Need a reminder as to why I shouldn't do steroids (19 years old)

Tonyy926

My buddies and I are so keen to do them. We've been lifting about ~2 years now, made some decent gains but I know the goal body I have in mind isn't attainable naturally. I know its a horrible idea at this age but I just need a friendly reminder as I'm extremely temped at the moment to run a cycle of ~500mg test E and see where that takes me.

Have some extra cash this christmas too so as you can imagine, I'm very tempted...

Thanks guys

2 years wtf? I trained 8 years natty and didnt start until i was 25 straight off a meth addiction. No need to start yet your bot gonna accomplish much without experience and building a solid foundation, slow down!

youll shut down your own natural test production and never be able to get your dick hard again. the girls will hate you and laugh at you and call you a loser.

I started wayyyy to early at 21 years of age.

Sure I got stronger but what came along with it was not worth it!

Just to start with my sec drive was destroyed for years. Not to mention feeling lazy with no motivation while off cycle.

Odds are you will never wanna train without aas again.

Fast forward I'm 40 married to test injections. Did I mention I was just gonna do one maybe two cycles?

Talke your time kid and enjoy life!!

the last and I mean last thing you need now is aas. Keep training learn how to eat and train right. Think about later i know it's almost impossible to do at your age.

Just curious, what is your height, weight and body fat percent? Lets see where two whole years of training has gotten you.

IF your a 19 year old guy , that weighs about 210+ pounds at 5'9" or so , and you bench press 405 pounds for reps, and squats 5 plates (each side) during your normal leg workout, and you have top tier genetics , THEN maybe you might have a possible career in this sport, or be able to make $ and a living . THEN maybe, just "Maybe" going down the road of taking gear might make sense. again, because your betting the farm on it, your dedicated and plan on making a career out of this sport and your willing to risk your health and your future on that goal.

BUT , if your an average run of the mill 19 year old gym rat, thats weighs 180 pounds soaking wet, that maxes out a bench of 225 lbs and has never even had 3 plates on the bar to squat. then your genetics suck like most the rest of the guys at the gym . your not going anywhere in this sport . so why risk your health and your future running gear at 19 when its not going to get you anywhere. other then maybe thrown in jail . don't forget its probably illegal where you live

just my 2 cents

Always laugh when I hear bodybuilding referred to as a sport

definition of 'sport' - an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

^ sounds like competitive bodybuilding to me . or professional bass fishing. or ryder cup golf. or ping pong. all sorts of shit. sounds like baseball too i guess

Just because bodybuilders are athletes doesn't make bodybuilding a sport.

Its a beauty pageant. If one of them arm wrestled, tripped, or picked up another guy it would be a sport.

You have to pay for a Pro card. What legitimate sport makes athletes pay a fee to compete professionally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwECwhbDPVk

Last edited:
definition of 'sport' - an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

^ sounds like competitive bodybuilding to me . or professional bass fishing. or ryder cup golf. or ping pong. all sorts of shit. sounds like baseball too i guess
even sex. :whipping:

Just because bodybuilders are athletes doesn't make bodybuilding a sport.

Its a beauty pageant. If one of them arm wrestled, tripped, or picked up another guy it would be a sport.

You have to pay for a Pro card. What legitimate sport makes athletes pay a fee to compete professionally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwECwhbDPVk

I agree with Kozmo. There is a difference between sports and athletics. In sports you have to put a move on somebody who is trying to impede you. In football 11 guys want to tackle you. In hockey a goalie is trying to stop your shot from going in the net. In boxing someone is blocking your punches and trying to knock you out with an uppercut.

In golf it doesn't really matter what the other person does. His game doesn't really affect your game. It isn't like he can block your shot when you putt or tackle you as your tee off. Same with bodybuilding. Great athletes, but unless I can tackle them while they are doing deadlifts and take their knees out while they are squatting it isn't a sport.

I agree with Kozmo. There is a difference between sports and athletics. In sports you have to put a move on somebody who is trying to impede you. In football 11 guys want to tackle you. In hockey a goalie is trying to stop your shot from going in the net. In boxing someone is blocking your punches and trying to knock you out with an uppercut.

In golf it doesn't really matter what the other person does. His game doesn't really affect your game. It isn't like he can block your shot when you putt or tackle you as your tee off. Same with bodybuilding. Great athletes, but unless I can tackle them while they are doing deadlifts and take their knees out while they are squatting it isn't a sport.

this makes sense . but if true then a great deal of olympic sporting events are not technically sports then . like for example

- swimming ? Michael Phelps the greatest oylmpian of all time never really competed in a 'sport' to win all those golds. because swimmers have to stay in their own lane and not put a move on another swimmer
- diving
- all of track and field events
- ski racing
- bob sleding
- power lifting
-olympic weight lifting
-gymnastics
- shooting sports
etc etc etc. i could go on.

pretty much just boxing, wrestling , polo, basketball are the only sporting events in the olympics and the majority of the events are not 'sports' *

* even though they are done competively one person against another for entertainment and sporting purposes . which is what defines 'sport' :)

Last edited:
Yep. Most stuff in the Olympics is athletics. Still impressive nonetheless; but not a sport. Pole Vaulting is fun. Pole Vault Jousting takes it to a whole new level though. :)

Did you know the IFBB tried to get bodybuilding in the Olympics?

Is Bodybuilding a Sport?
Some prefer the quantifiably objective measure of who won or lost alluded to in the Olympic motto, "citius, altius, fortius." But how do we define who has won or lost in bodybuilding? Others have taken the original words of Baron De Coubertin to heart--"O Sport, you are Beauty"--and prefer to remind us that sport's beauty is in the eye of the spectators and participants. Still others are caught up in the quixotic task of safeguarding the sport's sacrosanctity against those who would tarnish its perceived purity. And like it or not, bodybuilding has a tarnished image.
So what is sport? In Sociology of Sport (1973), Edwards arrayed play, recreation, contest, game and sport (in that order of progression), clarifying the differences between each. According to Edwards, as one progresses along the continuum from play toward sport, the following dynamics manifest themselves:
Activity becomes less subject to individual prerogative, with spontaneity severely diminished.
Formal rules and structural role and position relationships and responsibilities within the activity assume predominance.
Separation from the rigors and pressures of daily life become less prevalent.
Individual liability and responsibility for the quality and character of his behavior during the course of the activity is heightened.
The relevance of the outcome of the activity and the individual's role in it extends to the groups and collectivities that do*not participate directly in the act.
Goals become diverse, complex, and more related to values emanating from outside of the context of the activity.
The activity consumes a greater proportion of the individual's time and attention due to the need for preparation and the*degree of seriousness involved in the act.
Given these social dynamics, Edwards defined sport as:
...involving activities having formally recorded histories and traditions, stressing physical exertion through competition within limits set in explicit and formal rules governing role and position relationships, and carried out by actors who represent or who are part of formally organized associations having the goal of achieving valued tangibles or intangibles through defeating opposing groups.
Edwards' definition is widely quoted to this day. But there are others. Luschen (1972) defined sport as "an institutional type of competitive physical activity located on a continuum between play and work." Kupfer (1975) viewed sport as "structured stress." Still yet, Yiannakis et. al. (1976) chose to view sport as a more global activity (playful to some, recreation for some, and work to others), rather than imposing definitional boundaries.
By whatever definition you choose, bodybuilding and all other sports currently under the Olympic umbrella qualify as sport, notwithstanding the fact that the Executive Committee recognizes bodybuilding as a sport.

Bodybuilding as an Olympic Sport?

Back