overweight girlfriend.

lwilder said:
My girlfriend is pretty ...well... fat!
It doesnt bother me, but it does bother her.
She doesnt do any cardio and doesnt eat right ether.
You could say the problem lays there, but i think shes
so overweight that she doesnt have the energy to even start.
I was woundering, would ephedrine help her get startet?
Or is there any other thing that would make her lose some lbs?
I think she would be starting the cardio and diet if she saw that
somthing actually happened.
I guess shes about 250 lbs or somthing.
With that size its difficult to just start jogging, and its embarresing for
her to go to the gym. (her words, i have been trying to get her there for
almost a year.)

Someone know about a good way to drop some dangerous fat?

Well it's a sad thing but you won't see results the first day of a work out. I think you need to explain to her that it's gonna take some time and effort to get herself the way she wants to be and like somebody said early she has got to want it bad enough because she is the only one in control of herself. I think lots of encouragement will help and just like everything else a good diet and start little by little with the work outs...walking was a suggestion early. Good luck to the both of you!

cut sugar and fast-digesting carbs, start eating long-digesting carbs, and exercise with her regularly with a moderate intensity.

my girlfriends sister was about 250lbs at 5'2". for years she read books on dieting and even tried some of them but every single time she ended up gaining more and more. she was in a relationship for a long time and that's when she gained the most weight. i think people get comfortable with their partners and feel that they no longer need to worry about being attractive. they ended breaking up and then what do you know a couple of months after she started exercising and went on a some chinese medicine diet that only allows you to eat only certain foods from like 12-4pm. the diet sounds like crap but hey she's now 177lbs and it's the only diet that's ever worked for her. if you want some info let me know.
she was just a compulsive eater and was lazyyyy as hell... she also would leave candy and chocolate everywhere.
not that it's your fault at all (it's 99% her) but you say that you're completely happy with the way she looks. i think that in itself provides a little too much comfort for her. I know that I've told my g/f before that I thought that she could make her legs a little more defined and then for the next few months she worked out (with me) and made her legs more defined. i said something like "i love your legs as they are but they used to be more defined...I liked them a little more defined better" i notice when my g/f (positively) criticizes me even the slightest bit i work my hardest to improve it as well.
but like everyone else has said it has to be by her own will. she has to be motivated from within.

Last edited:
well you should tell your woman, to get off her ass. take care of her body and get some damn motivation. THat right there is the most irritating thing iver ever heard from anyone!! If someone thinks they are fat and un happy then THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. just thinking about it wont change her weight!! and as for going to a gym. any person i see who is over weight i respect them for taking the time to TRY!! if she isnt willing to eat right cardio wont do anything for her. yoiu have to create deficeit between the calories you intake/burn!! bottomline tell her to eat clean and TRY!! if she doesnt care enough about her health then thats her problem... sorry to be harsh to you sweetie, i just think that is pathetic for any person to be!! if you dont like somethng change it!! the power lies in your hands and what you put in your mouth.

crewe21 said:
Well it's a sad thing but you won't see results the first day of a work out. I think you need to explain to her that it's gonna take some time and effort to get herself the way she wants to be and like somebody said early she has got to want it bad enough because she is the only one in control of herself. I think lots of encouragement will help and just like everything else a good diet and start little by little with the work outs...walking was a suggestion early. Good luck to the both of you!

I agree. good luck bro! Just make sure your there for support..

At that kind of weight she needs to WANT to change her life.

If drugs did all the work, she would be dependant on them if she didn't make changes on her own. Otherwise she would rebound, and then what would be the point?

Start naturally first, get that diet going and some kind of low impact routine - like walking.

lwilder said:
She only drinks low-carb beverages, but mabe 5-6 litre a day if she can.

I haven't seen a low carb beverage that has carbs in it that I can think of. Water has no carbs, same with something artificially sweetened.

So if it was Gatorade or something, thats still sugar. 5-6 liters of that or Coke C2 is still, high carbs. You also need to look at the GI not just the quanity, she is probably very insulin resistant at this point and has her work cut out for her.

t.t. - why did you change your avatar? i don't think you can put yourself in the shoes of a 5'2" 250# person, given your apparent and inherent physique (maybe 1 of the shoes). but i could be wrong.

here's a semi-related anecdote:

in parts of asia (japan, southeast asia), women and men who are obese find a very difficult time dating, much less marrying. this has been the case for a very long time in many of these cultures. (yes, there are exceptions to this, so no need to jump around , swinging your arms saying you've seen a fat thai girl before.) the implications have been this: people with predispositions to be fat/obese have failed to reproduce at the same rate as slender/skinny people. thus, if you spend considerable time throughout these regions, you will find a stark contrast with America, europe, the middle east and northern asia where women/men are routinely fat/obese.

anyway, there's books on this...if anyone cares to research the science behind it.

if you don't mind that your wife is large, and she doesn't mind that being in said condition will likely lead to an early demise due to health problems, then just live life happily! otherwise, take the well intentioned advice of all those who are posting on your behalf...and help motivate her, quickly. cheers

t.t said:
well you should tell your woman, to get off her ass. take care of her body and get some damn motivation. THat right there is the most irritating thing iver ever heard from anyone!! If someone thinks they are fat and un happy then THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. just thinking about it wont change her weight!! and as for going to a gym. any person i see who is over weight i respect them for taking the time to TRY!! if she isnt willing to eat right cardio wont do anything for her. yoiu have to create deficeit between the calories you intake/burn!! bottomline tell her to eat clean and TRY!! if she doesnt care enough about her health then thats her problem... sorry to be harsh to you sweetie, i just think that is pathetic for any person to be!! if you dont like somethng change it!! the power lies in your hands and what you put in your mouth.

t.t. I love you...

J/K, but that is basically what it boils down to. Sound like if you put it like that she will curl up in her little phsycological ball and eat more chocolate.

I like the walk idea. Start by walking with her and complementing her efforts.
Also I think the idea was right on about how when you are satisfied enough with her weight, then there really is no reason left to lose it since she lacks the internal motivation.

lwilder said:
She only drinks low-carb beverages, but mabe 5-6 litre a day if she can.
holy shit...5-6 litre ED?????? that right there would take care of major callories alone...

Thanks for all the replies!
If i could say to her that she needed to lose weight and she would have
started working out and dieting i would.
But i think she feels safe with me, and me telling her that would make more
harm than good.

Its true, she has gotten more comfortable and a little bit heavyer since we met.
And i have been wondering that maybe im the reason that she doesnt start.
She does feel safe with me, since i have shown that i dont care.

But i wont break her into doing somthing shes not ready for, i can only help her on the way.

And we are going on a moonlight walk right now ;)

diegothailand said:
t.t. - why did you change your avatar? i don't think you can put yourself in the shoes of a 5'2" 250# person, given your apparent and inherent physique (maybe 1 of the shoes). but i could be wrong.

here's a semi-related anecdote:

in parts of asia (japan, southeast asia), women and men who are obese find a very difficult time dating, much less marrying. this has been the case for a very long time in many of these cultures. (yes, there are exceptions to this, so no need to jump around , swinging your arms saying you've seen a fat thai girl before.) the implications have been this: people with predispositions to be fat/obese have failed to reproduce at the same rate as slender/skinny people. thus, if you spend considerable time throughout these regions, you will find a stark contrast with America, europe, the middle east and northern asia where women/men are routinely fat/obese.

anyway, there's books on this...if anyone cares to research the science behind it.

if you don't mind that your wife is large, and she doesn't mind that being in said condition will likely lead to an early demise due to health problems, then just live life happily! otherwise, take the well intentioned advice of all those who are posting on your behalf...and help motivate her, quickly. cheers
i dont know i just felt like changing it, i didnt think anyone would notice that i changed it!!!

Stone said:
t.t. I love you...

J/K, but that is basically what it boils down to. Sound like if you put it like that she will curl up in her little phsycological ball and eat more chocolate.

I like the walk idea. Start by walking with her and complementing her efforts.
Also I think the idea was right on about how when you are satisfied enough with her weight, then there really is no reason left to lose it since she lacks the internal motivation.
awgh love you too stone:)..... :insane2:

tell her to "move more and eat less". It's as simple as that. For someone as out of shape as you say she is all it will take is a 30-45 walk everyday to start see some results.

Tell her to stop with the low carb drinks, I'm guess diet cola. It's crap. She's gotta start drinking 4+ litres of water a day, that's water, only water.

And absolutely NO CARBS from lunch onward.

this is plenty of advice to get the ball rolling, but in the end she has to want it for HERSELF.

diegothailand said:
maybe i'm mistaken, but there aren't a lot of hot, college-aged ladies on this board...why not have your own thread!?
well thank you diego!! :) you are sweet!! why dont you post a picture of you

Back