Onk Spring 2016 Contest Prep

6:30am, got up at 6am

1am, woke up to pee, then ate 30g carbs
3am, woke up to pee, then ate 30g carbs
5am, woke up to pee, then ate 30g carbs
then had a semi-awake nightmare where I had to banish a poltergeist that was haunting my friends and I in this old hospital, because one of the girls was raped and couldn't let go, feeding it power. Was a scary dream.
** no cramps though!

just ate 80g carbs, no water at all since last night. looking very dry now, still got a bit more to go.

When I sit down shirtless, most of the year my lower abs and skin folds will be evident. Now they're seemingly gone, it's just taut.

Need some more carbs and breakfast soon.

Weigh in at 930am, then prejudging around midday.

Will post how I go in about 12 hours

re-cap of show #1 :D :D

I came 4th, nationally, in this Federation's over 90kg (200lbs). There was no weight category above this. The guy that won it was from my city, but the other guys were from other states. There were some big boys. As most were 5'6 to 5'9, whereas I'm nearly 6'2. 4th was a good outcome in my opinion, as the top 3 were either bigger and had better genetics than me or more shredded and just as big.

I'll have photos when I get them from my gf's phone tomorrow.

run down, we left off at 630am:

730am meant to leave for breakfast, gf was late, got there at 8
8am bacon and egg roll at special cafe that has an amazing and large one, not too far away, staying away from dairy, haven't drunk ANY water since 6pm yesterday
9am, weigh in, 94 kgs (210 lb)
10am THE FUCKING FEDERATION CHANGED THE SCHEDULE AND LET WOMEN GO FIRST. *** rant below
11am dehydrated and headaches start, I have a 1 hour sleep outside the auditorium with my feet up on a table that was covered specifically so I could do so
12pm womens still going....running out of food. 30 mins late so far
1pm gf brings me more food, as well as some sushi rolls which I destroy in quick succession
2pm lying down outside, chilling and talking to other competitors
3pm called back stage as my category is coming up. I don't believe them, but I'm already there so don't care
330 get my 3rd coat of tan done, now I'm looking dark and sexy
4pm my heat is still 3 away, which is 30 mins easily, knew I shouldn't believe them
430 start pumping up. as the area is outside...and it's cold today, it's very hard to do so. We'd walk outside the tarpolined area to do pullups on the fence posting and cop ridiculously cold wind to the face. Remember, we're only wearing posing trunks here
5pm finished pumping up, I'm a minimalist when it comes to it, as I lose definition doing TOO much here. Have a handful of all natural sugar jelly babies, then I'm ready for stage. Quick few pushups and then we're ready for stage.

blow by blow:
guy I'm next to I'd been hanging with all day, he ends up winning it and I didn't exactly look too big in comparison. He's just as lean, 10cm shorter and just as big. He had a BIG back and chest. Legs similar. Other guys that beat me were on the other side of the stage so we didn't get compared too much.

I obviously over did the water depletion, as I nearly fainted on staged, just AFTER quarter turns and mandatories. So I was at the back of the stage, but all of a sudden as I turned to walk back, my body was stupidly hot, hotter than I've ever felt it before. I was instantly drenched in sweat, I was dizzy and couldn't hear that well. Signaled one of the MCs quickly and walked off to the side. My gf didn't even notice so MAYBE the judges didn't. Sat down, caught my breath and was good to go again....but exhausted. Knew I wasn't going to be at my best now but dragged my ass through it!

Got lined up again and went through the regular poses one last time after they short listed us down to six remaining competitors (from around 18).

Quickly rushed off stage and SLAMMED 2-3L of water (1 gallon), a banana, few more lollies, then a hydration tablet. I didn't bother doing my 1 minute routine, I wouldn't have been able to, and it wasn't even marked so no problem.

6pm Guy that won my division, surprise surprise being the biggest div, won Overall winner as well.
7pm back home, 20 min shower just scrubbing and scrubbing off the tan, I'm still more tanned than most south americans would be right now....but now it looks like melantonin rather than fake tan, which suffices for a few days (and being back at work next week).
8pm dinner, I chose this place as it has a great cheese burger and a PB&J ice-cream sandwich for dessert. Fun fact, in Australia we call sandwiches "sambos" which is a racist slur in some countries. Please don't take offense when you see that on our menus. After the sambo (see?), gf and I drove home
9pm make my meals for next 2 days, already prepped the chicken, rice and veggies. Easy prep tonight.
930pm here I am writing this before I crash. Have to be up to do this all again for a friend doing bikini tomorrow

am absolutely buggered, but looked better than I ever have before. I will drink more water in 2 weeks for #2 comp (an IFBB one) and eat more bananas. Pretty hard to "spill" from to many bananas.

I had a truck load of fun, made some new friends and learnt that even though I may not be as big or lean as others, I can fucking out pose them on stage, cancelling their superior discipline (diet) or genetics (muscularity or relative time BBing).

Night!

*** to expand on my 10am comment....my whole day of meal prep was based around being on stage by 1pm and done at the latest by 3pm, which was a margin outside the standard deviation I allowed for. By changing the schedule, I needed to space out my food, meant i should have had less yesterday (potentially), drank more water (see my blow by blow for my issue there) and maybe arrived later and relaxed or slept at home. Some ppl wouldn't have allowed for this time difference like I did.

so I fucking hate it when Federations do these changes last minute, belies a lack of organisation and lack of respect for the competitors

another note, after a good 6L of water since I finished, 1.5 meals and a shower, I look very diff. I have none of the cuts between my body, now I look full. Funny how quickly we change.

Though, my lower belly skin still stretches a good 6cm from my body (2 inches)

Fantastic coverage of your prep. MY congrats on being so strict and taking such good note and passing them along. WE all learn some as well as have a good time reading about your days of prep and then all the way in... Woooo :dance2:

SO 4th nationally so cool... congrats.

Good deal Onk and thanks for this thread. .....

thanks guys.

after an 8h sleep, I feel back to 95%. It's 7:15am now, will go for a workout now, will start again from my chest/delt/tricep day...but will keep it light just to be safe

edit: but you watch, in 12h when I post today's log (I'll go into a bit of detail as post -show is tough as well), I'll have lifted my PB weights or something stupid :D

My hat is still off to you brother. Being tall means we have to be GIGANTIC to look the same as the short fellas. You brought your A game though, and there's absolutely nothing to regret in my book.

Much respect bud. :bigok:

Fourth Man good work looking good in the pics I think front double bicep was the best you look like a bad mofo in that picture congratulations it's a massive achievement just walking on stage IMO good work and perfect tan bro some of those other fellas look like they were in the toaster to long haha again very good work

Fourth Man good work looking good in the pics I think front double bicep was the best you look like a bad mofo in that picture congratulations it's a massive achievement just walking on stage IMO good work and perfect tan bro some of those other fellas look like they were in the toaster to long haha again very good work

thank you. It will be better in 2 week's time.

Spoke to zilla and we agree that my sodium intake was okay, potassium too low (esp when using diuretics) and electrolytes were prob too low as well. Carbs seem fine. The potassium/salt/electrolytes are the (seemingly) main cause for me being flat, whilst carbed up. That and not quite enough water in my body

thank you. It will be better in 2 week's time.

Spoke to zilla and we agree that my sodium intake was okay, potassium too low (esp when using diuretics) and electrolytes were prob too low as well. Carbs seem fine. The potassium/salt/electrolytes are the (seemingly) main cause for me being flat, whilst carbed up. That and not quite enough water in my body

Ahh you looked good man I don't know half as much as you brother but next time coming up to the show id throw in some trest to get those veins popping up like road maps it's my new fave compound oral or oil there both good

ending of show day #1
8-Oct

about 1030pm I had a massive bout of diarrhea. If I wasn't dehydrated and hadn't been eating copious carbs all day it wouldn't have been too bad...but instead it took 45 mins to pass and took a lot of effort.
thankfully, this means my gf was fast asleep by the time I got to bed so I didn't need to spoon her and just went right to sleep myself

9-Oct
back to the gym this morning

8amish chest, delts, triceps >> as predicted, I did lift heavy weights. couldn't stand doing light ones

3x8/8/7 incline press @ 160kgs
3x10 dip machine @ 140kgs
3x10 high cable cross overs

3x8 shoulder press @ 90kgs
4x10 side DB raise >> took a longer rest break between sets 2 and 3, as a girl started chatting me up about why I'm so dark today, so did another 2 sets to get back into it

3x8 tricep press @ 100kgs
3x10 overhead rope ext

pm
1 hour cardio
5x10 hanging leg raises
3x10 hyper extensions

diet back to normal as of this evening. I needed to have a slight refeed today as I was so exhausted, but I expected that. By 3pm I felt normal again

13 days until next contest, so I'll keep dieting down....though lets see how we go as I start my new job on Tuesday!

Ahh you looked good man I don't know half as much as you brother but next time coming up to the show id throw in some trest to get those veins popping up like road maps it's my new fave compound oral or oil there both good

I heard a shot or two of vodka brings out the vascularity while drying u out as well

10-Oct

back to normal now...for about another week before I need to peak again

am - legs of glory

3x8 back squats @ 140kgs
3x10 standing leg curl @ 45kg each
3x10 single legpress @ 120kg each
4x10 seated leg ext @ 110kg
had a 5min talk break with a mate whom just came in early
3x20/18/16 standing calf ext @ 125kgs
no seated calf ext today, body told me that was enough, calves still tired from Saturday, best to stop

pm
40 min walk, 30'C outside, went out in hoodie and got smashed with sweat just walking up hills in my local area

I'm hesitant to post any photos at present as the National comp is the Asia Pacific qualifier for the US Arnolds next year...so anyone coming top 3 gets fairly well known, and my face being on a steroid board wouldn't go down well....

show some pics with your face blotted out. maybe?:)

11-Oct

started back at work today. Can honestly say, I have NOT MISSED wearing a tie! it did feel weird being hairless in suit pants as well. they're all smooth and slippery. hours today weren't too bad, only so much you can learn in one day, got there at 830 and was done by 645. That'll get worse soon

am - back, rear delts, biceps >> got in at 630am since I got to start work so late!

3x8 lat pull down @ 120kgs
3x10 close grip row @ 100kgs (this is heavy for me, i made sure to really squeeze at the concentric part)
3x8/8/5 close grip pull down @ 80kgs (dying a slow death here, last set was annihilation)

3x10 underhand rope face pulls >> don't care about weight, just needs to hurt me to squeeze when pulling into my face and a slight pause/hold
3x10 bent over rear delt flys @ 14kg DBs, again, squeeze and then squeeze more, getting stronger on this one despite cutting

3x8 seated DB curls @ 22kg DBs
3x8 seated hammer curls @ 20kg DBs
**** doing anymore, time for work, can't be late on my first day and I'm so so so done. body burning

I made the mistake of taking my clen BEFORE injecting today. Took me 10 mins for a 2.5cc pec injection and I had to steady my injecting arm with my other since it was so hard. can't believe I did that. stupid

pm
45 mins cardio
6x10 hanging leg raises
3x10 oblique crunches

Back