New, need advice...

nevaeh

Hello, I have been browsing this website for the past few days, and I am so glad that I found it. Here's my situation: I used to be in the Army and had very good eating habits and workout routines. I got married after leaving the service, and had two children. I have gained almost 60 pounds in the past five years. I am 5'6'' and 182 right now. It is so depressing. My husband is always in the gym, and he is so into his training. He wants me to start working out with him, and I want to. My problem is: I don't even know where to start. I was thinking I should start out with cardio for 45 minutes a day, Monday through Friday, and add weights MWF. I want to get serious but I need some guidance. As far as diet goes, I need help there, too. Are the Myoplex shakes any good? A friend of mine did that "Body For Life" program, and she looks great; but I want to be more muscular than she is. My husband drinks alot of whey protein shakes. What is a good brand with quality protein? I have never wanted to be "skinny", but I need to lose alot of fat. How long do you think it would take before I can see results? The more that I see results for my work in the gym, the more motivated I will be to work harder. I have lost 30 pounds so far, just by upping my water intake, doing cardio, and leaving junkfood out of my diet. I was thinking about taking a fatburner, but I can't find a good one. I have tried Hydroxycut with Ephedra in the past, and it worked great, but they no longer sell it. The new Hydroxycut without Ephedra doesn't work for me. I also tried "Synedrex" made with Ephedra, and it gave me headaches. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long post, but I need your help!

well... it seems that your husband is pretty knowledgable. you may want to follow some of his advise too. lets begin with training, cardio 45 minutes per day is good and lift 3 times per week. this is good for losing fat. now once you really get into building muscles for musculsrity thats too much cardio and weight lifting must be intense. nutrition: myoplex is a good strart. it should be 6 meals a day. usually spread out every 2-3 hours. 3 must be whole foods, 3 can be whey shakes, MRPs, or MR bars. water, water, water. you can join your husband with the whey shake. it really doesnt matter what brand. its all about the nutritional content that they each differ in. . are opinions will give you a million different awnsers but i think me will all argree that whey is the best, especially isolate. noticible results will take a minimum of 12 weeks, it will take longer for you to drop 60 (or 30 pounds withthe 30 lbs weight lose) pounds though. the body for life prog is a good start for you. the book will give you a good bais for nutrition and training. ive read it. but it mainly for everyday people and i want to go to the next level. did you see results on Synedrex? if i was seeing results on it i would keep taking it even with the headaches. to me the pain is temporary but the results are worth the pain

by the way welcome to steroidology.

Synedrex

I did notice some results with the synedrex, but the headaches were really bad. I wonder if that is a side effect that will be less of a bother if I take it long enough. Maybe my body just needs time to adjust to it? Do you know anyone who has tried it? Also, what is a good amount of cardio to do in order to build muscle while burning fat? And, what are good meal replacement bars or shakes that are good? My husband is really gung-ho in the gym, he wants to get me on a cycle of Deca and Anavar, I really don't know much about steriods, so I'm really wary of it now until I am more in the swing of things, getting comfortable with my workouts at the gym. All answers are appreciated!

Welcome to the boards Neveah:)

looks like you want results QUICK... me too! That fantasy ended for me in a hurry when I learnt that nothing about this lifestyle is immediate or def. not easy!

What Im telling you is dont get discouraged like I have when I haven't saw immediate results. You have to play with your diet and your training till you see what works for you.

as for me, I feel that steroids should come in once you've hit an absolute plateau... when you've had your diet in check for years even, and you know you can stick to a diet during your cycle, and you have experience behind you. and just a tip - dont trust men with cycle suggestions, do your own research!! lol.

as for diet chic muscle said it all. small meals every 3 hours. protein, protein protein... in the summer I do weights 4 times per week. circuit type of training, with high, till failure, reps. If your intested just let me know and I will give you an example program! cardio is best in the morning on an empty stomach. I do approx. 40 mins, aim for 3 times per week in the am. A lot of girls will do more but I am concerned about muscle loss.

Sorry for the long post and good luck:p

Re: Synedrex

nevaeh said:
Also, what is a good amount of cardio to do in order to build muscle while burning fat? And, what are good meal replacement bars or shakes that are good?

Usually, you dont burn fat and build muscle at the same time. you do one or the other. thats why bb'ers bulk in the winter and cut in the summer (im sure your husband does this;) )....

if you feel you have extra body fat, maybe its best to do all high rep stuff, with HIIT cardio so you dont build muscle under the fat and look bulky. If I were you, I would concentrate on fat loss now, and then if you wanted more muscle mass, start lifting heavier, lower reps in the fall, and eating more calories!!:40oz: then cut in the spring again. sound good? lol, good luck
:D

On top of eating six small meals a day, using you're meals and/or snacks, be sure to include some good fats in your diet as well. Stay clear of the FAT FREE stuff...hehehe...cuz if it's fat free, it usually has something else unwanted added into it. Opt for lower fat versions instead of fat free.
I would also suggest adding some Udo's Oil into your eating plan as well. This will ensure that you are taking enough good fats into your diet. I myself prefer the actual oil over the capsules cuz I have to take far too many capsules to get the required dosage. I would suggest at least one tablespoon a day of the Udo's Oil. I'd prefer you to take two in but if you want to start with one and the progress up to two tablespoons a day, that's all good too.
Oh and btw, welcome to Steroidology. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here. :)

Fyre said:

I would also suggest adding some Udo's Oil into your eating plan as well. This will ensure that you are taking enough good fats into your diet. I myself prefer the actual oil over the capsules cuz I have to take far too many capsules to get the required dosage.

Fyre, to you have udos oil everyday all year long? even when you need to cut up real tight?

chichy

nevaeh said:
I did notice some results with the synedrex, but the headaches were really bad.

My husband is really gung-ho in the gym, he wants to get me on a cycle of Deca and Anavar, I really don't know much about steriods, so I'm really wary of it now until I am more in the swing of things, getting comfortable with my workouts at the gym. All answers are appreciated!

if the head aches are really bad you might want to try clen, but some people get really bad head aches with that too. may be a good old ECA stack might do you good. i dont remember if i already said this, when i was on DNP i had extrodinarily bad headaches. they crippled me for a good week. they also made me throw up, i coudnt shift my head to certain positions or my brain would throb, my eyes wouldnt stop tearing, and being in sunlight was not enjoyable.. but in the end the results was worth it. i love DNP. its was a great experience.

before you opt to go on a deca and anavar cycle, loose the rest of the fat first. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) do NOT burn fat. they assist in building muscle. right now, im trying to burn fat, so when i get ready to go on my next cycle ill focus on gaining muscle (and inevitably fat). i dont see how logical it is to gain muscle befor losing fat.

chichy

nevaeh said:
Sorry for the long post, but I need your help!

Prana said:
Sorry for the long post and good luck:p

i say only be sorry for a long post if your rambling about absoulty nothing, pointless crapola. you two are NOT in that category. nevaeh, how would we me able to help you if you didnt post your post? and Prana, you holding down some solid advise and personal experience. so i say, keep the long informational posts coming, my brain needs it!! :)

chichy

nevaeh said:
And, what are good meal replacement bars or shakes that are good?

you have tried meal replacement bars and shakes before, right? if you havnt, they may not taste all that wonderful. when i first started taking Myoplex MRPs years ago, they were AWFUL!! i had to force myself to drink that crap until i aquired a taste for it. now i love the strawberry, it even smells good.

be careful of the bars. the nutritional contents do not always truthfully claim what they really have. 1fast tested trioplex and they failed, and also detour bars which were damn near right on. there sugar was off my 2 grams, everything else was good. i like to throw in a detour bar here and there. i would be weary of low carb bars because they are notorious for there glycerol content. glycerol is a component of fat (fat is emulsified then broken down by enzyme lipase into glycerol and fatty acids).

personally i like myoplex strawberry meal replacement shakes and detour bars.

chichy

nevaeh said:
My husband is really gung-ho in the gym, he wants to get me on a cycle of Deca and Anavar, I really don't know much about steriods, so I'm really wary of it now until I am more in the swing of things, getting comfortable with my workouts at the gym. All answers are appreciated!

Nevaeh, I'm a natty too...that's why I am here...to get knowledge. First and foremost before you even consider doing a cycle get educated on it. If the idea "should I do it" comes to mind, chances are you shouldn't!!
Once "you" can say I'm ready to do it, then giddy up, giver a go!! That's where I am, I'm no where ready for it yet...

So I'm busting my ass in the gym and in the kitchen making chicken and yams... You'll achieve your goals, just keep working at it. Get comfortable in the gym, with your nutrition and bust your butt. When you incorporate the weights you'll see nice changes then!!

Not meaning to sound harsh or anything, just remember there's no easy way to do things...some things speed it up but not unless you have eveything else down path!

There's an old saying of "Use the tools you have to develop the tools you don't have"...

Last edited:
Clen

thanks for the nice words Chic;) ... I tried clen for the first time in march . no headaches, but the shakes are ridiculous!! even at a small dose. worst of all - training was going downhill becuase every time I trained my muscles locked up right when I was getting a good pump:rolleyes: ....... so lets just say I didn't stay on long enough and the rest is history

yohombine Hcl or even thermorexin (it has yoh. in it), gives me nausea for at least 4 hours... I remember throwing up at school last year , so basically fat burners aren't some free ride to fat loss!!

ps. im so tired of people who don't work out giving all the credit of lean physiques to steroids and fat burners., lazy bastards!! ;)

ok rant coming... i'm SICK TO DEATH of reading about men pushing cycles on their gf's and wives! deca? you've gotta be kidding me!

so many people abuse aas... rely on it completely for their success... when they could pick up a cookbook and tweak their splits and have results.

sparklylegwarmers said:
ok rant coming... i'm SICK TO DEATH of reading about men pushing cycles on their gf's and wives! deca? you've gotta be kidding me!

so many people abuse aas... rely on it completely for their success... when they could pick up a cookbook and tweak their splits and have results.

Here here!!!

Girl, stick around. Ask questions and learn.

Re: Re: Synedrex

chicmuscle said:
if the head aches are really bad you might want to try clen, but some people get really bad head aches with that too.

This lady is just started training! I'm not trying to sound harsh but why would she even consider clen???

Get the training and diet in order and go from there.

sparklylegwarmers said:

Exactly!

At this stage of your journey diet and cardio is key. You do not even need to consider aas. It sounds like you're doing a great job so far already losing 30lbs. Props to you girl! ;) Review your diet, keeping it as clean as possible, and go all out on your cardio. Those two things are going to be what get you where you want to be. Weight training (for now) needs to be secondary to cardio - dropping bodyfat should be your main focus.

IMO you should do a MINIMUM of 45min per day a MINIMUM of 5 days per week (double cardio sessions would be great if you can get them in).

We are all at different stages of trying to stay lean or become leaner and it's not easy... don't get discouraged. Although it is a gradual process, if you have your diet and cardio in order... it will happen for you.

Last edited:
ChicOnSwole said:
Exactly!

At this stage of your journey diet and cardio is key. You do not even need to consider aas. It sounds like you're doing a great job so far already losing 30lbs. Props to you girl! ;) Review your diet, keeping it as clean as possible, and go all out on your cardio. Those two things are going to be what get you where you want to be. Weight training (for now) needs to be secondary to cardio - dropping bodyfat should be your main focus.

IMO you should do a MINIMUM of 45min per day a MINIMUM of 5 days per week (double cardio sessions would be great if you can get them in).

We are all at different stages of trying to stay lean or become leaner and it's not easy... don't get discouraged. Although it is a gradual process, if you have your diet and cardio in order... it will happen for you.

gotta disagree. fat burning works best with cardio in conjunction WITH lifting. since she's a newbie, she'll have some gains with the fat loss.... which will raise her metabolic rate.

that much cardio will be too catabolic... and cardio is actually less efficient in fat burning.

sparklylegwarmers said:
gotta disagree. fat burning works best with cardio in conjunction WITH lifting. since she's a newbie, she'll have some gains with the fat loss.... which will raise her metabolic rate.

that much cardio will be too catabolic... and cardio is actually less efficient in fat burning.

Oh oh oh!! I love the way you think!!!

rubberduckyo said:
Oh oh oh!! I love the way you think!!!

heh... it's true! i do the minimum cardio i have to. when i stall and all the diet tweaks have been exhausted, THEN i increase the HIIT in my schedule.

also NEVER drop cals if you stall. there are often ways around it...

Back