passing through/ hitting a vein?

freakyfoot

Last Night Was My 4Th Pin Of Test E....Mt Wife Has Been GivIng My Injections As She Has Sime Experience In The Medical Field(Dentistry)....Im Pretty Sure Ahe Either Passed Thru A Vein Or At Least Knicked A Vein In Glute!! 15SecoNds Or So After Ahe Removed The Syringe I Got Lighg Headed And BroKe Out In Afull Body Sweat For Maybe 3 Mins Or So....Kinda Scary!!! Hell She Thought She Did Something Really Bad But It Subsided...She Did Aspirate But She Was A Little Shakier Than Normal Maybe Moving Tge Needle Around Getting Into A Vein.....Is This A Good Assumption?I'm Fine Now With Minimal Soreness, Maybe A Little More Than The First Few Pins But A Little Muscular Soreness Similar To Before.....Should IWorry That Not enough Test Was Injected Into Muscle Or Just Go On With Next Scheduled Pin? Prolly A Dumb QuesTion But Thoughg I Would Ask Anyway!! lol

Last Night Was My 4Th Pin Of Test E....Mt Wife Has Been GivIng My Injections As She Has Sime Experience In The Medical Field(Dentistry)....Im Pretty Sure Ahe Either Passed Thru A Vein Or At Least Knicked A Vein In Glute!! 15SecoNds Or So After Ahe Removed The Syringe I Got Lighg Headed And BroKe Out In Afull Body Sweat For Maybe 3 Mins Or So....Kinda Scary!!! Hell She Thought She Did Something Really Bad But It Subsided...She Did Aspirate But She Was A Little Shakier Than Normal Maybe Moving Tge Needle Around Getting Into A Vein.....Is This A Good Assumption?I'm Fine Now With Minimal Soreness, Maybe A Little More Than The First Few Pins But A Little Muscular Soreness Similar To Before.....Should IWorry That Not enough Test Was Injected Into Muscle Or Just Go On With Next Scheduled Pin? Prolly A Dumb QuesTion But Thoughg I Would Ask Anyway!! lol

You're fine. Go with the next scheduled pin. Just to be clear, go with it at the normal scheduled time, don't go with it now. :)

Sounds more like anxiety than a nick

Never Been An Anxiety Prone Person...Cut Part Of My FInger Off One Time, Picked It Up And Drove Myself To Tge Doctor So IM Pretty Sure It Wasnt Anxiety...Im Not Too Worried About ItJust Trying ToFigure It Out So I Know. Like I Say First Three Pins Went Flawlessly....She Did Mention Njection Was A Bit Lower On Tge Glute Than Previously....Also Bled Just A Little...That Being The Reason I Thoughg Maybe She Nicked A Vein Or Sumthin....Thanks For The repliesA

Sounds more like you just hit a nerve on the way in. I've hit a nerve in the left Quad a few times now, all I get though is a bit of a "twitch" and slight pain. I'd recommend pinning somewhere else for a while, or pin further away from that spot.

You're going to die man!! Just kidding. You will be fine man. It happens sometimes. You probably hit a vein. I like shooting my delts and quads because I have better control man. I know your lady was doing it, but try to rotate sites to see how you do as well.

Most likely a nerve is what I think too.
Could've also hit a vein, but that will show up as coughing and an odd tasting of the gear a few seconds after as the oil has made its way to the lungs.
Either way, it's in and no need to change your schedule at all.

^ Probbaly nicked a nerve. What you experienced sounds like mild shock. If you inj into a vein you would likely cough like a mofo and maybe even pass out.

I had my 4th shot of test e this morning. I was going into the thigh and didn't have the stick in any more than 1/4" and I guess I hit a vein. I felt it right away and my reflex was to pull it right out. There was a ton of blood. I finally got it to stop bleeding, but that spot as a small lump, a nasty bruise (I'm guessing blood that got under the skin) and my leg feels weak. I switched pins and moved about an inch over, got most of the way in and aspirated, but there was blood. Pulled that out and looked in the syringe and there was a small glob of blood floating around. Didn't know if it was ok to still use that syringe, so I ditched it and started over. This time I went into the glute, no problems at all...but I was ready to pass out and was pale as shit

My question is, that had to be a vein I hit the first time right? And is it normal for it to lump up slightly afterward? Can you still use it the syringe if theres blood in it? Also like I said, My leg is weak and feels shaky....that ok, or am I dead? Ha

You hit a vein. When you bruise up and there is excessive bleeding that is when you knick or pass through a vein when injecting.
A small amount of blood you just hit capillaries on your way in or out and they are causing bleeding. The quads are tricky sometimes for people, and you are more likely to hit a vein in your quad then your glute.

Man, I think a lot of you are confused on what hitting a blood vessel and a nerve do.

Nerve: Your muscle involuntarily JUMPS like it was hit with 120 volts, scaring the hell out of you and possibly causing you to go light headed if you've never had this happen before. You do NOT forget what hitting a nerve feels like, I promise. The top side of quads are notorious for this as well as parts of the dorsal glutes. Blood may or may not happen upon needle removal, but your leg might "tingle" for awhile as the nerve endings are really mad at you. You will be apprehensive next time you go to pin that spot. ;)

Vessel: You don't normally feel anything different unless you like to "lube" your pin by squeezing a few drops out through the needle prior to insertion. If you do this, you may get a metallic taste in your mouth and an upset stomach. I've only had this happen a handful of times as I don't normally do the "lube" trick, so the odds of getting oil into a vessel are pretty low. Once you pull the pin out, you either get a stream of blood, that I call a "squirter" - I've painted the walls before, which is pretty entertaining if your loved one happens to be nearby. ;) You can also get a "dribbler" which is where the blood just doesn't want to stop coming out, but it's at a trickle. Pressure on either of these will stop the blood, so don't panic.

I think the reason why so many get all queasy or feel like they're going to pass out is just from inexperience. It's not a natural thing to be placing a piece of steel into your body and we know this both consciously and subconsciously. I know lots of guys that still have to look away when pinning as the needle pierces the skin as it's just upsetting to them. This should get better over time, but I think it's all about how you perceive what you're doing and how nervous you are about it.

My .02c :)

Back