Over-Under grip on Sumo-Deads

Winter

PR Hungry
I've watched a bunch of videos of guys doing over-under grips on sumo deads and their hands are usually really far apart. I've been putting my hands about 8inches apart from each other when I do sumos - is that okay or do I have to put my hands out further?

Just wanted to know if I was using too much bicep in the lift or whatnot.

can sombody also tell me if its bad to pull conven. every week? just as far as how taxing it is on the CNS.

evansss said:
can sombody also tell me if its bad to pull conven. every week? just as far as how taxing it is on the CNS.
I don't see the problem with it. If you feel burnt out and hitting a plateu, then change it up, but if you keep getting gains from it, then why stop?

Winter said:
I've watched a bunch of videos of guys doing over-under grips on sumo deads and their hands are usually really far apart.

Don't you mean most guys have their hands close together when doing sumo deadlifts?

Aboot said:
Don't you mean most guys have their hands close together when doing sumo deadlifts?
From the vids I've seen, which I can't find right now, their hands are actually closer to their legs. Does it really make a difference or is it simply preference?

Back