Onk Spring 2016 Contest Prep

I knew a girl that did a bunch of shows over the course of 10 years. She would use vodca to bring out vascularity the day of the show. Didn't think of it as a diuretic but it would make sense as alcohol will use water to metabolize it. That s why hangovers are synonymous with cotton mouth
it just trips me out that the younger generation will read all of that and say, fuck it, lets do it. to save some kind of face, and some livers, what can someone take to aid the liver with all the roids and alcohol?

it just trips me out that the younger generation will read all of that and say, fuck it, lets do it. to save some kind of face, and some livers, what can someone take to aid the liver with all the roids and alcohol?
Ah well good question nac and Tudca can only do so much milk thistle and cranberry juice helps a swell but don't forget about the kidneys everybody always thinks of the liver but the kidneys get a flogging on orals as well they have to filter all that blood that contains all the shit were injecting and eating when there going good you don't even know there in there but when there not you can't even sit in a chair you turn yellow can't eat or drink
The liver can heal itself your kidneys cannot

for the record and for this log. I've used wine as a diuretic the night before a show when I was competing naturally, and it did help a bit....though dyazide as a potassium sparing diuretic is 10x better.

15-Oct

1 week away from my last shot and the end of the log.

this morning I had a mate of mine come watch me train in my AM session as he is having issues growing. About half way through my workout I started asking about his diet and his "supposed" macros were completely wrong and he is eating max 100 calories of protein a day. bloody idiot. 2500 calories and 100 is protein?

am - chest, delts and triceps

3x8 incline chest press @ 160kgs >> big boy weights still
3x10 dip machine @ 130kgs
3x10 cable crossovers

3x7 shoulder press @ 70kg
3x10 seated side delt raise @ 15kg each arm

3x10 tricep ext @ 100kgs
3x10 overhead rope ext, weight unknown

pm
30 mins cardio
20 mins posing

letro starts again tonight (well it's already 10pm so in about 5 mins from now!)

looking better than 2 weeks ago so I've continued leaning down.

anecdotal story: fat guy that I work along side with at work laughed with scorn when I said I was tired on Friday afternoon, the night after we finished at 1030pm. For a guy that doesn't exercise, is fat and sleeps 8-10h a day...I really wanted to put him in his place. However, I have to work with him and he's training me so I simply told him to fuck off.

16-Oct

not going to lie....today sucked. Really sucked. I was lethargic the whole day and the usual activities for me were a chore.

i.e. I woke up at 630am as per usual, am always at the gym by 730 but today it was 820 I got there..dragging my heels.

After eating meal 2 at 9am I fell asleep for 90 mins towards 11am, then slept again from 130-3pm. usually do my cardio around 4pm ona weekend, today it was 730pm as I was still buggered.....

blah, 6 days left, just gotta push through it!

am - legs

no squats is working well so close to comp, legs less bloated and more defined
3x10 leg press @ 200kgs (very light for me)
3x8 standing ham curls @ 50kg each
3x10 seated leg ext @ 95kgs (light again)

4x20 standing calf ext @ 95kgs (light again...)

pm
50 mins cardio
5x10 hanging leg raises

17-Oct

well I'm nearly there and so over this dieting crap. In hindsight, 18 weeks is too long as these last 5 weeks my body hasn't changed too much as I've already hit as lean as I'm going to go. In fact, I look slightly heavier since 2 weeks ago - probably different sleep patterns, lethargy and my new job with the various intrinsic stresses.

ah well, it's 4 more ****ing days. I can power through. It just sucks!

you'll notice I go lighter here today. I won't lose muscle in 5 days and I'm simply tired. Have to drop volume a bit now.

am - back, rear delts, biceps

3x10 wide lat pull down @ 90kgs
3x8 wide grip row @ 80kgs
3x10 rope pullover, enough weight to do 10 reps

3x8 rope face pulls
3x10 DB rear delt fly @ 14kg DBs

3x8 concentration hammer curl @ 20kg DBs
3x8 standing BB curl @ 40kg

pm
30 mins cardio
30 mins posing

Onk it's been a great log , Lotso of fun reading it!

When it's over and you return back to a normal lifestyle are you going to continue the same type of routine, training am/pm ?

Onk it's been a great log , Lotso of fun reading it!

When it's over and you return back to a normal lifestyle are you going to continue the same type of routine, training am/pm ?

thank you, I appreciate that.

My lifestyle would not be anyone else's normal...as I eat 6-7 meals a day year round.

However, it will be "more" normal as I'll only train 1x a day weekdays (2x on weekends). I'll have 2-3 weeks where I sit at maintenance calorie wise until igf1, leptin, ghrellin, insulin, gh all return to normal, then start bulking.

I'd cruise at 400mg of test a week until bloodwork is normal, then blast again. I've already planned my next cycle out.

As I'm young and healthy, also taking a lot of udca and nac for my liver values, it won't be all THAT long until I can start again!

I'm more just over running tren (been on about 30 weeks of the year) and cutting weight.

18-Oct

lowering of carbs begins. I was quite short with my gf tonight and we thought it was best that we just won't talk before bed.

am -
40 mins cardio
20 mins posing

pm -
too bloody tired to train after getting home at 830pm from work
cooked my chicken that will last me to Sunday and now going to bed soon

thank you, I appreciate that.

My lifestyle would not be anyone else's normal...as I eat 6-7 meals a day year round.

However, it will be "more" normal as I'll only train 1x a day weekdays (2x on weekends). I'll have 2-3 weeks where I sit at maintenance calorie wise until igf1, leptin, ghrellin, insulin, gh all return to normal, then start bulking.

I'd cruise at 400mg of test a week until bloodwork is normal, then blast again. I've already planned my next cycle out.

As I'm young and healthy, also taking a lot of udca and nac for my liver values, it won't be all THAT long until I can start again!

I'm more just over running tren (been on about 30 weeks of the year) and cutting weight.
So are you on trt or you just choose to blast and cruise do you ever come off aas completely ???
Haha being short with the misses happens man don't feel bad I punched my toaster today

So are you on trt or you just choose to blast and cruise do you ever come off aas completely ???
Haha being short with the misses happens man don't feel bad I punched my toaster today

b&c, I haven't been "off" for about 2 years now. used to cruise at 250mg but now I can handle 400mg easily

19-Oct

getting close, today was a better day emotionally, though since it was my lowest carb day during peak week it was very tiring

funny story, I fell asleep whilst doing my cardio on the elliptical and fell off it this evening...

clen stopped yesterday, t3 back down from 100mcg/d to 25 as of tomorrow, water still at 8-10L a day.

am
30 mins cardio
20 mins posing

pm
30 mins cardio
20 min full body circuit

19-Oct

getting close, today was a better day emotionally, though since it was my lowest carb day during peak week it was very tiring

funny story, I fell asleep whilst doing my cardio on the elliptical and fell off it this evening...

clen stopped yesterday, t3 back down from 100mcg/d to 25 as of tomorrow, water still at 8-10L a day.

am
30 mins cardio
20 mins posing

pm
30 mins cardio
20 min full body circuit

That's funny as hell!
Ask the front desk at the gym for the video if there is one....I gotta see what it looks like falling asleep during cardio!

20-Oct

nearly there. got tanned this evening, got another tomorrow and then final on Sat b4 i get on stage

bought some extra food this time after last comp's debacle....have heaps of chicken and plenty of rice, wholegrain tortillas, bananas, and some salt and vinegar chips. Otherwise some lollies and gatorade + electrolyte tablets.

am
woke up really late at 630
wolfed down breakfast

practiced posing from 7-730 before going to work

pm
no training any more, that's done, just going to pose and relax

tomorrow I drink a lot of water but have to weigh in the afternoon. as I weigh over 96kg if I eat and drink too much, I'll weigh in at 3pm (earliest I can do) and then start eating more heavily.

21-Oct

day before

now here's a fucking spanner in the works....

when i weighed myself (94.5kg) and took my height (187cm) I was fine for my category.

At the weigh in this afternoon, I weight 94.6 (no problem) but they said I am only 184cm, 2.6kg over my weight class and only had 30 mins to lose it. I hadn't drunk much so nothing to piss or shit out. Nor did I have any laxative on me and I couldn't sweat out 2.6kg in that time....so have to do under 95kg weight class where I'll get smashed by any guy 10cm shorter than me at the same size.

Given this is an international contest, there's sure to be some of those guys there. FUeajgnqjingfwqjoegfnoqkjgfmkoqgf

not a good start.

log:

got up at 6am, stretched and posed
went to work at 730am
ate 40g carbs every hour
left work at 2pm
weigh in at 330pm, took AN HOUR
** see above
430pm get 2nd coat of tan done
530pm finished chatting with the guys post tan and go eat my next meal
630pm back home and carbing up, just had my last bit of water as well
dyazide down too, here we go water depleting

22-Oct
s-s-s-s-s-howwwwwwwww dayyyyyyy

all in all I did 10x better than 2 weeks ago and feel a lot better coming out of it. I may have been slightly less lean (gf thinks I was leaner) or the same, but I did pose better and felt better all round.

Main things I fixed compared to last time:
water - drank more (600ml per 24 hours vs 250ml)
electrolyte - sipped gatorade when back stage when pumping up to go on for mandatory posing
salt - had salt and vinegar chips , about 2 handfuls, when back stage
food - at 1pm noticed I'd gone flat, stopped eating, was back to normal by the time I went on

break down:
7am wake up and have breakfast
8am have meal 2, peed a good 2-3x already
9am meant to leave now, gf is late
1015am NOW WE LEAVE, not sure how she was so late
1045 arrive and sign in
11am sitting around waiting for the start
1130 in typical IFBB fashion, 30 mins b4 show start, they finally get attendants on the front doors, kick every spectator out and then start selling tickets. There is no order in line or organisation so ppl that bought them online don't know where to collect or are the back of the line and have to wait for those to pay cash/card at the door
1230 start, 30 mins late. shitload of juniors and novies, taking ages
2pm juniors just finishing, now about 1h late. notice I start looking flat b4 i go to eat again at 2pm....so miss the meal until I look sharp again
3pm met some new friends and explained how BBing works. Ends up the chick (single) works close to me so we exchange numbers to hang out again later
4pm classic goes on. They aren't the best and in hindsight...I prob would have come top 3 or top 5 at the worst. Top 2 were great, but then it drops off. ah well
5pm weighted section starts. under 60, 65, 70 etc to 100 and I'm at under 95kg
530pm back stage, having some electrolyte, pumping up, having some chips, feeling good
5 mins later, they tell us we're on next. WTF????? how did they stuff this up. most of the guys aren't ready as you usually get 10-20 mins notice
545 we were rushed behind the curtain and lined up...to not go on for 10 mins. So we couldn't eat or drink, and had to do wall pushups and just tense to keep or get pumped
6pm mandatories all complete. I was next to the guy who won Overalls and got his Pro card**. He was a beast.

** will expand: there was about 12 of us split into 2 lines, I made the final 5 call out but not final 3 (see below). These guys at top 3 were amazing, I had 1st and 2nd either side of me. SHorter by a good 10-15cm but built like brick trucks and very lean. They were all really nice as well. I made a lot of friends. What was nice, was they weren't stupidly competitive. Backstage we were helping each other out, holding towels/ropes for resistance as others rowed or curled to pump up. On stage when my line rotate to the back, #1 was completed out of breath so I encouraged him and he caught his breathing by moving on an angle behind the line infront, so he could relax slightly. I sometimes have good advice :). There was more grunting and hissing then usual as we posed, but it added to the ambiance as the crowd got into it and realised the level of exertion we were going through. That helped us really hit the poses and smash each other more. The judges were having a hard time deciding final 5 so I called to the DJ for more music and we had an impromptu pose down which got the crowd going some more. Lots of fun, lots of good pictures of most muscular challenges and what not.

630pm because they're doing all the age groups in a row THEN award, there's 45 guys before me doing 1 min posing routines
715pm FINALLY I'm ready to do my routine. It went well though they cut me off at 55 seconds. As i choreographed it, I knew my seconds down pat and had 1 more pose to go......
745 everyone finished posing routines now so theyre calling results. As we're 2nd last it was a long wait...
8pm done, didn't place top 3. will find out how I went later
845pm home
9pm pad thai eaten...that ended up being my dinner of choice. DIdn't want pizza or burgers or steak. Good old local chicken pad thai. mmmmmhmmm
930pm here we are writing this. just had another gatorade, 2 anti-inflammatory tablets, 1 banana and a small danish for dessert my gf's mum baked me
time to do a lot of washing and hit the hay

I'll try to write one more post with pictures before closing off this log

Back