Long time lurker, first time poster

Spook

Hi CutieFace and Supergirl. I have a question about anavar usage for an older female friend. She has hit the weights pretty hard for over 6 years and looks pretty incredible for her age and has accomplished a great deal with her body, but she's hit a plateau. She wants to do Anavar.

I've erred on the side of caution with her for various reasons. She just recently hit menopause a couple of months ago with elevated FSH values, mood swings, higher blood pressure, etc... She also has glaucoma which she is being treated for, as well as bipolar. She dropped her meds for depression a month ago and flipped out big time (sorry about that one CutieFace, but don't feel bad, I took the brunt of those arrows and had to put up with alot of crying and anger episodes).

Will Anavar affect her glaucoma or make it worse? I suggested that if she tried it that she uses no more than 5mg/day and not more than 10mg/day until she see's what it will do to her, but would prefer she sticks with a safe dosage of 5mg/day for a while. Will Anavar affect her blood pressure as well or her mood. She is on blood pressure meds and an anti-depressant which works really well for her.

Also, she's wanting to shed some extra bodyfat (I'd estimate she's 14% bodyfat right now), but I do not want her using a stimulant of any kind and she already has a good diet. I don't want her using a stimulant because of its affect on her mind with depression and her blood pressure. Would Stimulant-free Anorex be a safe bet?

Spook said:
Hey DADAWG, thats a nice black and tan in your avatar there.
im amazed you know what a black and tan is , you must be from the south or your a avid dog lover

Both

DADAWG said:
im amazed you know what a black and tan is , you must be from the south or your a avid dog lover

From the south or near south anyway. Born and raised KY, hunted with a shotgun since I was potty trained, and had a black and tan that would eat anything insight. Had a Red Bone that was quite possibly one of the best dogs I ever had though. He had a nose that could spot a squirrel or racoon 2 miles away and would make me hike my ass off to get to that tree too.

Is Cincy considered the south?

Re: Both

Spook said:
From the south or near south anyway. Born and raised KY, hunted with a shotgun since I was potty trained, and had a black and tan that would eat anything insight. Had a Red Bone that was quite possibly one of the best dogs I ever had though. He had a nose that could spot a squirrel or racoon 2 miles away and would make me hike my ass off to get to that tree too.

Is Cincy considered the south?
when did they start potty training in KENTUCKY:D

LOL DADAWG, my family was edjumacated. We used running water, the water ran right under the outhouse.

Hey spooky :)

listen baby.. it is in my sincerest advice here.. this girl is on enough shit already!! Her body is on overload IMO..

honestly.. menopause or not.. (i realize her met has slowed and she is in a plateau) but with everything else in her body, i would prefer that she revamp and tighten up her diet!! that is 1st and foremost.. secondly, maybe her training is stale.. mix it up some!

now to answer your question directly.. anavar will NOT increase her blood pressure, however it can cause an increase in cholesterol... There is minimal to no bloat and i can't see how it would affect glaucoma since oxandrolone was originally intended for both cancer and aids patients as well as a treatment for osteoperosis... but IMO a doctors supervision for your friend i would highly recommend, or as i first stated.. keep her clean :)

Thank you SG. You're a sweetheart. The main worries I had with her was the bipolar deal and the anti-d's. She's a good woman and I like to look out for my near and dear, and that is why I don't like second guessing myself with her.

Spook said:
Thank you SG. You're a sweetheart. The main worries I had with her was the bipolar deal and the anti-d's. She's a good woman and I like to look out for my near and dear, and that is why I don't like second guessing myself with her.

I concur completely with SG on this one. I have a bit more to add since you were concerned with her mood and bipolar. There has been more than 1 occassion that I have felt depressed and shitty post cycle. I was not taking any meds at the time for depression, either. My most severe experience was on EQ, obviously Anavar (var) is milder in that arena of drugs, but I did experience a tad of depression with it. It just seems like an unnecessary risk at this time

My worry would be after she gets off all the meds, she may have a horrible post cycle crash, you taking the brunt of it. My other concern is the fact that she is going through menopause...Although as SG stated, Anavar (var) can help with cancers and osteoporosis, it also suppresses the estrogen in a woman's body. If hers is already suppressed from the menopause, I'm afraid that it could make the transition even tougher for her with the Anavar (var) added in. IMO, I think you should wait to put her on anything. 1) Her body needs to adjust to it's own skin and hormones. 2) It's possible she could make more changes before jumping on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) wagon.;)

Redsquirrel, your advice is taken to heart as well. I think now she's willing to wait awhile before starting anything exotic for her system. She considers herself as a mother figure for me, so I have to consider what's best for her too. Mother-figure....yeah right. Here I consider myself as a really old fart amongst youngsters. We'll figure something out. I just want her to be happy and healthy without exogenous things.

RS.. good point on the post cycle crash.. although i have never experienced one from anavar, but other Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for sure!!! :)

good looking out spook!! I respect your concerns for your friend and i hope she appreciates all your luv for her!! I think her waiting or maybe weaning off the meds is the best bet for now...

Back