New here, have a question

GeezerB

I've been on TRT since July. I am now self injecting. I am still adjusting my dose as I can't seem to find the best zone. I was put on 200 per shot (weekly) by my Dr. After a 2nd blood test of over 1000, he felt I should reduce to 60%. I tried this but find my gym time to be less than spectacular. I recently upped my weekly dose to about 80% of the 200ml. I feel much better but my biggest "side effect" is I am sweating all day under my armpits. It is becoming an embarrassment as I work in an office. This happened earlier in the beginning but was greatly reduced when I dropped the dose.
I just turned 58 years old & have been going to the gym 4-5 days a week since I was 21. I can't tell you how much better my muscle recovery is now that I am on TRT. The only thing in my way is I tend to push too hard & have experiencing small muscle injuries. That's something I have to work out on my own.
Thanks for having this forum, I learned a lot in the last 3 hours of viewing prior posts. GB

What is the question? Is increased sweating a normal side effect of TRT? Not that I've experienced or read about here or anywhere else so far. Unscientifically, I think my sweat smells a bit different on TRT, but I haven't noticed any increase in the amount.

Make sure you stay on top of HCT... seems to be more of an issue for us older guys.

I don't sweat more on TRT, but on high dose test cycles I do. Try a new anti-perspirant. Possibly upping your sodium + electrolytes and taking creatine might help... I'm only speculating here though as they do help with water retention. I'd imagine if you're retaining more you'd secrete less in the sweat... try it and let us know lol.

What is the question? Is increased sweating a normal side effect of TRT? Not that I've experienced or read about here or anywhere else so far. Unscientifically, I think my sweat smells a bit different on TRT, but I haven't noticed any increase in the amount.

Make sure you stay on top of HCT... seems to be more of an issue for us older guys.

My post was both a question and an introduction.
Thanks for the replies.

Update; I have traced my excessive sweating to caffeinated coffee. I always have 2 cups when I get to my office. Now 20 minutes later the sweats begin. Last for hours. Could the caffeine be causing this reaction?

I sweat alot too under my arm pits...
Watch, Watch HCT on that dose. As we men get older HCT rises more it seems.

I sweat alot too under my arm pits...
Watch, Watch HCT on that dose. As we men get older HCT rises more it seems.

Pardon my ignorance (new to this), what exactly is HCT? Is there a link where I can do my research? Should I discuss this with my Dr?

Hematocrit - also known as packed cell volume (PCV) or erythrocyte volume fraction (EVF), is the volume percentage (%) of red blood cells in blood. It is normally 45% for men and 40% for women.

TRT increases the amount of red blood cells in the blood - so you may want to start donating blood as often as possible.

It's a win-win - you lower HCT - AND save lives! :)

I just got back from a visit to a Men's clinic that specializes in HRT. My Original Dr was not versed in side effects & had no answer. After a blood test the new doc determined my T level was a bit high & my Estrogen level was high, causing the sweats. He gave me a bottle of Arimidex. Only taking 1.5 pills a week. So far I feel better but it's only been one day. My T dose will be 150. At 200 I was over 1150. I will check back later & post my results. I will have blood work on a monthly basis.

Be careful with that amount of adex if its 1mg. On your dose you should only need 0.5mg - 1 mg per week total

Lowering your E2 too much has side effects as well.

Back