Pinned and missed the muscle

Radar69

I pinned in the thigh as I normally do once a week.. Is It possible that I pinned between muscles?
After pinning I felt a warm feeling going to my knee, That was Sunday.
Today is Thursday, I woke up fine, at work noticed that my knee was swelling and stiff. noticeable larger than the other?

Did I twist the knee and not notice?? or is this a missed pin?

no expert here - but i have had a similar experience with the "warm feeling" - almost like warm oil running from the injection site to the knee cap but feeling that on the inside of your body not the outside. I had mild soreness after a day or two but nothing any longer. These were "virgin" injection spots too though, once I pinned them a few times, never had an issue. If its still bugging you might be worth a trip to the doc to rule out infection.

Sounds like you went too low on the quad, and hit a nerve. Steer clear of the teardrop.

2) Hitting the lymphatic system.

Hitting the lymphatic system is very rare. The lymphatic system is as vast as the circulatory system but the standard injection sights (Glute, ventro-glute, medial delts and vastus lateralis) are generally void of lymphatic nodes. If a lymph node is hit with an injection pain is likely to be severe and edema vast. The swelling will come on very fast and be extensive. It is also likely to along the lymph system to the next lymph gland. This is most noticeable with a vastus lateralis shot where the swelling tracks down toward the back of the knee. Unlike the edema experienced with tissue irritation (within the muscle only) the edema with a lymphatic puncture will be both inter and intra-muscular with a moderate amount of swelling just underneath the skin giving it a softer puffy feel. This can be tested for by pressing the swollen area with your finger, if in indent remains you have a more systematic edema and more than just local tissue irreation. The other most noticeable difference is that the swelling should not be warm/hot to touch.
Ice and ibuprofen may help. The affected area must be rested and the patient can expect pain and swelling to start to dis after 72 hours and last at least 10 days. The painful area must not be massaged.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/157651-injection-site-pain-read.html

Back