noob to Maximus and HRT

grilla_b

Hey guys, Jeff here. I'm 33 and I used to compete in natural bodybuilding and powerlifting back in 01-06. In 07 lost the will to train / compete and it's been meatball subs and chinese buffet ever since.

about four months ago a buddy of mine told me i might have low test so I started doing some research and I tried to go through a reg endo to get setup with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and wasted a ton of time and $$ in the process.

I finally stumbled upon steroidology and team Maximus.. I emailed Chip, had my blood drawn and had my consult today. So far i can only say good things about Chip / Maximus.

Chip had some major shit going on today but he still took the time to answer all of my questions and get me squared away.

I'll be posting my progress here and look forward to getting my life in gear / slaying some tang!

thanks guys, I'm psyched to say the least.

My current stats are
height: 5'10
weight: 195
body fat percentage: 26

labs
total test 284 ng/dl
total estrogen 57 pg/ml
SHBG 27.9 nmol/L

My goal is to get my BF down below 15% and maintain that and put on muscle.

In the past when I've dieted for shows I would lose a considerable amount of muscle. I hope that I can leverage off the anabolic effects of the HRT to maintain and build some muscle while I strip the fat.

Chips putting me on 200mg's every 5 days of test cyp along with HCG and anastrozol the day after each test injection.

My game plan is to eat clean. For me that's a paleo style diet (veggies, fruit, meat, nuts and seeds). I plan on eating around 2200 cals a day to start with and see how it goes. I'll avoid fruit / carbs at night.

I'll hit cardio 1st thing in the am 4 days a week to start with 30 min session of fast walking through the hills around my house.

Weights I'm gonna hit with a 5 day split working everything once a week except calves and abs which I plan to hit 3 times a week.

I'll train with light to moderate weights and high reps to start with to avoid injury. Then I'll mix in some powerlifting as i progress.

I'll take some before pics and post them with new pics from time to time. Maybe every two months or so.

Aside from bangin my wife a new a-hole I'm looking forward to getting into a good grove again and get my ass back in shape.

Have you guys found that you've been able to increase your training volume on HRT?

heck ya grilla ! I train like an animal being on Chips program.

I am doing 45mins a cardio 4-5 mornings a week then 1.5 hours of weightlifting in the afternoons 5 times a week. I have goten constant weekly gains in the gym while cutting fat at the same time.

I am glad you mentioned Paleo diet. I have been trying to maintain Paleo for 7 months now. That shit works for losing the fat. The hardest part for me is getting the proper post work out carbs in while staying Paleo. They say to eat sweet potatoes post work out. no fruit or rice or bread or potatoes post work out which is hard to do.

awesome man, if you don't mind me asking what's your current protocol like? Have you had to make a lot of changes since you got started?

yeah Paleo is great. I was really skeptical at first cause i *hate* fad diets though now i wouldn't call it a fad diet. I just think it's the way we're meant to eat

My wife talked me into to doing it and i really feel great eating paleo. I used to have insane gastro issues... ask my wife and she'll tell you all about it lol. Now those issues are GONE... no bloating or gas ever.

heck ya grilla ! I train like an animal being on Chips program.

I am doing 45mins a cardio 4-5 mornings a week then 1.5 hours of weightlifting in the afternoons 5 times a week. I have goten constant weekly gains in the gym while cutting fat at the same time.

I am glad you mentioned Paleo diet. I have been trying to maintain Paleo for 7 months now. That shit works for losing the fat. The hardest part for me is getting the proper post work out carbs in while staying Paleo. They say to eat sweet potatoes post work out. no fruit or rice or bread or potatoes post work out which is hard to do.

Well my gear showed up today and now I can finally get started! I am totally jacked up about gettin back on track!

Nice! did you start today or are you gonna start tomorrow? have you pinned yourself before?

My wife is an RN so she'll help me out. Can't puss out in front of the wife :tounge2:

Are you gonna take some before pics?

Back