My supplement review

Painful Pleasure

Big Bad Booty Daddy
These are supplements I did long time ago. I wasn't going to post on here about this but I noticed a lot of you are wasting your money.

My Reccomendation:
You only need protein powder and a multivitamin for suppleemnts, that's it!

Stuff I've used:

Universal M-Stak= crap, just over priced vitamin with flavones

Creatine: has never worked for me

No-xplode = they should change the name to butt xplode. good for energy (because it's loaded with caffeine.) gives pumps but with proper exercise you should see pumps just fine. gives diarrhea and cramps. made me puke the first few tiems i used it.

Always Young Renewal hgh spray = obviously fake crap. dont buy it. the only real hgh is illegal and costs ton of money.

ZMA = waste of money unless you're older than 35.

Tribulus = waste of money unless you're over 35

BCAA pills = okay i guess but costs too much money

I dont remember the other useless crap i used.

Dont' use muscltech products they are crap.

Dont buy "fat burners" they are just over priced caffeine pills.

Last edited:
Painful Pleasure said:
These are supplements I did long time ago. I wasn't going to post on here about this but I noticed a lot of you are wasting your money.

My Reccomendation:
You only need protein powder and a multivitamin for suppleemnts, that's it!

Stuff I've used:

Universal M-Stak= crap, just over priced vitamin with flavones

Creatine: has never worked for me

No-xplode = they should change the name to butt xplode. good for energy (because it's loaded with caffeine.) gives pumps but with proper exercise you should see pumps just fine. gives diarrhea and cramps. made me puke the first few tiems i used it.

Always Young Renewal hgh spray = obviously fake crap. dont buy it. the only real hgh is illegal and costs ton of money.

ZMA = waste of money unless you're older than 35.

Tribulus = waste of money unless you're over 35

BCAA pills = okay i guess but costs too much money

I dont remember the other useless crap i used.

Dont' use muscltech products they are crap.

Dont buy "fat burners" they are just over priced caffeine pills.

And you are who ......?

Any reason why we should take your supplement advice?

My own supplement advice:
Creatine. That's it.
All the rest is either overpriced, or a poor replacement for real food. Not necessarily bad, just redundant.

Stuff I tried:
glutamine
BCAA
vitamines
tribulus
ZMA

ZMA - Great for sleep for me at least.. much better than melatonin
CEE - Just started taking this in plain form, I had good results w/ a mixed form
Taurine - Same
AAKG - Same
CLA - Don't know about this one, seems like I've gotten leaner but could be placebo

This is an interesting thread. I take fish oil caps and a multivitamin but I don't physically feel a difference or see a noticeable difference from taking them. Except for bright yellow pee from the multi. But yet I continue. It can be tricky to know what's crap and what isn't. The research behind multi's and fish oils speaks for itself though.

It's hard to argue that creatine isn't effective when it has study after study showing how effective it is, and you see bulletin boards like this one with posters saying how creatine is wonderful.

Creatine is effective and it works. Unfortunately there appear to be what is termed 'non-responders'. Apparently you are one of them. There are tricks to get your body to 'respond', I don't know all of them, but adding your creatine to a high dose of simple carbs helps. Also, maybe try other forms of creatine and see if that works. I think EAS has a better absorbed form of creatine with simple sugars and taurine in it you could try.

But to say creatine doesn't work just destroys your credibility. It's like saying gear doesn't work.

I'm also not sure of what you mean by 'fat burners' being just overpriced caffeine pills. The e/c/a stack has been clinically proven to be extremely effective. But I'm not sure how many pills out there still contain ephedrine. But there is proof that egcg helps with fat loss and many others. The anarchy stack comes to mind with cla, green tea, etc. Stuff like that might be overpriced, but they do contain more than just caffeine.

Having made a few points, I do agree with the spirit of your post, which is that most supps out there don't do what they claim, or they do it so mildly it doesn't really matter.

The two supps that seem to hold the most promise and might be the next creatine in terms of effectiveness, are citrulline malate and beta-alanine. Both look incredibly promising, actually.

Miss Muscle said:
This is an interesting thread. I take fish oil caps and a multivitamin but I don't physically feel a difference or see a noticeable difference from taking them. Except for bright yellow pee from the multi. But yet I continue. It can be tricky to know what's crap and what isn't. The research behind multi's and fish oils speaks for itself though.

You shouldn't really notice a difference when taking vitamins unless you are deficient in some area. Vitamins are more of a long term strategy.

However, many people say after a few weeks of taking fish oil, they do notice a difference in terms of clear headedness. I also read where many people after stopping the fish oil feel their thinking is sluggish or they just feel 'fuzzy'. I'm not sure if any of this has been borne out with research, but from the many posts I've read on other forums, this seems to be the pattern. Also, fish oil tends to help pretty well with chronic pain.

I remember oce at the doctors I had given a urine sample and it looked radioactive, I was taking a shed load of nat. supps. and aas, I looked at him smiling and he looked at me and said, "expensive piss." Thats funny.

GigGuns21 said:
I remember oce at the doctors I had given a urine sample and it looked radioactive, I was taking a shed load of nat. supps. and aas, I looked at him smiling and he looked at me and said, "expensive piss." Thats funny.

Doctors hate vitamins. They also tend to think steroids are worse than heroin.

Some of them want years of double blind studies on them, however that isn't going to happen, and the few studies I've seen are pretty much worthless.

Some don't like them because if in fact they do work, that means less money for them.

Back