Non-Sterile Whatman Filters

BigRonWannabee

With the sterile whatmans backordered everywhere I looked, I just got some non-sterile whatman .45's.

Could you theoretically sterilize them by running some rubbing alcohol through them then just purging it with some sterile oil? OR am I just wasting my time and should bake my homebrew for sterility?

Speaking from a bacterial/infection point of view, the non-sterile are just as good if you are pushing through tren that has BA/BB in it. The reason is that the BA/BB will kill everything anyway, so it does not matter whether the filter is sterile or not.

The only reason you would need a sterile filter is if you do not have something like BA/BB included in the solution that is being filtered.

2Thick said:
Speaking from a bacterial/infection point of view, the non-sterile are just as good if you are pushing through tren that has BA/BB in it. The reason is that the BA/BB will kill everything anyway, so it does not matter whether the filter is sterile or not.

The only reason you would need a sterile filter is if you do not have something like BA/BB included in the solution that is being filtered.
I dont know why I never thought of it like that, thanks!

Back