Oral Anabolic Steroid cycles

Could some old school guys comment on this?
I am absolutely against oral only cycles for myself and prefer test as a base for every cycle. However, I have heard so many stories of people training 70s and 80s who were just on dbol and Winstrol (winny) both oral but dont actually know how they did it (wondering how long, post cycle therapy (pct), oral test??) (example ric drasin on youtube)
interesting topic tho, and it never seems to go away:)

I am absolutely against oral only cycles for myself and prefer test as a base for every cycle. However, I have heard so many stories of people training 70s and 80s who were just on dbol and Winstrol (winny) both oral but dont actually know how they did it (wondering how long, post cycle therapy (pct), oral test??) (example ric drasin on youtube)

they are also the ones with liver tumors and cyst

A buddy of mine doss dbol only cycles, he started lifting 3 years ago and was 145 lbs 5'8, tiny dude. He's done one test cycle and 3 dbol cycle and he's now 203lbs and ripped. Is it possible he may be the execption and didn't "piss out" his results? Btw I'm not defending oral only cycles, I too am against it just stating that he got and kept gains. :)

Don't think he's ever had blood test for his liver so wouldn't be surprised if theres some damage.

Last edited:
Retarded post.

Nothing wrong with oral only cycles.

Provide empirical evidence showing me "oral only" cycles are so bad?

It will be hard to provide empirical evidence comparing oral only cycles to injectable cycles. Studies involving anabolic steroids aren't going to be approved any time soon, but especially not in humans. I think this issue comes down to conventional wisdom and experience.

I was stupid and had to learn the hard way as well on my first cycle. Oral only cycles are a waste of time, sure you get a better sense of well being while on the cycle but you will piss out 90% of the gains that you make on your cycle. Not worth the money. I was afraid of needles too but once you have a friend do it the first time its easy after that.

Personally, orals do suck in general, but they are a good option as a stack, if you don't like the idea of pinning ED/EOD, they can add some really nice lean body mass, and are great alternatives to deca/tren if you have had, or just don't want to experience the associated sides (deca dick, trouble sleeping, painful injections, etc).

I need some help. I am an athlete who has watched his diet and also lifted regularly. I need to gain about 15-25 lbs over the summer. Im 19 6'1'' 170 lbs. max bench 245 max squat about 360. Im not where i want to be and really need some help in deciding what to take. Ive been doing research but dont really know what would be best and have the least amount of side effects. Im new to this so please give any and all information. im looking to stay more lean rather than big and bulky, stay cost effective, and also least amount of side effects as well please

simple: we know better now

alot of these guys took what was the trend. people used orals alot more it seemed, but i would never rec oral only cycle and dont even rec orals on cycle, with somany injects.... why add more toxicity?

I need some help. I am an athlete who has watched his diet and also lifted regularly. I need to gain about 15-25 lbs over the summer. Im 19 6'1'' 170 lbs. max bench 245 max squat about 360. Im not where i want to be and really need some help in deciding what to take. Ive been doing research but dont really know what would be best and have the least amount of side effects. Im new to this so please give any and all information. im looking to stay more lean rather than big and bulky, stay cost effective, and also least amount of side effects as well please

you are not finished development till about age 24-25. using aas can permanently damage/hinder your development ( not im not talking height, but that too) wait till atleast 24.

also make your own thread to get more help. just click on the section of forum form main page that sounds liek the area to post ( eg. supp or aas section) then click "new thread"

I rec supps right now:

creatine 3-5g ed
taurine 1-3g ed
protein powder
multiV
500iu vitd ed
1g vitc ed
lots of good fats.

I don't understand why the method of application is being targeted as bad
I would argue that length of time on would make a greater impact on physique over how you take the hormones
And there are positives to shorter cycles

With that being said, I'm running 20 mgs of dbol, by itself, for 4-6 weeks
This will be my first short cycle, ran three long ones during my 20 yrs of lifting

I always like front loading my cycle(s) with dbol for example then run Anavar (var) along side throughout. My favorite stack right now is test prop/tren ace/ Anavar (var) which works well for my lean body type and I retain more size b/c of the Anavar (var) after my pct.

I don't understand why the method of application is being targeted as bad
I would argue that length of time on would make a greater impact on physique over how you take the hormones
And there are positives to shorter cycles

With that being said, I'm running 20 mgs of dbol, by itself, for 4-6 weeks
This will be my first short cycle, ran three long ones during my 20 yrs of lifting

me neither. shit rolls down hill i guess. how did you like your longer runs?

me neither. shit rolls down hill i guess. how did you like your longer runs?
They all went well, coming off the 2nd one was a bitch, but Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) on the third cycle seemed to make recovery easier, they were all long term commitments though

Almost 2 weeks into my dbol cycle and I am up 8lbs. Don't want to gain weight though
I can tell my body fat is decreasing, around stomach,chest, etc
Been doing high reps past week, sick pumps
Thurs alone, I had 4 people in the gym comment that I'm getting big
Appetite up a little, libido a little
Started Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) today, will run it through the end of cycle
So far, so good

They all went well, coming off the 2nd one was a bitch, but Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) on the third cycle seemed to make recovery easier, they were all long term commitments though

Almost 2 weeks into my dbol cycle and I am up 8lbs. Don't want to gain weight though
I can tell my body fat is decreasing, around stomach,chest, etc
Been doing high reps past week, sick pumps
Thurs alone, I had 4 people in the gym comment that I'm getting big
Appetite up a little, libido a little
Started Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) today, will run it through the end of cycle
So far, so good

good to hear. im eager to hear how well a run this short will go for you. i loved dbol only but for me i needed to run it a bit longer.

i'm doing mix...i've never done oral only cycle...but some of my friends had...then switched...never asked why...now get it...thank you for the post...

This thread is the reason I joined this forum. I was researching oral only cycles only to find out its a bad idea. Thanks for the info

Back