MRI today

b_saan

Say a prayer, got the MRI on my knee done today, my doc thinks my ACL and PCL may be anywhere from damaged to torn completely :nonono2: from the motorcycle accident. I'll find out friday. On the plus side they locked up my leg in one of those sexy full leg immobilizers... lol.

Say a prayer, got the MRI on my knee done today, my doc thinks my ACL and PCL may be anywhere from damaged to torn completely :nonono2: from the motorcycle accident. I'll find out friday. On the plus side they locked up my leg in one of those sexy full leg immobilizers... lol.

I have had 2 ACL replacements in my right knee in the last 4 years, also am missing 40% of my meniscus in my right knee. I got the cadaver ligaments both times. If you do need to have surgery, hopefully you don't, you are looking at anywhere from 4 to 6 months before you are back to normal. The biggest thing for me was making sure you get your motion back as soon as possible. I walked out of the hospital after my second surgery, and had full motion back by day 4 and started therapy at day 5 with zero swelling left. My therapist didn't believe I had the surgery less than a week before. Ask your doctor when, and how much weight you can put on it and start walking as quick as you can to prevent muscle atrophy the best you can. I don't know your history as far as injuries go, but ice the hell out of it and keep it elevated and wrapped fairly tight at all times. You should be able to bend your knee at least to 90 degrees right away per doctors orders, as both of my knee surgeries permitted it. The quicker you get the swelling down, and motion back, the easier your recovery will be. Good luck!

Any word on your knee yet?

Yeah just got the review, ACL is perfect but PCL unfortunately is partially/mostly torn. Lots and lots of bruising on the bones and muscles, inflamed tendons but no other tears on anything else and the meniscus and cartilage is all intact. Going to have to start rehab for 4-6 weeks and see how the knee stabilizes meaning im in a locked hinged brace for awhile with no weight on it. After that he's going to recheck it to see if I need to have it repaired. Not fun but I'm blessed as it could have been oh so much worse.

Ya I had a lot of bruising on my femoral and tibial plateaus from the bones smashing and grinding together. Good thing no cartilage was damaged, that's the worst stuff as far as recovery. They had given the option for me to wait and do therapy on my shoulder surgery, I figured it this way and maybe having another point of view may change your mind, but for me it made no sense to wait a month to six weeks to see if my injury would get better just to have to have the surgery anyways. I always just had the surgeries done to fix it and get healed as soon as possible. I don't know your situation and if the surgery would prevent you from working, or with how damn expensive surgeries are now a days if it is financially viable for you to get the surgery. But it never made sense to me to wait the surgery out, when most likely you will need the surgery. Good luck to you and I wish you the best, keep us updated!

I agree with you on the surgery option really but it's a moot point at the moment as he can't operate on it anyway for a few weeks until the swelling goes down enough to get in there. At that point I'll figure out whether or not I should just have it done, appreciate the advice.

I agree with you on the surgery option really but it's a moot point at the moment as he can't operate on it anyway for a few weeks until the swelling goes down enough to get in there. At that point I'll figure out whether or not I should just have it done, appreciate the advice.

Oh, well in that case I guess you are killing two birds with one stone. Waiting for the swelling to go down and also seeing if you can get away without surgery. No problem! If it is one thing I can give advice on, it would be injuries, surgeries, and recovery haha.

Back