate that way. The risk of a financial outfall does not weigh into any of their decision making. The liability of such actions would be enough to prevent that from ever happening. Ephedra was pulled bc of lawmakers responding to crying mothers with kids dead from abusing ephedra. If there was big money behind Ephedra then they could have lobbied the lawmakers the other way, but that interest group has no sway over an organization like the FDA. They simply approve or disprove food products and prescription drugs based on current, reliable scientific data. To date there is no credible evidence to suggest that artificial sweeteners cause any kinds of problems. So until that evidence pops up, they will rightly leave it on the market.

This thread caught my attention because I recently had some blood work done (due to severe joint pain). I had elevated enzyme levels in both my muscle and liver.

The normal ranges for ALT are around 0 to 45 IU/L. (IU/L stands for international units per liter and is the most commonly accepted way to measure these particular enzymes ... allegedly.)

Vigorous exercise may elevate AST levels in the body. On the other hand, because ALT is found primarily in the liver, high levels of ALT almost always indicate that there’s a problem with the liver. Therefore, regarding any thought that it's heavy lifting that is causing your levels to be raised is not quite right.

I was informed that a number of reasons can give false readings to a liver test which is why your Doctor probably chose to repeat the test.

I also read about the aspharate thing being toxic to the liver; I drink tons of drink laced with that stuff.

It's a worry for something like this to happen, however, we all make informed decisions when we start pumping this stuff in to ourselves. I know I now wished I'd got blood work done before I started, to have something to allign it against now there are 'issues'. There lays the message I guess.

I wish you well. From a fellow liver damaged friend :)

Last edited:
ultasound checks all organs, ie.. liver and kidney size(enlargement) and abnormalities etc.. don't skimp on the milk thistle

K guys i figured it was time for an update on the liver situation. I am still yet to start the planned cycle. I took milk thistle for a three week period. I did not take one sip of alcohol or take any pain medication or cold medication of any type whatsoever. I got bloodwork done again and the doctor said my liver enzymes are still slightly elevated. They said even more slightly but yet again just slightly more than before. They then told me the dr is not concerned and i should not be worried. The nurse said something about fatty tissue in the liver. I am really not sure what to make of all this.

Back