No gym workout for skinny ass white kid. Help probably needed.

my_life_be_like

Background: Used to be short and fat 2 years ago, now im tall and skinny. Still have a little fat around my stomach and extremely out of shape.

Problem: Want to lose the fat around my stomach and tone my body. (abs especially) Don't have a gym membership and I'm a full time student with a full time job.

Idea: A short 40-45 minute workout.

15 minute run
25 pushups
10 minute ab workout
25 pushups
Pyramid curls with dumbell

Of coarse this is only a start and the pushups and curls will increase as my endurance does. Do you guys think this simple workout, performed 4 days a week will help me achieve my goal?

My goal: Get in shape and look good.

note: lower body is not a problem. nothing small down there.

my_life_be_like said:
Background: Used to be short and fat 2 years ago, now im tall and skinny. Still have a little fat around my stomach and extremely out of shape.

Problem: Want to lose the fat around my stomach and tone my body. (abs especially) Don't have a gym membership and I'm a full time student with a full time job.

15 minute run
25 pushups
10 minute ab workout
25 pushups

Of coarse this is only a start and the pushups and curls will increase as my endurance does. Do you guys think this simple workout, performed 4 days a week will help me achieve my goal?

25 cockpushups....i mean seriously you left it out..

my_life_be_like said:

15 minute run
25 pushups
10 minute ab workout
25 pushups

It will make SOME difference. You will lose some bodyfat probably.

Sorry that wasnt very useful.

Id do some complexes with your DB, some sprint HIIT cardio and get your diet sorted. Better results with same equipment and time.

Your better off doing more exercises to work your whole body and probs spread it over 2 days. Below is what I would do, try use this as a guide to help you out. I reckon with a good diet and determination it should do the trick.
Day1
Chest-bi's-legs

Pushups 3 x 15 (try keep these controlled you wanna feel it work)
Dumbell flyes 3 x 15
Dumbell bench press 3 x 10

Hammer curls 3 x 15
Bent over concentration curl 3 x15

Squats 3 x 15-20

Day 2
Back-Shoulders-Triceps

Dumbell bent over row 3 x 10
Dumbell upright row 3 x 10
Dumbell shrugs 3 x 15

Seated Arnold press 3 x 10
Dumbell Lat raises (side, front and back) 3 x 10
Dumbell Shoulder Press 3 x 10

Tricep extensions 3 x 15
Close grip pushups 3 x 25
Tricep kickbacks 3 x 15

Work your abs every other day I'll let you decide which day to run it on.
Go for your jog after your workout its always best to do cardio after weights so you can give it your all when lifting.

Last edited:
if your a full time student i would see if your school has some sort of gym you can workout in. if so, take a look at some of the routine's that are posted on here, and pick the one that would best suit what your looking to achieve. i would recommend the 5x5 routine. you can check my journal and i have 2 5x5s in there, one in the beginning and one im doing currently. If not, then i would stick to plyo's and iso's. structure your workout around pushup's pullups and chinups. you can throw in crunches as well. if you've got db's you can find at least one exercise per body part that you can do with them. dave's guide above is fine.

Back