make sure the needle is all the way in when you aspirate... lol

My wife is an RN and she does my injects when I do my glutes. She asked me a couple weeks ago why I aspirate and I was like what do you mean? She said they never aspirate when giving injects and I started thinking about it and it's true. Out of every inject I have received from a Dr, RN or whoever I have never seen them aspirate. I even get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) shots in the glutes and I have never once seen them aspirate.

Not saying you shouldn't do it, I still do and tell her to. But I would imagine if it was a real problem then all medical professionals would be mandated to do it.

My wife is an RN and she does my injects when I do my glutes. She asked me a couple weeks ago why I aspirate and I was like what do you mean? She said they never aspirate when giving injects and I started thinking about it and it's true. Out of every inject I have received from a Dr, RN or whoever I have never seen them aspirate. I even get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) shots in the glutes and I have never once seen them aspirate.

Not saying you shouldn't do it, I still do and tell her to. But I would imagine if it was a real problem then all medical professionals would be mandated to do it.

My wife is a rn as well and she never aspirates when giving injections.

It depends on the substance being injected. Some substances you should always aspirate before you inject.
All AAS you defiantly should....

Not a big deal...give me a break! Dont be spreading this crap on the forum please!

I've experienced the consequences of only nicking a vien several times.

Its not fricking fun.

Was kinda thinking the same thing...I get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) every week and then pin myself again in a week..The clinic has NEVER aspirated, man they stick and go, usually take about 3 seconds???? BUT I do aspirate when I pin, I have ALWAYS read to?????

And all these videos including the nursing ones ASPIRATE. Please find one that instructs them not to... I couldnt find one.

Last edited:
Was kinda thinking the same thing...I get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) every week and then pin myself again in a week..The clinic has NEVER aspirated, man they stick and go, usually take about 3 seconds???? BUT I do aspirate when I pin, I have ALWAYS read to?????

The people at your clinic are idiots and careless.

I would have to agree. They are careless. They are thinking that the probability of something going wrong is so slim so why take the time.

think of it this way... if they fuck up in the clinic they can cardiovert you there.... do you have a defibrillator at home? and someone to use it on you? let alone inflate a collapsed lung?

It depends on the substance being injected. Some substances you should always aspirate before you inject.

Not a big deal...give me a break! Dont be spreading this crap on the forum please!

I've experienced the consequences of only nicking a vien several times.

Its not fricking fun.

Ummm... can you point out exactly where I said it is not a big deal? Guess not, because I never said it, so STFU. If you actually took the time to comprehend what I was stating, you would have notice that I stated I always do it. I was mearly making an observation of what thousands of medical PROFESSIONALS do everyday.

I would have to agree. They are careless. They are thinking that the probability of something going wrong is so slim so why take the time.

Like I also said, my Dr's office never aspirates on my injects either. I'm sure there are many others that don't as well.

Ummm... can you point out exactly where I said it is not a big deal? Guess not, because I never said it, so STFU. If you actually took the time to comprehend what I was stating, you would have notice that I stated I always do it. I was mearly making an observation of what thousands of medical PROFESSIONALS do everyday.

Don't get offended with these guys. Theyre obviously tryin to help you. This is some seriously good advice directly related to your saftey and well being.

If you don't want anymore advice then I suggest you keep tellin these guys who know a hell of a lot about AAS to stfu.

Don't get offended with these guys. Theyre obviously tryin to help you. This is some seriously good advice directly related to your saftey and well being.

If you don't want anymore advice then I suggest you keep tellin these guys who know a hell of a lot about AAS to stfu.

Well actually I never asked for advice in the first place. I was merely presenting an observation and dude chimed in as if I was saying do not aspirate.

I seldom post as you can see by my post count. There is enough info out there that merely searching will answer just about every question I may have. So I am not worried about defending myself and pissing someone off.

Bottom line... If he would have actually read my post he would have seen at the end I supported aspirating and this conversation would not have gone here.

Did I put that is quotes? Negative... You and a couple others are making it seem like its no big deal.

You were "...making an observation of what thousands of medical PROFESSIONALS do everyday."? So you've observed thousands of medical professionals that don't aspirate when injecting? I think you are jumping to an illogical conclusion from your wife's observations at her workplace...

If you do some research you'll observe that all the instructional videos and written instructions from accredited sources will instruct the person injecting IM to aspirate.

Any medical "professional" that doesn't aspirate when injecting AAS IM are careless,idiots or just misinformed.

Careless assumptions shouldn't be
slandered....

Get mad... I dont give a damn buddy.

Getting mad wont change the fact that you and your wife are wrong.

:elephant::elephant:

Last edited:
lol... dude I ain't mad, far from it. Frustrated that someone jumped to a conclusion after not either, fully reading, or comprehending my post? yes. Had you taken the time to read my post entirely (and the one or two afterwards where I again stated my position on this) maybe then you would have seen where I was coming from.

Ok granted, thousands is an over-exaggeration in the fact that I am only looking at two sources.

Every inject I have received (I am in the military and have received countless shots) has been as quoted, no aspiration. My current testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) Dr, no aspirations.

My wife, going through nursing school, working at 3 different hospitals has seen MANY people from Dr's to anesthesiologists to RN's giving injects. SO I believe she gives a pretty good body of evidence. I also gave a call to my mother (RN for 30 years), my sister-in-law (RN for 10 years) and my brother who is currently in nursing school and guess what... NO ASPIRATIONS!

Now granted, both my wife and brother mentioned that it was covered in nursing school but there was very little, if any, emphasis put on it.

So, with that said, my observation seems to be pretty correct. Many in the medical professional world do not use this practice.

Am I saying we shouldn't? NO I AM NOT. Once again I aspirate and will continue to. I would recommend to anyone that is not a medical professional to aspirate just to be sure since you don't have medical equipment or a staff there to support you in case something goes wrong.

Just because you're so sure of yourself ythrashin and are ripping a trained medical professional but yet you are not correctly informed of modern injection practices, I figured I'd post the contrary information for your education.

Many current nursing training programs, the CDC and many Hospital regulations (from what I've found researching and after asking my related medical professionals) DOES NOT call for aspiration of most IM injections and especially not in the case of SC injections (I believe I've posted this before). Here are some quotes for you:

Aspiration is the process of pulling back on the plunger of the syringe prior to injection to ensure that the medication is not injected into a blood vessel. Although this practice is advocated by some experts, and most nurses are taught to aspirate before injection, there is no evidence hat this procedure is necessary.

The practice of aspiration has been added and eliminated based on anecdote, assumption, and arbitrary choice for decades and is not based on scientific evidence

There is no reported evidence that aspiration with or without blood return:
•confirms needle placement
•eliminates the possibility of an intramuscular injection into a non-subcutaneous blood vessel

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued an online summary of the seven major changes made by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) in the new "General Recommendations on Immunization,"

"Previous versions of the General Recommendations have recommended aspiration (i.e., gently pulling back on the plunger to check for blood before injection) prior to injection, particularly before intramuscular injection. No data exist to document the necessity of this procedure. The 2002 CDC General Recommendations on Immunization does not recommend aspiration before injection."

Before administering an injection, it is not necessary to aspirate, i.e., to pull
back on the syringe plunger after needle
insertion.

Of course, if you are so inclined, you may aspirate (and I usually do regardless) but according to most health care workers and publications, you are not really any safer aspirating than not. Its the choice of the person injecting whether or not to do it, so stop being such a dbag towards people that disagree with you or point out information that conflicts with your opinion.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ed/encntrs02/downloads/enc02_admin.pdf

http://www.stti.iupui.edu/pp07/vancouver09/41810.Crawford, Cecelia L.-F 10.pdf

IAC EXPRESS - Issue #297

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2020.pdf

I also realize that most of these quoted articles relate to vaccinations, however those are just the most common types and thus talked about most frequently and the advisories apply to all types of injections.

Come on please find a reliable source that says you dont need to aspirate when injecting AAS....

That was a pitiful attempt...

Almost all those are strictly about vaccinations...

If you wouldve read this entire source you posted it plainly states:
"Aspiration is not indicated for IM injections of vaccines and immunizations(2,5)
Aspiration maybe indicated for IM injections of large molecule medications, such as penicillin"

"Until a standard can be determined, injection techniques must be individualized to the patient, the equipment, and the medication being administered in order to decrease the risk of incorrect needle placement"

Organizations which state aspiration is not necessary for immunizations & vaccines are(1,3,15):
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
Department of Health Services (DHS)
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
U.K. Department of Health (DoH)
World Health Organization (WHO)
http://www.stti.iupui.edu/pp07/vancouver09/41810.Crawford, Cecelia L.-F 10.pdf
Vaccines!!!^^^^

You threw in SubQ/SC injects...thats the first its been brought up. You are absolutely correct.

Jesus christ, please read your sources and actually comprehend them....:shoot7:

Just to let you guys know the only place I've ever nicked a blood vessel was in my quads...Never in my glutes or shoulder.

Also...yes I do purposely try to get you guys riled up. I find the reactions amusing and funny.

Also it gets you guys looking for information....and yet you didnt bring me any credible or reliable information. All the junk you posted supports what I already said and doesnt back you up at all.

How to Administer Depo Testosterone | eHow.com

Last edited:
Back