Not hating, but.......

not really sure what a picture of me has to do with anything....i'm around 210....i'm to fat to take be on cycle right now...i'm not retarded...just pointing out how stupid your logic is

if you can reach 200 naturally why wouldn't you just try to reach 220 naturally if your goal is size?

you just kept trying to justify the use of steroids for someone who is larger....which is bro science at its finest

and i love that u say you can judge if i'm ready to take an AAS by looking at me....if that is what u think then i think u missed the entire purpose of joei rock's post to begin with

Really? I was responding to your post not joei rock's. I am generalizing when I say show me a picture and I can tell you if you are ready for AAS usage.

If you aren't using to increase muscle mass, what are you using for? Your logic is not sound.

not really sure what a picture of me has to do with anything....i'm around 210....i'm to fat to take be on cycle right now...i'm not retarded...just pointing out how stupid your logic is

if you can reach 200 naturally why wouldn't you just try to reach 220 naturally if your goal is size?

you just kept trying to justify the use of steroids for someone who is larger....which is bro science at its finest

and i love that u say you can judge if i'm ready to take an AAS by looking at me....if that is what u think then i think u missed the entire purpose of joei rock's post to begin with

You serious man? This site is full of "bro science" and thats what we are all here for, we want to know what "bros" have experienced, and learn from the guys who have been at it the longest. If you don't want bro science go to your MD and tell them you want to cycle, I'm sure they and your insurance company would be happy to give you some "real science" straight from their no experience, read it once in a book knowledge base. Now there is plenty of scientifically backed info on this site, but all that came from 'bros' doing research and sharing what they learn.

You serious man? This site is full of "bro science" and thats what we are all here for, we want to know what "bros" have experienced, and learn from the guys who have been at it the longest. If you don't want bro science go to your MD and tell them you want to cycle, I'm sure they and your insurance company would be happy to give you some "real science" straight from their no experience, read it once in a book knowledge base. Now there is plenty of scientifically backed info on this site, but all that came from 'bros' doing research and sharing what they learn.

to me that isn't bro science....bro science are statesments such as "squatting below parallel is bad for your"...and "carbohydrates make you fat"....in other words i think that bro science is simply myths that get passed along by word of mouth as fact when they have no factual merit

stories from experience are one thing bro science is something completely different

Last edited:
Really? I was responding to your post not joei rock's. I am generalizing when I say show me a picture and I can tell you if you are ready for AAS usage.

If you aren't using to increase muscle mass, what are you using for? Your logic is not sound.

when did i say people don't use steroids to get bigger muscles?....must have missed that one

in that case i'd love to see the "science" saying that somebody who is larger is more ready for AAS than somebody who is smaller

and you are correct...doctor's have no experience when it comes to to hormonal balance in the human body....doctor's only spend 8 years or more in college and specialize in studies of the human body :Pat:

Last edited:
in that case i'd love to see the "science" saying that somebody who is larger is more ready for AAS than somebody who is smaller

and you are correct...doctor's have no experience when it comes to to hormonal balance in the human body....doctor's only spend 8 years or more in college and specialize in studies of the human body :Pat:

I think your missing the point Dr. Manu, you come here and not to your doctor because you want advice from people with real life experience, go to your Dr and ask what dose you should run your tren at with 500mg Test E and your flagged for life. Come here get someone with experience to help you and you save yourself a lot of trouble. I'm not saying Dr's don't have their place in the mix but that you come here to learn from those that have already learned. "bro science" can be w/e you want it to be thats not the point of my post. And I didn't say anything about larger people being more ready for AAS, thats not an argument i would ever make because there are too many other variables to factor in

I think your missing the point Dr. Manu, you come here and not to your doctor because you want advice from people with real life experience, go to your Dr and ask what dose you should run your tren at with 500mg Test E and your flagged for life. Come here get someone with experience to help you and you save yourself a lot of trouble. I'm not saying Dr's don't have their place in the mix but that you come here to learn from those that have already learned. "bro science" can be w/e you want it to be thats not the point of my post. And I didn't say anything about larger people being more ready for AAS, thats not an argument i would ever make because there are too many other variables to factor in

the thing about larger people being more ready for gear was in response to another post...

and if u are truely doing your research with AAS....there are real books out there about steroids and dosages written by real doctors...

How come it seems like AAS is being used more and more by guys who aren't ready on this site (compared to when I first lurked here in 2008) and others are encouraging them. I swear, back in the day (if 4 years ago is back in the day) the admin's, vets and longtime members were blasting guys more so than now about proper usage. I know the information is all here if you just look around, but too many people want that "quick fix".

I don't go through a ton of threads, but I would say close to half, if not more, that I see are guys that shouldn't even be thinking about gear and yet they are on their third cycle.

Am I mistaken? Are guys just too stubborn nowadays? Vent over......

so True !

not trying to justify anything or anyone starting too early or overweight but it seems like powerlifting is a forgotten sport on this website. a lot of those dudes use gear for the strength gains. they could care less about having a six pack. some of the strongest motherfuckers in the world have beer guts and use roids lol. i'm just saying.. however good diet, ai's, post cycle therapy (pct), gear, all that shit should be thoroughly researched before usage.

i dont think it is soo much how much you weigh or your age...

research is key ... knowing wtf your taking , the pros and cons of it all , and being mature enough to make a decision for yourself...

i didnt do my first cycle until the age of 25.. and i was not ready what so ever .. i was listening to the advice of a friend that i thought knew wtf he was talking about .. and luckily i found this site and figured out my friend is a fuking moron and i had a lot of things to change up and prepare for (ei. PCT) ..

either way .. many could sit back and say i was lazy , or was just looking for a short cut b/c i was very over weight when i first started cycling ... but i have put in the time and effort .. adjusted diet accordingly.. and i bust my ass when im in the gym.. im now a few years older .. still training and working on my body.. i have made progress that i am happy with.. and i have actually recently made the decision to just cruise and blast...

my point is "ready" cant be judged by a number like age or weight ... its mind frame, and maturity IMO .. now maturity includes taking in advice from people who have been in the game for a while and gathering as much info as possible .. but you still have to make the final decision on your own!!!

Blast and cruise at what 28/29 years of age???

i definitely disagree...how is somebody more ready at 210 than somebody 165....just because the smaller person is naturally going to make quicker gains than the larger person doesn't one is "more ready" than the other

assuming both are healthy and have a good diet they are putting themselves at an equal risk

Biggest risk here is injury. At 165 pounds your tendons are no where near ready for strength gains from aas.

Your nati potential in my mind is when your strength has peak for more than 2 years. When you have changed your diet around many times and have stayed within a range. Thats it, you know when your there if you wait and ever get there that is.

Id say how much weight youve put on since starting to lift is more important than starting weight. Someone who weighs 200 naturally without ever working out/no diet knowledge is nowhere near ready for aas. However someone who started out at 120 and had made it to 170+ over the span of years clearly knows how to eat/train, and with proper aas knowledge could very well be ready to take the plunge.

There's a lot of bro-science in this thread. If you can't back up your statements with true scientific study or reference, you should at least use your own experience as an example. It does not help to simply tell a young person that you started AAS way too early and now regret it. You need to illuminate by example. Under what circumstances did you start? What was the result? What happened to you because of your use? Good things? Bad Things? Did early use cause permanent damage? What do you have to do now to overcome that damage? What is your life like now?
To merely say "I regret it" does nothing to convince young people to wait.
Proper use of AAS with proper post cycle therapy (pct) should not damage an athlete of any age (provided he is done growing) Ology is loaded with all the info anyone needs to get started, including solid scientific reports and strong empowering personal anecdotes and experiences.
We should share our actual stories... Not just hollow "opinions"

i'm gonna be blunt and to the point.. ur 6'1", 165lbs and u think u have the potential to be a pro... now for a wake-up... at that height u have very little chance of ever being competitive on a state or national level, never mind the pros... u will have to get up to at least 320-330lbs offseason and be no less than 280 on stage at 6-7%bf

only one bodybuilder in the history of the sport has ever won the Mr. O at 6' or more.. that was that Austrian guy named Arnold

lastly... I'm 5'"10" 240 and I'm way too small to ever consider being competitive

sorry for bursting your bubble, but that's just the way it is ;)

Shaun47... sorry for jumping in on ur thread... but this guy needed this

The world and this site in general has really slipped with Political Correctness. I support China for telling this guy the buck naked truth.

Opinions have been stated do what you want, don't spend time trying to convince people that your decision is the right decision. If that was your intention don't ask for opinions. You asked people gave, now do what you do

Back