Looking for advance from folks who have been in my shoes

Hercdogg

Gents,
after pouring through the stickies and posts on here for the past couple weeks, I have to offer a huge thank you to all of those who came before me and documented your experiences for the benefit of newcomers like me.

I am almost 40, 6'3, 250, 20%body fat, and have been on 200ml IM TRT (also Arimidex) for the past 5 years. My initial test levels were less than 150 before I started my TRT, now on the last day before my weekly injection they are about 470. My diet is better than it was, but still could be vastly improved - I'm fairly strict paleo, but damned if I can quit the beer, haha!

I initially came here because I searched for a way to help with excess body fat and putting on a bit more muscle. I carry it all in my belly, and I'm down from 300lbs a year ago. After reading the forums, I have these goals:

1. Reduce BF
2. Gain Muscle
3. Not do irrepreable damage in the process.

Can anybody offer any insight on any additions to my current regimen I should explore in order to reach these goals? I know it's diet, diet, diet and train, train, train, but I also believe I could benefit from a bit of help pharmaceuticals as well. I've seen people post about HGH, DBOL, Win, Tren, T3, etc and after a while I just realized that I need somebody who's been there and done it in my shoes (or close to them) to guide me in the right direction.

Thanks very much for any help, it's truly appreciated.

It sounds like your on the right path my freind and like a breath of fresh air, your mind is in the right place....sound teachable:). Anyways, stick around for some real solid advise. It will come...

Btw, I'd like to help, but I really havnt been where you are/were. I know diet it key first and foremost. With that I say good luck brother!

Hi mate looking forward to seeing some responses for you.

Hopefully people will help you but i can offer my personal experience. I can't say if I'm right but this is just what i found. I've never used HGH but i don't think its for me. As for the others i found i get a lot of retention on Dbol, winstrol is generally used to dry out and show striations in muscles you won't be needing this right now, and could cause injury to joints. I've used tren before and honestly for me it caused psychological issues. T3 if used correctly can have good results with clen. I have always enjoyed using anavar on a cutting cycle tho

I know you don't want to hear it but you can't out train a bad diet it will be key for losing this weight. For me when shredding the fat fasted cardio seems to be the dark horse. Don't have to do too much at once with diet and cardio, just week by week up it to keep you weight loss on track. Also set less generic goals. rather than lose fat set a smaller goal of this week I am going to lose 2lbs or drink only 2 pints. just an example.

Anyway someone will probably tell you I'm chatting shit but thats just my opinion.

Hey, thanks man - I 100% agree that you can't out train a bad diet. I am no stranger to a fairly brutal training regimen and I've seen my body go to shit during it because I neglected my diet. I've also seen me get fairly lax on training but if I was spot on with my diet, I would still lose weight.

I work out because I enjoy understanding and pushing my limits, and trying to prevent the ever-increasing threat of age induced muscle atrophy.

I'm not looking to be an underwear model. My friends tell me I have the perfect face for radio. With that said, I have appreciated what TRT has done for me and I figured I'd like to experiment with a safe 'next step' just to see if there are any returns there worth chasing.

In the end, I know that diet will be the key to losing the fat. If I can find anything out there that helps me burn a bit more while putting on some more muscle and not doing any long lasting damage, hey I'm all for trying.

I'm not really looking to dry out or show super definition/striations. I'd just like to be a bit bigger/stronger/leaner at the end of this than I was at the beginning.

I guess I'm looking for advice on a mild noob stack if there is such a thing, haha.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

Welcome to the forums from another 40ish! Go natty as much as you can, include more MTC oil from coconuts for your mid-section stomach fat. This will help alot, please keep us posted on your progress!

Hey, thanks man - I 100% agree that you can't out train a bad diet. I am no stranger to a fairly brutal training regimen and I've seen my body go to shit during it because I neglected my diet. I've also seen me get fairly lax on training but if I was spot on with my diet, I would still lose weight.

I work out because I enjoy understanding and pushing my limits, and trying to prevent the ever-increasing threat of age induced muscle atrophy.

I'm not looking to be an underwear model. My friends tell me I have the perfect face for radio. With that said, I have appreciated what TRT has done for me and I figured I'd like to experiment with a safe 'next step' just to see if there are any returns there worth chasing.

In the end, I know that diet will be the key to losing the fat. If I can find anything out there that helps me burn a bit more while putting on some more muscle and not doing any long lasting damage, hey I'm all for trying.

I'm not really looking to dry out or show super definition/striations. I'd just like to be a bit bigger/stronger/leaner at the end of this than I was at the beginning.

I guess I'm looking for advice on a mild noob stack if there is such a thing, haha.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is an eca stack for fat loss. They were outlawed in the 90s but you can Google how to buy the right combo over the counter from your local pharmacy.

Can't recomend a test blast with BF that high. Honeslty if it were me, i would diet and cardio the fat off my body, then run a test blast.

There are many different diets out there. It all comes down to calories in and calories out. Slowly lower your caloric intake and kick up the cardio. You will constantly lower calories and increase cardio to keep from stalling out the fat loss. Worse thing you can do is fall into a rut with your diet and training. It needs to be constantly changing. Keep doing this and I gaurentee you will loose BF.

Bring BF down to under at least 15% and then run a 400-500mg a week test blast for around 12 weeks to pack on musle mass. Of course with the correct diet.

There is a whole section of this board dedicated to dieting properly.

ECA works no doubt! Just be cautious, especially if you tend to have an addictive personality, like me. The "E" aka ephedrine is a powerful little sucka and imitates speed quite well...just saying. That's why you have to show ID to even buy it, it's one of the ingredients in meth. Don't F with it if you can put it down n be done when it's time.

Are you doing TRT with a Dr, or on your own? you could always change up your pin frequency to something like 140 mg of test every 5 days.
What does the rest of your blood work look like?

A paleo type diet is great for dropping off the pounds, and your 100 # loss to date is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Are you doing TRT with a Dr, or on your own? you could always change up your pin frequency to something like 140 mg of test every 5 days.
What does the rest of your blood work look like?

A paleo type diet is great for dropping off the pounds, and your 100 # loss to date is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Thx sir - I am doing TRT under the care of my urologist. He's been incredibly supportive and has been willing to change dosage based on how I feel, not what the numbers say, so needless to say, he's not been a slave to a spreadsheet and cares most off about how his patients are reacting to TRT. I can't say enough good things about him.

I also know him well enough to be honest with him about wanting to see if there's anything else medicinally I can do in order to grow a bit more strong and lean but it sounds like from the folks on here that I need to lose more BF first and then worry about a stack.

That's news that I expected, but didn't necessarily want, haha. No free lunches, and no magic pills! I guess I'm just curious if I could still get stronger without losing the BF first and if so, would gear help accelerate that strengthening process.

Thx sir - I am doing TRT under the care of my urologist. He's been incredibly supportive and has been willing to change dosage based on how I feel, not what the numbers say, so needless to say, he's not been a slave to a spreadsheet and cares most off about how his patients are reacting to TRT. I can't say enough good things about him.

I also know him well enough to be honest with him about wanting to see if there's anything else medicinally I can do in order to grow a bit more strong and lean but it sounds like from the folks on here that I need to lose more BF first and then worry about a stack.

That's news that I expected, but didn't necessarily want, haha. No free lunches, and no magic pills! I guess I'm just curious if I could still get stronger without losing the BF first and if so, would gear help accelerate that strengthening process.

interesting, please keep us posted on your progress :)

The honest truth is it is diet and training.

Are there drugs available to help? Yes, but the vast majority of them are intended to assist with small losses in fat. ECA is a good choice if you're not stimulant sensitive though.

I've been in your shoes (was 6'7", 500 - now 6'7" 329 after dropping down to 279 and working my way back up. ), and I've honestly tried just about everything, diet is seriously it. Skip the cardio though; it sounds counterintuitive, but unless you're in a super hurry (which never works), a recomp is best by building lean muscle mass - which will increase your metabolism, reducing fat.

Be consistent, drop the beer, and MASTER diet. Its can be done, just takes time and a grip of perseverance.

My .02c :)

Back