Personal Training Certs

Champ

Personal Training Certs
Hey guys,

I am considering getting my personal training certificate but have a couple of questions. 1) What is the best way about obtaining one? I have looked and found some correspondence courses that you can purchase over the internet. Also what is the best type of certification. I have seen that there are many difference organizations that you can get certs from. What are the best, or most recognized certifications. How much would it cost to get a certification, and how long.

Sorry for all the questions, but I got a job offer at my gym if I get my certificate, and since I am a full time school teacher I figure it would be a good summer job considering i am at the gym all the time anyway.

Thanks for all your help

Champ

grrrrrrrrrrr...........when ever u see your av i look at for like 5 mins .....then feellike fucking......man u r gonna make me a sex freak...

Ace Sucks Ass, a drunken monkey could pass their test. If you're not getting you're degree in some sort of physical discipline, then go with ISSA.

Champ said:
Personal Training Certs
Hey guys,

I am considering getting my personal training certificate but have a couple of questions. 1) What is the best way about obtaining one? I have looked and found some correspondence courses that you can purchase over the internet. Also what is the best type of certification. I have seen that there are many difference organizations that you can get certs from. What are the best, or most recognized certifications. How much would it cost to get a certification, and how long.

Sorry for all the questions, but I got a job offer at my gym if I get my certificate, and since I am a full time school teacher I figure it would be a good summer job considering i am at the gym all the time anyway.

Thanks for all your help

Champ
the best and the most recognized are two different things. a few organizations out there are popular because they are involved with athletes and other stars. if you want the best go here- www.exercisecertification.com read up on their exam procedures and then compare them to other certs. most certs are a weekend course or like you said you can get them over the internet.

Look in the back of Muscle Fitness Magazine. I knew a guy who practically bought his cert. But he is a moron and I'm sure you being a teacher your more interested in doing things right than just having a certificate. Good Luck Bro

ACE is one of the most recognized but I'm sure that if you were offered a job at your gym, they would accept ISSA. It's a very comprehensive course and you can do it at your own pace as it's correspondence. I've got several different pt certifications myself. You can never learn too much so I would suggest getting more than one. :)

Thanks for the help I will look into ISSA and ACE. Depending on price I will also consider getting both

Champ

Also, don't forget about ACSM cert, I think that's correspondence courses too, and it's about the gold standard of PT certification.

this is off topic but I would like everyone describe what they think a good certification exam is? I have seen and taken many certs and most of them are a joke. no offense to anyone but multiple choice and fill in the blank answers don't make for a qualified trainer.

For starters, the exams need a clinical component. Instead of answering multiple choice questions on how to measure someone's bodyfat percentage or blood pressure, you should be required to actually DO it.

CM

There were no multiple choice questions in my test. You also have to do 10 case studies which you have to go to watch marathons and do hands on things etc. It's hard trust me.

Thanks for the info Ingram, the only problem is that I am currently living in the US, but when I move back to Canada I will defenitly check it out.

Champ

Back