Mail order options for Cyp prescription refills?

AverageMan

My company provided mail order prescription program refuses to fill Cyp prescriptions. I'm relegated to driving around town and dealing with local pharmacies that are a complete pain in the a$$ about filling my cyp prescription.

1. They will only give out 1ml bottles of Cyp.
2. They never have more than 2 in stock so I end up having to go back every 2 weeks and waiting around 20-30 minutes for them to fill the script.

Do have I any other options for filling my script? Forum vendors, speak up!

Thanks,
Shawn

My company provided mail order prescription program refuses to fill Cyp prescriptions. I'm relegated to driving around town and dealing with local pharmacies that are a complete pain in the a$$ about filling my cyp prescription.

1. They will only give out 1ml bottles of Cyp.
2. They never have more than 2 in stock so I end up having to go back every 2 weeks and waiting around 20-30 minutes for them to fill the script.

Do have I any other options for filling my script? Forum vendors, speak up!

Thanks,
Shawn

Costco.com, Walmart.com and I think CVS or Walgreens also offered mail ships for prescribed drugs. Unfortunately for you, it's your insurance dictating the silly 1ml vial horseshit as it prevents abuse somehow and follows some thinly veiled attempt to rip people off in the name of safety.

My insurance (after several YEARS of battling with them) finally started offering to cover my testosterone cypionate; 1ml vial at a time, with a 15 dollar copay. One 10ml vial costs around 45 bucks from the pharmacy with a goodrx coupon - so I'm sure you can see why I pay out of pocket for my 10ml vials. It may be worth looking into, just an FYI. ;)

My .02c :)

Costco.com, Walmart.com and I think CVS or Walgreens also offered mail ships for prescribed drugs. Unfortunately for you, it's your insurance dictating the silly 1ml vial horseshit as it prevents abuse somehow and follows some thinly veiled attempt to rip people off in the name of safety.

My insurance (after several YEARS of battling with them) finally started offering to cover my testosterone cypionate; 1ml vial at a time, with a 15 dollar copay. One 10ml vial costs around 45 bucks from the pharmacy with a goodrx coupon - so I'm sure you can see why I pay out of pocket for my 10ml vials. It may be worth looking into, just an FYI. ;)

My .02c :)

Actually, I'm in the same boat as you - I'm paying for this 100% out of pocket using goodrx to reduce cost (insurance is not involved). My challenge is the local pharmacies are paranoid and will not give out anything but a 1 ml bottle. So far I've been to (2) major pharmacies chains and both refuse to give out a 10ML bottle. The kick in the pants is a 10ML costs ~$50 but the 1ML goes for around $11 - so that's $50 VS $111. Big difference in price.

I'm not trying to skirt the system, but rather not get bent over by over protective pharmacists.

Actually, I'm in the same boat as you - I'm paying for this 100% out of pocket using goodrx to reduce cost (insurance is not involved). My challenge is the local pharmacies are paranoid and will not give out anything but a 1 ml bottle. So far I've been to (2) major pharmacies chains and both refuse to give out a 10ML bottle. The kick in the pants is a 10ML costs ~$50 but the 1ML goes for around $11 - so that's $50 VS $111. Big difference in price.

I'm not trying to skirt the system, but rather not get bent over by over protective pharmacists.

Have you explained to them you're paying out of pocket? I had that problem with my CVS until I sat down with the head pharmacist and explained that not only was I paying out of pocket, so insurance rules don't apply, but also that the cost of 1ml vials were 3x more for the same amount. I had to flirt a little, but she put a note on my account, and I haven't had an issue since. :)

My ins. company makes me go to cvs. They will only fill the 1ml. vials also, but said it was something to do with new rules about a vial expiring once the seal is broken. I actually get more Test, supposed to throw the extra away! There is also a new law about scheduled drug refills only allowing 30 days refill. Don't know if this with affect testosterone or not.

My ins. company makes me go to cvs. They will only fill the 1ml. vials also, but said it was something to do with new rules about a vial expiring once the seal is broken. I actually get more Test, supposed to throw the extra away! There is also a new law about scheduled drug refills only allowing 30 days refill. Don't know if this with affect testosterone or not.

The 1ml rule is actually a guideline that insurance companies are choosing to follow. Which unfortunately also is getting pharmacies to quit stocking 10ml vials, so there's a wait time for us self-pay guys.

No, only schedule 2 and 1 I believe. I know that I'm still able to do my test, which is for 8 weeks - but I have to turn in paper scripts for my adderall every month.

We are talking prescription here.... So I think we are not violating any 'ology rules.

I have a script. Have your doc write it for 10cc. I go to Costco and with insurance it cost me $5 bucks. I flirt with quitting my job so I asked them about paying without insurance and I think it was $48 dollars (us). I'll check for you when I get home. Also you can use the Costco pharmacy even if you don't have a membership.

The expiry rule is not new... seems like pharmacists and doctors have long been ignoring their own rules about multi-use vials expiring 28 days after opening.

My TRT clinic orders my test in 4mL vials from a compounding pharmacy.

We are talking prescription here.... So I think we are not violating any 'ology rules.

I have a script. Have your doc write it for 10cc. I go to Costco and with insurance it cost me $5 bucks. I flirt with quitting my job so I asked them about paying without insurance and I think it was $48 dollars (us). I'll check for you when I get home. Also you can use the Costco pharmacy even if you don't have a membership.

Wow! I had to drop Costco as their online service stopped sending me 10ml vials no matter what I said. Must be an online issue only there.

The multi-use vial expiration is a suggestion, not a requirement btw.

CDC said:
When should multi-dose vials be discarded?
Medication vials should always be discarded whenever sterility is compromised or questionable.
In addition, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) General Chapter 797 [16] recommends the following for multi-dose vials of sterile pharmaceuticals:
  • If a multi-dose has been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured) the vial should be dated and discarded within 28 days unless the manufacturer specifies a different (shorter or longer) date for that opened vial.
  • If a multi-dose vial has*not*been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured), it should be discarded according to the manufacturer’s expiration date.

The manufacturer’s expiration date refers to the date after which an unopened multi-dose vial should not be used.* The beyond-use-date refers to the date after which an opened multi-dose vial should not be used.

The beyond-use-date should never exceed the manufacturer’s original expiration date.

Source

Wow! I had to drop Costco as their online service stopped sending me 10ml vials no matter what I said. Must be an online issue only there.

Yep - I love consistency! I've heard the local Walmart will give out 10ML but their price isn't the best. ($78)

And yes, the doc did write the script for 10ML - turns out the Walgreens near my house will only stock (2) 1ml bottles at any one time. This means I have to visit every 2 weeks = PITA. During my last visit, the worker asks "how many do you want".. now at this point I'm not going to blurt out "you only gave me a max of 2 in the last", so instead I day - hit me for (4). "sure" she says. Then I wait around for 15 minutes as she fills the script. When I get called, back to the counter, she says "well, we only have 2 in stock so check back in a few says to see if we have more"

I will NEVER go to Walgreens again.

Yeah, it's crazy how different things are at different pharmacies. Heh, I had Walmart deny me syringes WITH a script, because they don't want to support IV drug users. Good times!

Yeah, it's crazy how different things are at different pharmacies. Heh, I had Walmart deny me syringes WITH a script, because they don't want to support IV drug users. Good times!
I have to argue with the DICK head pharmacist at cvs about syringes every time I have my scrip filled also. The women there always just give me what I ask for, the main man gives me a hard time. CVS policy is that if you are a drug addict you must contract HIV also so they can have a new lifetime patient...

Back