Necessary to run EQ through Whatham filter?

InsuranceMan

I have my oil heated and combined the EQ. Is it necessary to run it through the Whatham? It's like pushing glue into a pin hole, freakin hard as nails. Thanks.:confused: :confused:

I would say that removes the majority of the bacteria when looking at that and baking. When I made my deca I could only get 20ml thorugh a filter before it clogged. It does go slow, never done eq though, so I dunno how hard it should be to push through.

I pushed for about 45 minutes and got about half through. Heated it in the microwave which helped. I managed to push the plunger past some of the EQ in the syringe tube. What a hassle. I need to do some more testing before attempting to make 50ml. Thanks for the info.

you got a .45 micron filter or a .22? heat the entire solution on a hot plate til its good and warm. not too hot to damage filter though. 100ml per filter is no prob if everything is in order. takes about 15 minutes tops. this goes for deca cyp enan tren or whatever. look in the mirror and make sure you are holding your mouth right as well. lololol what size pins you using if any?

Filter size, who the heck knows. I used the one that came with the 10g conversion kit. I was using 18g to push and a 18g to vent. Damn thing still wouldn't work worth a damn. I figured it out that I made 46ml, so I lost about 4 ml in the process. I'll take it as a learning experience for the next one. That was my first crack at homebrew.

If the solution is still quite warm it is no problem to run it through a filter. I guess the obvious question is not what size pin you use but what size syringe your using. The larger the syringe, the harder it is to push it through a filter. Never use any larger than a 10ml syringe. Hope this helps.

i use a 20 no prob. 10 is better thoough. the size of the filter is written on the package it came in. if its a 22 you will be pushing for a while

Heat doesn't always help. My deca was making the syringe "soft" from the heat, and the filter was FINISHED after 20cc. And after 30cc of enanthate. Makes me worried because I feel since I made high concentrations this time that is what clogged it up, although I hope that is not the case.

Deadlift said:
Heat doesn't always help. My deca was making the syringe "soft" from the heat, and the filter was FINISHED after 20cc. And after 30cc of enanthate. Makes me worried because I feel since I made high concentrations this time that is what clogged it up, although I hope that is not the case.

if the syringe is getting soft you got it too hot and may have damaged the filter. no reason that 100ml wont go thru one filter even at 500mg/ml concentrations. are you using .45s?
you are doing something wrong.

pullinbig said:
if the syringe is getting soft you got it too hot and may have damaged the filter. no reason that 100ml wont go thru one filter even at 500mg/ml concentrations. are you using .45s?
you are doing something wrong.

Bro it wasn't hot enough to damage anything, just saying the warmyh made it a little softer, heat will do that. Even running warm water over a syringe softens it up. You tell me what I did wrong then, cause there is no fucking way 100mls was going through.

Deadlift said:
Bro it wasn't hot enough to damage anything, just saying the warmyh made it a little softer, heat will do that. Even running warm water over a syringe softens it up. You tell me what I did wrong then, cause there is no fucking way 100mls was going through.

without being there I cannot tell you what you are doing wrong. i just threw out a couple of ideas. i get 100ml thru one filter all the time. could get more but thats where i cut it off. i am not being ugly just trying to help you by sharing my years of experince in this area. I'll put it like this, there is something you can do different to make it work better. I have made several batches of 500mg/ml and never had a problem with any of them. the only time i have ever had a prob with filters was from making tren the old fasion way with pellets. i use powder now and have no probs. dros, test, tren, eq, deca, winny.... no probs on any of them. we are doing something differnt. good luck

Back