New gym.

TTORO

Well, i bought a gym and would like to pull in as many customers as possible. Reason im posting here is this is the type of bodybuilders i want opinions from not a 45 year old mom, Not that i have anything against them. I figure theres less in here. So what are some ideas to get attention. So far i have a Grand Opening, advertisement, a free membership raffle. Please help. appreciated.

Howabout First month free advertisement in a local paper ? Where are you opening up at ?

Opening up in Jersey. Im thinking how to add a free month in there. Maybe for the grand opening.

Cool...in South Jersey ? I'm just outside of Philly. I could stop in when I'm down the shore if it is in fact South Jersey.

North Jersey. but u never know u may end up up here. I close in about a week and a little nervous. Need some input as to what is a good protein shake. I personally love dymatize. tastes greaatt with some crushed ice. maybe some bananas. Wondering what products would sell also. besides usual belts gloves straps.

TTORO

Just get one of those big see through glass door refrigerators and load it with carb and protein drinks. They sell at the gym I go to.
Oh, and the protein bars like...Designer Whey , they sell alot of different bars. Good Luck on your Grand Opening Bro !!

Peace Oz

Check out the hours of the other gyms in the area. If they all close at 10 then stay open till 12 and you will get some of the second shift workers. Gym I used to go to changed to 24hrs and had a bunch of new members (even though the place was a ghost town at night).

Good stuff. Have to make sure its cost effective. We stay open til 12 now but going longer will raise electric bill and also have to pay someone. Still kicking it around though.

Thanks.
TTORO

Id say running any kind of grand opeing special is a good idea. A gym by me opened up with 9 months for $99 and I know of at least 10 people that belong to my gym who got a memebership there. I have no clue if that would turn a profit but hey, those guys buy shitloads of carb/protein drinks.

hey bro what town in north jeasey is the gym in. I live in morris county, maybe if its close i will check it out.

definatly offer a couple of free visits, also a nice fridge with some recovery drinks, fat burners, ect is always a plus. Dont know if you really want to sell any supplements, most gymes that carry them are a little more on the pricey side so people do not even bother to look. Good luck!

tanning beds..tanning beds..tanning beds..if you dont have them, get them..they pay for themselves ina moth or 2...keep the supps a cash business if you can..you can hide money that way..and try to get hooked up with a finance company for membership financing..then your guaranteed to get your money if they quit ion you..and use a checking account or debir for members to pay from..not a credit card if you can stay away from that..credit cards are toeasy to cancel, and most dont like to cancel and reopen checking accounts....that way you get your money..

E

just outa curiousity, how much money does it take to open a gym? id love to do this someday. like otherd have said, tanning booths, and protein/recovery shakes sill sell like crazy. also maybee hire some PT's and offer them to members fora fee. lots of people will apy food money for there help.

what type of specials do you have going? Any special lettering, if not make it look hardcore.....

I don't live in jersey but if you need any help what so ever feel free to pm me

TTORO said:
Well, i bought a gym and would like to pull in as many customers as possible. Reason im posting here is this is the type of bodybuilders i want opinions from not a 45 year old mom, Not that i have anything against them. I figure theres less in here. So what are some ideas to get attention. So far i have a Grand Opening, advertisement, a free membership raffle. Please help. appreciated.

The funny thing about that is you may only want opinions from bodybuilders but your bread and butter will be from the soccer mom's. Why do you think even Gold's has changed their image.

IMO if I was to ever open a gym it would have too completely different areas for the two different classes. Different music and everything. Mostly cardio equipment and some Nautilus equipment in the one room with pop playing and all free weights and hammer strength with deadlifting platforms and such with Metallica blaring non stop in the other. :rockband:

Re: Re: New gym.

mvmaxx said:
The funny thing about that is you may only want opinions from bodybuilders but your bread and butter will be from the soccer mom's. Why do you think even Gold's has changed their image.

IMO if I was to ever open a gym it would have too completely different areas for the two different classes. Different music and everything. Mostly cardio equipment and some Nautilus equipment in the one room with pop playing and all free weights and hammer strength with deadlifting platforms and such with Metallica blaring non stop in the other. :rockband:

thats the biggest downside i can think of about opening one. id like to open a more hardoce one, but the gym most are gonna want are gonna ne just like all the others. i like your idea about the two different rooms, but rember a lot of thsoe soccer moms are using the freeweights now too. it would be very ahrd to accomodate both.

My gym claimed 3,000 new women and 2,000 new males by running a $99 for 1 year membership (new members only). I pay $40 a month.

They also changed thier name to include FITNESS in the title to be less intimidating to the women.

Re: Re: Re: New gym.

bronco944 said:
thats the biggest downside i can think of about opening one. id like to open a more hardoce one, but the gym most are gonna want are gonna ne just like all the others. i like your idea about the two different rooms, but rember a lot of thsoe soccer moms are using the freeweights now too. it would be very ahrd to accomodate both.

Yeah but you could have a few free weights and stuff in that area.

I'd want a huge basement and call it "The Dungeon". Nonstop Metallica and Korn playing. :evil: :D That'd be sweet.

Back